Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]

The NRA should have "waited longer and tried to be more respectful of
people who disagree with them” Joseph Bartozzi, a senior VP at O.F
Mossberg & Sons, a shotgun and rifle manufacturer based in New
Haven, Connecticut, told Businessweek.

wtf...i guess if chainsaw shotguns and tactical lever guns weren't enough, here's a legit reason for mossberg to foad
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I thought the NRA was supposed to be the mouthpiece for the gun industry. So which is it?

I'm going with Bartozzi is a Fuckhead.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The NRA should have "waited longer and tried to be more respectful of people who disagree with them” Joseph Bartozzi, a senior VP at O.F Mossberg & Sons, a shotgun and rifle manufacturer based in New Haven, Connecticut, told Businessweek.

wtf...i guess if chainsaw shotguns and tactical lever guns weren't enough, here's a legit reason for mossberg to foad

Perhaps this calls for some RECOIL.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Have those who disagree with the NRA ever waited or been respectful? Piss on Mossberg................and Bloomberg

Quoted:

The NRA should have "waited longer and tried to be more respectful of people who disagree with them” Joseph Bartozzi, a senior VP at O.F Mossberg & Sons, a shotgun and rifle manufacturer based in New Haven, Connecticut, told Businessweek.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I've purchased a lot of Mossberg shotguns over the years, but they will never get another nickle from me for so as long as they have their current owners. Unless they come out and sue Bloomberg for libel.

"Graceless," how is what the NRA did "graceless?"  Suggesting armed gaurds in our schools rather than punishing every single American by subverting the Constitution is "graceless?" "Ill timed?"  How many more days were they suppose to wait? I think what you have here are Mossberg's owners afraid they'll be looked down upon by their liberals cocktail party friends.

They're finished. FINISHED. They've poisoned their product and tossed their own company under the bus. What an insane and foolish business move.  If the owners are that fucking dumb to make such a statement like that to Bloomberg media at this point in time than you have to question just how smart they are in producing their products.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Next on my shopping list was a 12-gauge Mossberg JIC.

Will now buy something else instead.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for the hate. Fuck Mossberg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have those who disagree with the NRA ever waited or been respectful?

Just what I was thinking.  NRA members are regularly called murderers, terrorists, and worse.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good, they'll be filing for bankruptcy protection in a year or two now anyways and be unable to ever back it with warranty support.

May as well have come out and called all their consumers "graceless hicks."  Why would a business make such a comment and degrade it's customer base? Gotta be the dumbest thing I've seen so far this year easily.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Well.  So much for Mossberg products in my home from this point forward.  I was actually starting to miss my old 590a1 too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good, they'll be filing for bankruptcy protection in a year or two now anyways and be unable to ever back it with warranty support.

May as well have come out and called all their consumers "graceless hicks."  Why would a business make such a comment and degrade it's customer base? Gotta be the dumbest thing I've seen so far this year easily.

Damn it! I had a Mossberg 30-30 Lever on top of my list.

Scratch that.

Lets see if I and others can make it known to Mossberg that their comments are unacceptable.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, no more Mossberg for me.  I guess they weren't afraid enough to keep their mouths shut.  If they don't like guns, they should get out of the gun business.  FOFM
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Mossberg will not see a penny of my money ever again.

Fear the NRA? No, assholes, fear US...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Feel free to contact Mossberg and let them know what you think of their Senior VP's comments.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Sticky?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Why do these fuckwad gun manufacturers have to open their pie holes.....do they not understand the consequences of what they say.

For fucks sake people...shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Time to unify and boycott Mosseberg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

H&R Pardner Pump Protector is practically a Rem 870 clone for cheaper than a basic Mossberg, and they shoot nice too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Mossberg retard...the NRA is your customer base.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#21]
"The article painted a picture of gun manufacturers cowering in fear of the NRA, afraid to voice their support for President Obama’s proposed gun-control measures. The NRA should have “waited longer and tried to be more respectful of people who disagree with them” Joseph Bartozzi, a senior VP at O.F Mossberg & Sons, a shotgun and rifle manufacturer based in New Haven, Connecticut, told Businessweek."

Tell Mr. Bartozzi that he has just guaranteed that I will never spend a penny on any Mossberg product.

I am not alone. You will hear from the rest of us soon.

Light 'em up!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Feel free to contact Mossberg and let them know what you think of their Senior VP's comments.

Thank you.  I just did.  I have used Mossberg shotguns for 20 years.  I'm done with them.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...............then you have to question just how smart they are in producing their products.  

I think we've all been given a pretty good idea of that over the past couple of years.

Never go Full Mossberg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#25]
My message:

I will never purchase another product of yours until Joseph Bartozzi either leaves Mossberg, or publicly and loudly withdraws his disgraceful remarks quoted in BusinessWeek.  Making statements that support enemies of the industry is the height of irresponsibility, and it blows my mind that someone so clueless managed to become a Senior VP in your organization.

I would fire any of my subordinates who made disparaging remarks against an organization representing a large portion of my customer base, particularly if those remarks are in support of an attempt to destroy the very industry we work in.

Serious change needs to occur, and I sincerely hope you will have many thoughtful conversations about this over the next 10 minutes. (It shouldn't take any longer than that.)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#26]
For you Facebook guys...post on their Facebook page as well.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  I just did.  I have used Mossberg shotguns for 20 years.  I'm done with them.  

I just sent them the following.

I just read about the comments your senior VP Joseph Bartozzi made to Businessweek about the NRA.  He was basically saying the NRA should have just rolled over and have done nothing while law abiding gun owners were being attacked and blamed for everything bad gun related.  I'm a Benefactor Life Member of the NRA, I also own two Mossberg shotguns.  I agree with the NRA standing up and not letting the politicians in Washington get away with blaming law abiding gun owners for the action of one mentally ill young man.

In politics when has "staying quiet towards people who disagree with you" ever accomplished anything?  Unless you have the politics of a doormat and enjoy being walked on, staying quiet is the wrong approach.  

It is sad that someone from Mossberg would publicly bash the NRA, disrespect gun owners, and pretty much side with the Obama administration.  Mossberg used to be a great company but I will not support a company that doesn't support standing up to the politicians in Washington.  I can guarantee you my next shotgun will not be a Mossberg.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Aww, damn it Mossberg
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Are we sure the quote is legit. A liberal writer who works for the most anti gun news organization in the world would never lie or mis-qoute would he???
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are we sure the quote is legit. A liberal writer who works for the most anti gun news organization in the world would never lie or mis-qoute would he???

I'm sure Mossberg will have a response.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The quote was in quotes and referenced as from Businessweek.  Anyone have a Businessweek account and can verify?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Hit.

Fuck Mossberg and their comedy guns anyway, they're fucking bozo magnets.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck Mossberg!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Moss BERG
Bloom BERG...

Coincidence? I think not.

This dickwad from NYC who thinks he was elected Mayor of USA not just NYC, should take his Billions and buy up all the gun manufacturers and convert every gun to accept no more than 2 rounds and see how well he does.
Why not? He wants to save US from us, put your money where your mouth is asshole.

I am so tired of Bloomberg, I can't see straight. Now he wants all the cigarettes taken of the shelves and hidden or put behind curtains. Why stop there? Why not liquor and beer while he is at it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow!  It looks like Mossberg doesn't understand their market at all.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#36]
If that's a true quote then Mossberg management is unbelievably fucking stupid.

I wouldn't want to purchase a firearm from a company like that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck the management of Mossberg. If they move to Texas their shitty attitudes can stay in Connecticut. We'll see how this works out for them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure Mossberg will have a response.

Don't need an account... Here is the full article on Business Week: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-14/why-gun-makers-fear-the-nra

Mossberg needs to fire this dumb VP.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn Fudds. I like my Mossberg. I'd appreciate it if the morons would stop Fudding it up just because they aren't on the ban list. I don't want have to deal with some sort of moral conundrum meltdown over this stupid shit. Being a gun manufacturer in the US means dealing with 2A issues should be a no f'in brainer. I don't expect every manufacturer to be gungho, but for fuck's sake don't do harm to the cause.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Sent them some hate.

Copied from another post and added some...

Good Evening-

I just read about the comments your senior VP Joseph Bartozzi made to Businessweek about the NRA. He was basically saying the NRA should have just rolled over and have done nothing while law abiding gun owners were being attacked and blamed for everything bad gun related. I'm a Life Member of the NRA, and was considering purchasing a Mossberg Shotgun. I agree with the NRA standing up and not letting the politicians in Washington get away with blaming law abiding gun owners for the action of one mentally ill young man.

In politics when has "staying quiet towards people who disagree with you" ever accomplished anything? Unless you have the politics of a doormat and enjoy being walked on, staying quiet is the wrong approach.

It is sad that someone from Mossberg would publicly bash the NRA, disrespect gun owners, and pretty much side with the Obama administration. I will not support a company that doesn't support standing up to the politicians in Washington. I can guarantee you my next shotgun will not be a Mossberg. I will be sure to tell my friends and everyone I come across that Mossberg threw NRA members under the bus.

I would expect for Joseph Bartozzi to issue a public apology and recant the statement, as well as Mossberg to donate a large sum of money to the NRA in order to restore the good faith relationship between it and other gun owners.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Damn Fudds. I like my Mossberg. I'd appreciate it if the morons would stop Fudding it up just because they aren't on the ban list. I don't want have to deal with some sort of moral conundrum meltdown over this stupid shit. Being a gun manufacturer in the US means dealing with 2A issues should be a no f'in brainer. I don't expect every manufacturer to be gungho, but for fuck's sake don't do harm to the cause.

This time.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Hit
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This time.

That is what so many seem to forget.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They sell AR15 style rifles too..

http://www.mossberg.com/product/rifles-autoloading-centerfire-mmr-tactical-semi-automatic-mmr-tactical/65014
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Kinda pissed I just bought a 500 now..
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I just sent them an email voicing my displeasure with their CEO's statements. Told them that I am re-considering my purchase of any more Mossberg products. I told them that their next quarter sales are about to take a big hit because of their CEO's remarks in support of the enemies of the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Kinda pissed I just bought a 500 now..

My shotguns are Remington's but I've toyed with the idea of getting a Cruiser and throw on a folding stock.  Guess that's out
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Doesn't Mossberg make OEM AR barrles for several manufacturers?  I know I've seen Mossberg AR barrels for sale before.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I just went to their webpage and sent them a message that pretty much sums that up.  I won't be doing any business with them for sure and explained why to them.  I won't hold my breath waiting for their reply.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just went to their webpage and sent them a message that pretty much sums that up.  I won't be doing any business with them for sure and explained why to them.  I won't hold my breath waiting for their reply.

Everyone who reads this needs to do that...

And OP needs to make this a FIREMISSION.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top