Posted: 3/18/2013 4:11:32 PM EDT
"The fight has officially been brought to my front door. Last night I
was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops
and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me
to open my safe. I’m instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan
Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand
the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs
got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/03/robert-farago/carneys-point-new-jersey-showdown/
I don't know what the fuck is the problem here, the kid has good trigger discipline, oh wait I know he's wearing the dreaded camo, you know the kind all killers wear?

WTF is wrong with NJ?

Never mind don't answer that , it's the reason I left there 7 years ago
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
They are afraid of Pop Tarts eaten to reveal a gun profile.  Images scare them.

They have no idea firearms ARE used without danger by millions daily.  They are innumerate idiots propelled by fear and emotion.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Never mind don't answer that , its the reason I left here 7 years ago

Glad I'll be joining you in a few months.

This shit is the reason I don't post pics with any of my guns in non gun forums.
I cant wait to get out of here again, this state truly sucks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a dupe...but needs to be put out there more and more.

He was on Facebook today as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
What the fuck is a Dyf?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This shit is the reason I don't post pics with any of my guns in non gun forums.

WTF is the justification for them even being allowed to enter a home a request that, especially with no warrant?!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What the fuck is a Dyf?

Dumb young fucker ?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#8]
DYFS = department of youth and family services
State sponsored kid snatchers.  Pretty much unaccountable.
I don't have kids, but I've heard horror stories from those who've dealt with them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What the fuck is a Dyf?

Dept youth and family services?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Needs War paint

I will get a visit because of my sons airsoft facebook pg.

OP, thanks for the tip. Gonna have the wife talk tonight.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is the justification for them even being allowed to enter a home a request that, especially with no warrant?!

Reads like wifely let them in. NJ law states no minor shall be in possession of a firearm unless accompanied by a parent (and some other exceptions).

Combine the above with an antigun mentality of youth services and you get stuff like this.

He did the right thing, but unfortunately he is now on a report at youth services and they will probably do more digging.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck is a Dyf?

Dumb young fucker ?

division of youth and family services

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is Wifey let them in you don't need a warrant to be invited into a house but they couldn't get in safe since she either didn't know how or finally figured something wasn't right. Sounds like he needs to educate the spousal unit.

During my extremely short tenure as a cop I was on foot patrol once I smelled weed outside a house lights were on upsairs knocked on the door no one answered lights magically turned off after seeing a shadow look through blinds at me so I went on with my patrol. But lets say for arguments sake they answered and I talked to them they let me in and I saw a bong and a stack or roaches I wouldn't need a warrant at that point they would of fucked themselves.  Good cops are good at talking to people if your nice a lot of criminals will tell you everything. It's only after they have been through the system a lot that they learn.

A example of that, tow truck company calls, lot has been broken into, the one car they had in it stolen. Contact owner who was supposed to meet drivers at lot to get his car around time it was taken. He plays the what my cars gone oh my someone must of stole it. He let me check his garage to make sure it wasn't in there didn't need a warrant since he gave me permission. Ask him if he wants to report it stolen but state if he is lying false police report on top of defrauding an auto mechanic charge (Plus the fact that anyone caught driving it will have a bad day, stolen car = high risk vehicle stop guns drawn and a loud speaker). He says he wants to report it, my FTO stays with him while I go outside to radio in stolen car info put out a BOLO. Halfway through kid changes mind admits he broke it out and hid it at a grocery store parking lot since he figured we'd be looking for it.

That one has a happy ending though since he was a young kid, clean record I called the tow truck company and worked out a deal, kid paid the fee plus the cost of damages a few bolts that were holding the chain link fence up were missing no damage whatsoever to the fence (they gouged him but stupid games = stupid prizes), oversaw the payment process, the end no charges, and everyone was happy.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This shit is the reason I don't post pics with any of my guns in non gun  any forums.

Fixed it for ya...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I dress my kids in Ninja attire. It gives the appearance of the gun floating in mid-air.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#16]
It's scary but this is where were all headed if we don't continue to fight these assholes. If they can do this for guns they will do it for other things too. Power and Control are their goals and they will not stop.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the constant exodus of jobs and non-scumbags from NJ will eventually completely rot out the state.

then everyone will blame "white racism" and demand a tidal wave of entitlements

the entire tax revenue of the state is presently going to pay interest on debt

aint our government just grand?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#19]
what did you expect  ? you live in a blue state....
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's scary but this is where were all headed if we don't continue to fight these assholes. If they can do this for guns they will do it for other things too. Power and Control are their goals and they will not stop.

You be right, and they are doing it for "other things"!

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I moved out of NJ in 1996 and never looked back.  although I did move to CT so I don't know what that really says about my judgement
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck...EVERYBODY!!!

Try to take my kids and you will regret it in ways unimaginable.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Just another reason to not participate in F-book.

That whole situation is fucked up, but if the pic(s) weren't there then some asshole wouldn't have felt the need to NOTIFY THE PROPER AUTHORITAH!

Sure, you limit F-book to your family and trusted friends. But who do they share every fucking thing with? Yeah, everyone.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top