Quoted:

...unless you're AZ, NV, or UT.

That is all.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That is all.

They can setup up shop next to Surefire's mag plant in Northern Nevada.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it makes the most sense for them to move to southern Wyoming, since it would be closest to their current workforce for ease of transition. Of course Magpul did say, if they are forced to move due to the legislation, it would be a multi-state deal. I really hope it doesn't come to them needing to move, but if they do, I hope it goes as smoothly as possible for them and their employees.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Kansas? Wyoming? Montana? Mississippi? The whole right coast?

Let's be serious, children.

The western half is where the new generation of innovation resides. You think magpul is going to move to middle of nowhere, podunk craphole with no infrastructure? The free states in the desert know what's up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
No Texas? Shiiiiiitttttttt.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
They should move 5 feet over the border from CO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They should move 5 feet over the border from CO.

They can set up shop next door to The Den which is on the WY/CO border
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm annoyed by all the "MAGPUL, MOVE TO MY STATE XYZ". You love Magpul and want them near by, we get it. Didn't they say they would have operations in multiple states? Might see a NW SW NE SE thing going on for distribution, which might be nice. I might have my P-Mags ordered on 12/20, if they had that in place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#12]
man I thought they would move to Illinois.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The western half is where the new generation of innovation resides. You think magpul is going to move to middle of nowhere, podunk craphole with no infrastructure? The free states in the desert know what's up.

Why not Wyoming? What better way to give the middle finger to the govt of Colorado, than set up in Cheyenne? Folks from Colorado could drive over the border and get Pmags at roadside stands like fireworks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would they move to the blue state of Nevada?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm annoyed by all the "MAGPUL, MOVE TO MY STATE XYZ". You love Magpul and want them near by, we get it. Didn't they say they would have operations in multiple states? Might see a NW SW NE SE thing going on for distribution, which might be nice. I might have my P-Mags ordered on 12/20, if they had that in place.

Yep, that shit is getting annoying quick.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]

You mean NY is out?

I'm shocked!!!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if they'll actually announce their plans before some of this shit has a chance to get settled on or defeated in congress.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why would they move to the blue state of Nevada?

Exactly, a R governor is the only difference between CO. And NV. Nevada is a lost cause, Clark County had the highest unemployment rate in the country and voted to re elect Zero and Reid. Glad I bailed out when I did.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not Wyoming? What better way to give the middle finger to the govt of Colorado, than set up in Cheyenne? Folks from Colorado could drive over the border and get Pmags at roadside stands like fireworks.

It's called logistics.  That would require flying out of Cheyenne and then trying to move products down I-25 to Denver, or deeper into Wyoming where there is no big cities until you get to Billings, and that's a hike.

Utah, Arizona and Nevada make the most sense, flying out of Salt Lake, Phoenix or Las Vegas, and being able to ship up and down I-15.

Cheyenne doesn't have those options.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's called logistics.  That would require flying out of Cheyenne and then trying to move products down I-25 to Denver, or deeper into Wyoming where there is no big cities until you get to Billings, and that's a hike.

Utah, Arizona and Nevada make the most sense, flying out of Salt Lake, Phoenix or Las Vegas, and being able to ship up and down I-15.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, while moving the production to Cheyenne would be easier, the limited options for transporting their products that didn't involve going through CO is something I didn't think completely through. I'd rather they not need to move, but if it does come to that, and AZ is one of the places they choose, they would be welcomed here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I bet they don't move at all, and get exemptions from the State of Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, while moving the production to Cheyenne would be easier, the limited options for transporting their products that didn't involve going through CO is something I didn't think completely through. I'd rather they not need to move, but if it does come to that, and AZ is one of the places they choose, they would be welcomed here.

Why does this matter ? I don't think its going to be a problem for a  box of mags to be shipped through Colorado.

I've never heard of it being a problem in other ban states.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does this matter ? I don't think its going to be a problem for a  box of mags to be shipped through Colorado.

I've never heard of it being a problem in other ban states.

My, out of the ass, speculation is to minimize any hassle CO may give them in shipping the products through the state. I don't think it's likely that there would be any issues, but who knows

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hope this doesn't happen but it's a possibility.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#26]
IF they move, I'd bet a steel penny it'll be to a bordering state.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#27]
They're gonna move to MO.  I'm gonna quit my job and apply there.  Magpul and I will be BFFLs and I'll have more mags than you guys.  It's going to happen, damn it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope this doesn't happen but it's a possibility.

...and if they do, and stay. I hope everyone calls them on their bluff.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I would move wherever the best Gun Laws and BUSINESS laws are...somewhere that isn't going to tax the shit out of me for a product I make....
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Magpul has comfirmed they are moving despite the bribes exemptions that were thrown at them. Welcome to 1999. Invest in Apple.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Not surprised.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:45:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Kansas would give them the most time before a Nuke strike.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:47:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:04:17 AM EDT
[#35]
My sources tell me NJ is in play.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:32:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't even know how you can say that Chyenne doesn't have logistics. I-80 is one of the few interstates that travels coast to coast. The rail system that is there is impressive. You start to notice these things when you drive a truck.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't even know how you can say that Chyenne doesn't have logistics. I-80 is one of the few interstates that travels coast to coast. The rail system that is there is impressive. You start to notice these things when you drive a truck.

Yeah, Cheyenne could be a very good place.

I was hoping for Michigan though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:36:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Oklahoma differs.

I don't even live there and I see that as a logical choice.

ETA: I'll explain. The state is gun friendly, as red as they get, and. ...  from a shipping logistics standpoint, perfect.  Tulsa is the hub of the nation.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:37:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Kansas would give them the most time before a Nuke strike.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:39:06 AM EDT
[#40]
i dont care where they go so long as they are treated right and keep making lots and lots of sweet products
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:42:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
dibs on magpul
Quoted:

That is all.

FIFY
Nevada is dead and buried.

Phoenix or bust.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:45:14 AM EDT
[#42]
They're moving to California, near San Francisco, My source? I don't have one!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:45:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Meh.....Why should they move?  Every other major manufacturer of guns and/or the widgets for them is HQed in a retard state anyway.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They're moving to California, near San Francisco, My source? I don't have one!

Class of 2007!!

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, it sure looks like the guv in Co is getting ready to sign the mag. bills, so
Magpul has to keep its word and move.

Its going to be a PITA and very expensive, but if they do it, I will be a customer for life.

Fuck Colorado...............
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Washington state welcomes Magpul!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Unless they get big incentives from another state I would think that Wyoming would be the natural choice. It's just up I 25, and there's no state income tax. Lack of state income tax is 1 of the main reasons I considered selling my land in Colorado and buying there. Some people would certainly have to move, the commute would be a little excessive, but they will still be close to all their family and friends. Cheyenne is at the crossroads and I 80 and I 25 ,main railroad lines and it is is home to Warren air force base. is a very pro gun state.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:20:11 AM EDT
[#49]
They are coming to Ohio, because we are round on the ends and hi in the middle. O HI O!

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:21:13 AM EDT
[#50]
No income tax in Washington State!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top