BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/19/2013 6:56:37 AM EDT
When and where to?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul has agreed to take up operations in my moms basement.  As soon as I move out of course
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I hear they are moving to New York. No, that's not right. California? Nope... can't be there either. Connecticut! Oh, wait that isn't going to work. Maryland, that's got to be it. Nope, not according to Beretta.

Everyone knows they are moving to either Texas or Tennessee!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Who cares. They aren't going to your neck of the woods and they aren't going to hire you and they aren't going to give you free shit when then do move.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully they will be along soon to this thread and will let us know....
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#6]
A report circulating the Kremlin states Texas has been chosen as the new home for Magpul.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Magpul has agreed to take up operations in my moms basement.  As soon as I move out of course

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They will most likely stay close. Unless they get a significant tax break or grant from another state, it's cheapest and easiest to move a short distance. Probably Wyoming.

Makes the most sense.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm betting they dont move at all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They will most likely stay close. Unless they get a significant tax break or grant from another state, it's cheapest and easiest to move a short distance. Probably Wyoming.

I was thinking Wyoming or Utah.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm thinking your very wrong on that one guy

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm going to wear out this picture soon.  Emphasis mine.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I've read rumors that Montana was in the running too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When and where to?

Magpul put out an ARF "press release" in a post outlining their plans
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who cares. They aren't going to your neck of the woods and they aren't going to hire you and they aren't going to give you free shit when then do move.

Well someone's a little pissy today aren't they?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I understand and respect their decision to boycott Colorado but they leaving Colorado is giving up a lot in terms of lifestyle.  I don't see them moving someplace like Texas, Tennessee or someplace like that.  A conservative mountain state makes sense.  I always thought it odd that they set up shop in Boulder of all places.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#17]
"become a multi-state operation". Sounds like a strategy to keep their options open.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who gets the Hot Pockets?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I understand and respect their decision to boycott Colorado but they leaving Colorado is giving up a lot in terms of lifestyle.  I don't see them moving someplace like Texas, Tennessee or someplace like that.  A conservative mountain state makes sense.  I always thought it odd that they set up shop in Boulder of all places.

I have brought this up often.  There's about 0 chance of the guys from Magpul wanting to move to SD or TN or TX or pretty much anywhere east of CO.

They've said before that they love the Colorado lifestyle - outdoors, etc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#21]
My cousin's taxidermist was talking to his son's pediatrician who heard it from his dog breeder that they are coming to Alabama.

I believe 'em.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#22]
RIck Perry was just on Glenn Beck and said he had contacted them asking them to come to Texas.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We cannot possibly wait that long for more p mags
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Wyoming or Utah are my bets.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll bet somebody in Leander, TX could help them find a place to relocate.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

A report circulating the Kremlin states Texas has been chosen as the new home for Magpul.

so they can move again in ten years

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#27]
God please let them move to Gettysburg
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Come to Utah, we love guns and need more magazines!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they would lose somecustomers if they didnt...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#30]
How much of their manufacturing is done in Colorado? Or is it just the corporate headquarters?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#31]
They should start making 50 state edition magazines, like the quarters, but leaving out the unfriendly states.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have brought this up often.  There's about 0 chance of the guys from Magpul wanting to move to SD or TN or TX or pretty much anywhere east of CO.

Yeah, but but but come to Oklahoma! Yeah that's it! OK is OK! Alright, maybe Missouri then? We're really middle-ish!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Utah is very business friendly and would provide a similar landscape to Colorado!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Once they pencil out how much this is going to cost, they may change their mind.  Moving a business is expensive.  Not just the physical moving of assets but the down time, retraining new employees, set up, lost production, finding new suppliers, etc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Where was that link about them moving to North Korea??.........

They will move soon enough and wont be traveling a huge distance to set up a new operation. It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Once they pencil out how much this is going to cost, they may change their mind.  Moving a business is expensive.  Not just the physical moving of assets but the down time, retraining new employees, set up, lost production, finding new suppliers, etc.

I would agree on the expenses, but their motivation is fueled by making a political stand as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yep.  My guess is Cheyenne

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Could you just imagine the colossal abundance of win if the two of them were to become neighboring shops ??

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...because TN has no outdoor lifestyle...

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Deciding to not move and stay behind enemy lines could prove to be very expensive as well. How many customers would go elsewhere just on principal alone?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-media/47/112647-004-9AB7A065.jpg

Compared to CO?  No.  Y'all have some nice hills, and it's pretty, but it's nothing compared to the mountain west.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They were not bluffing, Magpul will move out of that now shit hole anti gun liberal state

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How much of their manufacturing is done in Colorado? Or is it just the corporate headquarters?

Currently all the molding is done in CO but apparently it would be fairly easy to move...

Magpul post

Another post from the same thread
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#44]
yes but they will recoup the costs when the local governments give them tax breaks for opening new businesses in their districts..
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Compared to CO?  No.  Y'all have some nice hills, and it's pretty, but it's nothing compared to the mountain west.

I agree.  The Smokey Mountains are nice but the Rockies are different.  I'm not saying you can't like and enjoy both but just because you have some outdoors there it isn't the same.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  The Smokey Mountains are nice but the Rockies are different.  I'm not saying you can't like and enjoy both but just because you have some outdoors there it isn't the same.

Sure it's different, but what can you do in the Rocky's that you can't do in the Smokies?

And just to add, I'm not making an arguement for Magpul to come to TN...just wondering why TN isn't 'outdoors' friendly?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you like your mountains, they are beuatiful. But you can keep them, the rest of us will keep our guns and mags

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it's different, but what can you do in the Rocky's that you can't do in the Smokies?

And just to add, I'm not making an arguement for Magpul to come to TN...just wondering why TN isn't 'outdoors' friendly?

Climb a 14er.
Climb 3 14ers in a day.
Get above treeline.
Ski from 12,000'
etc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could you just imagine the colossal abundance of win if the two of them were to become neighboring shops ??

YES, that would be grand . . . . and I really do think LaRue could help them relocate there without much trouble.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Climb a 14er.
Climb 3 14ers in a day.
Get above treeline.
Ski from 12,000'
etc.

So pretty much, everything you can do in the Appalachains...only higher?  

There's a pot joke somewhere in there too...I just can't find it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top