Link Posted: 9/24/2002 12:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Weirdo!
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 1:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Star Wars forever!! [whacko]
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't speak klingon to people at the local comicbook shop, but I do like the shows.

I started watching Enterprise, and quite like it.

My favorite Star Trek show was DS9, it was extremely dark and had very little humor in the last season.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
what? no selection for DS9 only?  [:(]

DS9
STTNG
TOS
Voyager
Enterprise
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I like all of them, but I haven't been able to see much of Enterprise.

DS9 is probably the quinessential Star Trek.  As Gabriel said, dark, and not many typical trek "happy endings".

Voyager was a great concept, the characters were perfect, but after the second season they were mishandled badly.  I have a lot of ideas on how I would have scripted their journey.  

For instance, I would have had them home after three or four seasons, and have to deal with the Maquis court-martials, the self-aware EMH and a recovering Borg (Seven), as well as Janeway's disregard for the Prime Directive on several occasions.  That would have been intersting, I think.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
right,  Voyager kinda ended like..

"ok, were in the Alpha Quadrant now."
[the end.]

Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:24:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, since there was no option for the animated series...hell, no.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:47:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I think Voyager should have come home earlier in the last season so they could deal with the Maquis, analysis of borg technology, and other issues left hanging.

Only one gripe of Voyager:  they had a ship that was not designed for long term missions.  Other than having a garden, they had a limited supply of parts and means to fabricate replacements.  They still manage to replace the shuttle craft a couple of times, build a new one, modify the ship's engines and shields in a major way, converted a supply room to stellar cartography, took major damage and repaired it yet they still lived comfortably.  If I wrote the show, the sets would've looked as if they had went through a bunch of changes and appeared to be repaired several times, with the crew constantly concerned about equipment reliability.  The crew would have been a lot more stressed out, and not always thinking clearly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't seen Enterprise at all but I really started getting sick of all the soap opera romances and crap going on that started in TNG and got worse from there.  I kind of gave up on the television series after just a few episodes of Voyager.  I do however see all the Movies on opening night.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes I do. TOS is kinda cheesy now, set/effects/acting. TNG was good and DS9 was my favorite of them all. I never really got into Voyager. I watched every week but never really got into any of the characters. Same with Enterprise so far. I havent really decided if I like it or not. Usually wait for the movies to come out on video before seeing them. I really dont like going to the movied because people are just so freaking rude these days.[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/violent/trek.gif[/IMG]   [img]http://www.smilies.nl/tales/borg3.gif[/img]    
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I own all the Original Series DVDs.

First one was the best!

I can't wait for the Star Wars movies on DVD (whenever that will be).

Av.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#12]
No option for just a plain yes?

Liked all of 'em, but DS9 was my favorite.  Darker, grittier and serious.  And Terry Farrel as Dax for six seasons.  Best Trek ever.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#13]
All of them. I have seen every episode of every Star Trek series. The only exception is DS9. They started jerking us around with the scheduling, and I missed several episodes.

I also missed one of the Enterprise episodes in the first season.

I have probably spent more hours of my life watching Star Trek than...

T-Pal to Spock: "Live long and prosper"
Spock: "I shall do neither for I have killed my Captain"
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I, too, like them all.  However, I haven't watched much of Enterprise because of its scheduling - I keep forgetting that it's on.

DS9 was an excellent series.  I always thought that the guy who played Quark should have won an Emmy.  He was outstanding.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#15]
All except voyager, and ONLY when there are battle scenes or plots, or as long as there is none of that touchy-feely crap.
The final season of DS9 was great.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to watch the original with Capt Kirk ans Spock. That was a good series. Heck I even have a good star trek joke that will make sense if you are familiar with the original sereies; What do you find in Captain Kirks toilet bowl?                                                                                                                                                                                                 [left]The captains log![}:D][/left][left]What does the USS Enterprise have in common with toilet paper?[/left]                                                                                                                                                                                       [left]They both remove Kling-Ons from Ur-Anus!![}:D][/left]                        
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top