Quoted:
Nope, that's a yote.

And also a dupe!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That dude will end up eaten
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe that video was made by Arfcom member TargetTarget.

Found it.  http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1302182
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lolol i kind of miss that smartass canadian
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He ain't so bad.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#10]
No way would I play like that with a coyote. At least here in Virginia, any wild animal that isn't scared of you probably has rabies.
I do remember coyotes in Idaho, that would stare you from 25 yards away or so. As soon as you approached them they would run away.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No way would I play like that with a coyote. At least here in Virginia, any wild animal that isn't scared of you probably has rabies.
I do remember coyotes in Idaho, that would stare you from 25 yards away or so. As soon as you approached them they would run away.

This.  The only time I've been that close to a coyote was after I blew half his head off with a .270 WSM.  I would post pics, but Photobucket took them down
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#12]
DRN...dead right now. I live on a river in central Texas, and watched a coyote take down a pretty good size doe in my back yard. They are savage killers, they are fast, and this is how they stay alive...killing things. I watched 3 coyotes take down a doe. One under her neck, two on her back. They usually act in packs. While you are having fun with the one in front of you, several more can be at your back. They will be on your neck in a heart beat. I never go down the river without being armed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I was told that this is a coyote, any thoughts?

She was an apparently orphaned pup that bonded with an ordinary dog on opposite sides of a fence, then came "inside" for regular food, companionship, and affection.    They said her coat has gotten darker over the years.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

She was an apparently orphaned pup that bonded with an ordinary dog on opposite sides of a fence, then came "inside" for regular food, companionship, and affection.    They said her coat has gotten darker over the years.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/xj_pictures/IMG_2280_zps25a4a982.jpg

It sure is colored like one, but the shape of its head resembles more of a domesticated dog.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
That would be known as a shooting opportunity around here.

One day out on the tractor a "coyote" appeared up from some brush, as I drove closer I noticed it had a collar, and as it ran off it had a docked tail. I saw it a few days later. Not seen since then, and no I did not shot the dag.

Where I live you do not want anything that could possibly be mistaken for a coyote.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sure is colored like one, but the shape of its head resembles more of a domesticated dog.

The white around the face and head looks dog and it has shorter hair at least we can see by the hindquarters and tail.  But it does look like a yodel dog.  I've had one sit in my driveway at night as I pulled in and let the car get about 10 feet away before loping off.  Ran down the street through schoolkids on street two days later.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you have anymore pics? I don't think it is pure yote.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I believe your right!

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Has distemper, I remember the particular place in Canada that was recorded had an explosion of the disease.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Has distemper, I remember the particular place in Canada that was recorded had an explosion of the disease.

What's distemper? Never heard of that before. I thought the consensus was that particular coyote was eating out of the trash and became accustomed to humans. It looks like a healthy animal to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's distemper? Never heard of that before. I thought the consensus was that particular coyote was eating out of the trash and became accustomed to humans.

Distemper

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
That is one fat-assed coyote.

At least compared to the ones I've seen in WV and VA.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's distemper? Never heard of that before. I thought the consensus was that particular coyote was eating out of the trash and became accustomed to humans.

Distemper

Correct, and that yote certainly does not have distemper. Many people mistake the name of the disease to mean that it has something to do with the temperament of the animal and that animals with distemper are more aggressive or something along those lines. This animal is perfectly healthy, but has become very accustomed to people and associates them with a food source. Very bad idea for a wild animal, because they loose their natural fear of humans, but should not be mistaken as being domesticated. They're still wild and dangerous and are not looking for affection or a companion, just food.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coyotes and feral dogs do interbreed. So you can get some weird variants.  

As for the video, I watched someone's surveillance tape footage of a cat and coyote meeting up at night on Youtube.  The coyote in that video acted about like this one right up to the point it attacked the cat from about 3' away.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I would have popped that bastard.

He's either been fed from, or off a human before...and his hide would be nice to look at forever.

Could just be retarded.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it was amusing watching him get slapped around every now and then for some of the shit he would pull...lol
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Strong 'yote characteristics, but I don't think it's pure (jmho).

I was stationed at Ft Lewis in the '80s.  Once, during a company FTX in the South Rainier Training Area, I was making a chow run in my jeep.  It was an open M151 and I was driving alone along one of the tank trails.  Along the route, I encountered three coyotes standing on the trail.  I floored the accelerator and they moved out of the way, but as I passed them they started to chase my jeep.  That sorry-ass M151 just wouldn't move fast enough for my comfort; I was cussing loudly at the fact that I had no live ammo for my M16.  I did finally manage to outrun them, but I was left with the knowledge that coyotes can be very aggressive.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Awww what a cutsie woostie!! yes he is! yes he is!! who's a cutsie dawgie?? WHOoo's a cutsie? Him want cuddles!! cuddle wuddle dawgie!! aww!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#29]
They have been venturing down in the parking area of the apartment complex.

Just waiting for an attack like this, but it most likely will not end well for the humans.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Awww what a cutsie woostie!! yes he is! yes he is!! who's a cutsie dawgie?? WHOoo's a cutsie? Him want cuddles!! cuddle wuddle dawgie!! aww!

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#31]
The squeeking sound of the camerman's boots on the snow reminded me of a rabbit distress call used for hunting coyotes.

Could that have been what was attracting that coyote to him maybe???
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I would have maid a pelt out of him in short order.  Are Canuckistanis not smart enough to carry guns or at least weapons while out in the ass end of nowhere?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like a coydog. Occasionally coyotes will breed with wild dogs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:30:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This made me laugh, because I read it in the proper voice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top