Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2013 6:59:49 AM EDT
So, I'm hitting the dating scene again. Doing the usual stuff, paging through mostly crazy eyed ladies on websites, leaving my mothers crawl space and trying socialize a bit more, bathing regularly, etc. I'm even working out (but that's because of Cola Warrior.)

So, I'm the fat guy with the goatee. I asked my mom the last time she brought some mountain dew and oreos to my crawlspace what she thought of it. I got the answer I expected, "Shave it off. You look much nicer without it."

What do you ladies prefer? Clean shaven? Full beard? Goatee? I've got that Scots-Irish blood running through me, so I rock a bit of a red beard. I can grow a decent one, but I can't pull off the full viking/epic beard man growth.

I suppose the rest of you homos can respond too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Never groom something to grow on your face that grows wild on your ass
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a full beard.  Haven't shaved since Jan 1, 2012.  So I guess I fit under full viking/epic beard man growth.

My wife (she posts here, I'll see if I can get her to post her take too) loves it.  Lots of ladies out there love it.

It's personal preference for women though.  Just like we have personal preference on long hair vs. short hair, skinny vs. chubby, etc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
A beard will cleverly disguise your lack of jaw line.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Flavor saver all the way bro.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll strike that one up to clean shaven.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a good jaw, I just have one too many chins.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, I'm hitting the dating scene again. Doing the usual stuff, paging through mostly crazy eyed ladies on websites, leaving my mothers crawl space and trying socialize a bit more, bathing regularly, etc. I'm even working out (but that's because of Cola Warrior.)

So, I'm the fat guy with the goatee. I asked my mom the last time she brought some mountain dew and oreos to my crawlspace what she thought of it. I got the answer I expected, "Shave it off. You look much nicer without it."

What do you ladies prefer? Clean shaven? Full beard? Goatee? I've got that Scots-Irish blood running through me, so I rock a bit of a red beard. I can grow a decent one, but I can't pull off the full viking/epic beard man growth.

You again...

ETA: should we start the mirror again?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a good jaw, I just have one too many chins.

So three then?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You again...

wat Dec. 2012?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#12]
There are women on ARF other than XCR?

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jesus had a beard

He was also in great shape, and was the Son of God. I think he could've rocked a mullet if he so chose.

ETA And he had long, flowing locks. My hair looks like sheep's wool when I let it get long.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Jesus had a beard

LOL
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus had a beard

He was also in great shape, and was the Son of God. I think he could've rocked a mullet if he so chose.

ETA And he had long, flowing locks. My hair looks like sheep's wool when I let it get long.

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo suit......

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You again...

wat Dec. 2012?

Just haven't seen a post from you in a while. You can say Dec 2012, however I've been lurking around for quite some time, which would date me back to 05 when I bought my first AR, and had problems then found this forum for help. I didn't see the reason for signing up as I worked in the field then and didn't have time to read and reply,  but with all that has come up in the last few months I've returned full time and bought my membership. So take you Pedistol having ass and shove it you are no better then anyone else here Chief. MR. DEC 08'  With all do respect of course

ETA: I go with the Goat "Stroke the Goat"  
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You again...

wat Dec. 2012?

Just haven't seen a post from you in a while. You can say Dec 2012, however I've been lurking around for quite some time, which would date me back to 05 when I bought my first AR, and had problems then found this forum for help. I didn't see the reason for signing up as I worked in the field then and didn't have time to read and reply,  but with all that has come up in the last few months I've returned full time and bought my membership. So take you Pedistol having ass and shove it you are no better then anyone else here Chief. MR. DEC 08'  With all do respect of course

I was just messing with you. I've seen so much shit flung at you guys I actually did that to a December '08 member yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Different women like different things. Some guys I just can't see with facial hair.
But I love a beard on my husband. Multiplies his sexy factor x100
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Grow it how you want it now, don't expect the woman you find to like you with a beard, if you were clean shavin when you meet her.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Bottom row, third from the left.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Grow it how you want it now, don't expect the woman you find to like you with a beard, if you were clean shavin when you meet her.

I've become indifferent, and I am thinking I might widen the scope of my possibilities if I shave it.

The problem is, it's been with me for most of 6 years.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You again...

wat Dec. 2012?

I was just messing with you. I've seen so much shit flung at you guys I actually did that to a December '08 member yesterday.

No problem I'm not upset. Just playing. It's all goooood in da hoood. were good man.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to say a goatee is a pretty safe bet most of the time.  More guys can rock them than not, IMO.

And if you're a fuller figured fella you might trend towards having a baby face which a goatee can help balance out a bit.

Pics?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm going to say a goatee is a pretty safe bet most of the time.  More guys can rock them than not, IMO.

And if you're a fuller figured fella you might trend towards having a baby face which a goatee can help balance out a bit.

Pics?

She brings up a good point.

I look like I'm 14 without some kind of facial hair.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pics?

I do have a bit of a baby face. Being nearly 32 and having a slightly crooked nose helps with that, though.

As far as posting a pic in GD...I don't think so.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Don't you shave your head though?  I do like a shaved head paired with a goatee.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

I do have a bit of a baby face. Being nearly 32 and having a slightly crooked nose helps with that, though.

Don't be scurred.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Don't you shave your head though?  I do like a shaved head paired with a goatee.

I do. It's why I love my golf hats/visors.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Goatee will come in handy if you ever get locked up. It'll be like your face has a vagina.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Yeah, I do.

I have a full-on beard though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Goatee will come in handy if you ever get locked up. It'll be like your face has a vagina.

Where'd this guy come from?  

I've been laughing at your posts for a few weeks now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I spent three days in Jail once when I was 20...nobody even made a pass at me.

(nothing serious, I just got bent over a table [FIGURATIVELY] for a BS misdemeanor charge that I tried to fight without a lawyer.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Yeah, I do.

I have a full-on beard though.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(nothing serious, I just got bent over a table [FIGURATIVELY] for a BS misdemeanor charge that I tried to fight without a lawyer.)

I've been lucky. I've not been in jail since I was a teenager. And that was some bullshit about "False Public Alarm". Who knew you couldn't run through the garage door and out the back of the local firehouse while yelling "MOVIES!!!! MOVIES!!!!! MOVIES!!!!"
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Don't be scurred.

I'm sure I'll be exposed through Cola Warrior. Especially when I can't get my big ass up on the conex box (at least not without much grunting and flopping about.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been lucky. I've not been in jail since I was a teenager. And that was some bullshit about "False Public Alarm". Who knew you couldn't run through the garage door and out the back of the local firehouse while yelling "MOVIES!!!! MOVIES!!!!! MOVIES!!!!"

Was that "Jail" cell padded, perhaps?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#38]
I live by these words.

http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/humor/an-awesome-infographic-on-why-you-should-embrace-the-beard/

My beard is only eight months long but is very respected by everyone I meet. Seems no one can grow one anymore.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm a fan of clean shaven.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Was that "Jail" cell padded, perhaps?

No, just the standard local yellow-bar hotel. I only had to stay for 4 hours though. If you were a juvie and it wasn't a felony/violent crime, they would only be allowed to hold you for 4 hours, unless your parents came to pick you up sooner. My mom's philosophy was "If you get in trouble, I'm not coming to get you out" so...

But yeah, I have a goatee. I'm not all that eager to go to jail now, because I don't want someone viewing my face as a prison pussy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Do it Gimli style.  Went full on beard this year, haven't shaved since November and wife digs it.  Thinking I'll go this route every fall/winter.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do it Gimli style.  Went full on beard this year, haven't shaved since November and wife digs it.  Thinking I'll go this route every fall/winter.

http://i.imgur.com/DXWuGmF.png

Dude, if I could pull that off, I totally would.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Given how quickly my hair line is receding, that's where I'll be soon
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Given how quickly my hair line is receding, that's where I'll be soon

I do it because it's cool (temperature,) I can do it myself, and I always kept a high and tight, at most, anyways.

I have EXTREMELY thick hair. I just got tired of paying $20 for a $6 haircut. $30 Wahl clippers, and I keep it up about once every two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#45]
SHAVE IT OFF!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#46]
There's no one answer. Some guys look good with a beard, other look like retards. No one looks good with a goatee.

Every woman that I have dated has preferred me with about a week of scruff.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Beard.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#48]
I've had a full beard for 3 years.  I will never go back
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I shaved it once and the second the wife saw it she said " grow it back"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top