Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2013 11:00:24 PM EDT
In the Phoenix Area I think we have nearly 5 million people.  Yet the area votes republican other than a couple of districts.  

Are there any other big metropolitan areas that lean right or is it just us?  I think it has to do with our layout.  The city spans over 60 miles from end to end so instead of a big urban area that grows up we seem to grow out. It's not so much like a big city but like ten small cities parked next to each other doing their own thing.   When space gets tight a new city pops up rather than crowding the other ones.    Maybe population density has something to do with this bullshit that happens in other big cities?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you define as big? Oklahoma City has pretty conservative voting habits.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What do you define as big? Oklahoma City has pretty conservative voting habits.

I don't know.  Maybe 2-3 million people in a connected border area.  Not a string of seperate smaller cities.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Oklahoma city.

Not as big as Phoenix, but it is densely populated. Not huge and spread out like Phoenix but still votes conservative.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oklahoma city.

Not as big as Phoenix, but it is densely populated. Not huge and spread out like Phoenix but still votes conservative.

The OKC metro area only has ~1.3 million people. Parts are dense, but nowhere near a lot of other cities.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
San Diego is fairly conservative, at least by California standards.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Nashville
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
There sure as heck isn't in my area of the country.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Salt Lake City, Utah.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top