User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not getting "rifle" out of this-  
Police referred to the gun as a semi-automatic.

From the article,"Police referred to the gun as a semi-automatic rifle."

I can't link to the facebook page where it was identified as an "assault rifle". I put the words "assault rifle" into quotes so the intelligent among us might be fucking smart enough to discern that they are not my fucking words. Some folks are not only dense, but they can't read where I mentioned 3 times where I got the words from.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't link to the facebook page where it was identified as an "assault rifle". I put the words "assault rifle" into quotes so the intelligent among us might be fucking smart enough to discern that they are not my fucking words. Some folks are not only dense, but they can't read where I mentioned 3 times where I got the words

I've got your back.

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.facebook.com/WKYC.Channel3?ref=ts&fref=ts

scroll down to the story

The Facebook post still says "assault rifle". I don't like the term either, but the story is about some sort of scary looking firearm in the news reporters mind.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't link to the facebook page where it was identified as an "assault rifle". I put the words "assault rifle" into quotes so the intelligent among us might be fucking smart enough to discern that they are not my fucking words. Some folks are not only dense, but they can't read where I mentioned 3 times where I got the words

I've got your back.

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg420/danwest/arnews_zps5e60671e.png

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was posted as an "assault rifle " on channel 3 and 19 in Cleveland.  They have since changed it to semi auto.

Thank you my friend. I think the story changed a couple times since I first read it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does the helicopter ride for a hand injury sound overkill to anyone else?

Went on many similar when I was a flight physician.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't link to the facebook page where it was identified as an "assault rifle". I put the words "assault rifle" into quotes so the intelligent among us might be fucking smart enough to discern that they are not my fucking words. Some folks are not only dense, but they can't read where I mentioned 3 times where I got the words from.

Just who the fuck do you think you are?  My post was the fifth one in the thread and I copy/pasted those words DIRECTLY from the link you provided BEFORE any mention of Facebook.  So why don't you and that horse you rode in on go do that thing you're famous for.  Rude doesn't even begin to cover the lame-ass shit you just pulled.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ETA: The words "assault rifle" do not appear anywhere in that linked article.

Story said  
Police referred to the gun as a semi-automatic rifle.
also
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just who the fuck do you think you are?  My post was the fifth one in the thread and I copy/pasted those words DIRECTLY from the link you provided BEFORE any mention of Facebook.  So why don't you and that horse you rode in on go do that thing you're famous for.  Rude doesn't even begin to cover the lame-ass shit you just pulled.  

Not all this post was directed you so take a pill and relax.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice edit.  Then why did you use my post in the quote? That ANY of your rude post was directed at me brings your character into question.  Other people saw and remarked on the exact same thing in the body of the article before they modified it.  You felt like you were being attacked and used me as your convenient scapegoat.  When called on it you didn't even have the moral fiber to apologize and instead wrote that lovely bullshit you mostly edited out. Hopefully, a future generation is not being directly exposed to your stellar lack of character.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Good to see the shitbag has assumed room temperature.  Cops 1 Nutjob 0
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice edit.  Then why did you use my post in the quote? That ANY of your rude post was directed at me brings your character into question.  Other people saw and remarked on the exact same thing in the body of the article before they modified it.  You felt like you were being attacked and used me as your convenient scapegoat.  When called on it you didn't even have the moral fiber to apologize and instead wrote that lovely bullshit you mostly edited out. Hopefully, a future generation is not being directly exposed to your stellar lack of character.

You do know this is just the internet.....right?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No. Life, limb, eyesight are all good reasons for transport by air.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In addition, we don't even know if they have advanced life support ambulances there, they might be a rural service that depends on volunteer EMT-Basics.  As a medic, I know two things, I want to go to a hospital that specializes in hands, and I want to get there fast.

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Snip
Quoted:

You do know this is just the internet.....right?

Yeah, you're right.  It's still hard to tolerate a rude man hiding in his anonymity.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine a 5.56 round through the hand would cause a lot of bleeding.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Witness said the 1st shots were small pops, then heavier bangs or something to that effect. I'm going to take a guess, see if I'm right tomorrow, .22 like a Ruger 10/22 . If cops 9mm sounded louder and heavier.
Just my prognostication.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I quoted Jokers post. Why isn't he wetting his pants and all upset? Please feel free to quote anywhere I personally insulted you the way you have me several times and use the report button.  I didn't call you out by name or question your character. I posted on an open board for all to see, using the word "fuck" to get across my mild annoyance. You very rudely jump down my throat reading a post directed at all posters. You need to calm down because your anger shows your character clearly. Are you going to threaten to beat me up now?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC -1 of the reporters in the video link stated "semi-automatic rifle"
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#22]
It was likely directed at me, but only a newb would even put that shit in the title. Considering the climate, how many fucking libtards do you think will now link your post and say "See they even call them Assault Rifle on AR15.COM"? We need to be a little more intelligent before we slather off on the keyboard.

Posting such an inflammatory headline can and will bring people that don't share the knowledge of what is and what isn't a semi automatic rifle AKA Assault Rifle. The simple fact that the media has since changed the title, but you still haven't, paints you as either lacking intellect regarding this subject matter, or you just don't give a fuck and could care less. You choose which one you are. I think we need to stop posting such dramatic headlines when these shootings occur. We don't need the microscope shoved any further up our collective asses. My 2 cents, take it as you will.

Yes, I am new to this site, but certainly not new to the fight or the subject matter. The OP posted a dramatic headline, a rookie move in order to increase his post count or to become infamous amongst those that are regarded highly here. I don't share his love of sparkles and shiny things.

story

Crap....we drove through there 30 mins before that.

WOW dude, you were like almost in the blast radius. Like totally, we could have caught some frag or somethin.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It was likely directed at me, but only a newb would even put that shit in the title. Considering the climate, how many fucking libtards do you think will now link your post and say "See they even call them Assault Rifle on AR15.COM"? We need to be a little more intelligent before we slather off on the keyboard.

Posting such an inflammatory headline can and will bring people that don't share the knowledge of what is and what isn't a semi automatic rifle AKA Assault Rifle. The simple fact that the media has since changed the title, but you still haven't, paints you as either lacking intellect regarding this subject matter, or you just don't give a fuck and could care less. You choose which one you are. I think we need to stop posting such dramatic headlines when these shootings occur. We don't need the microscope shoved any further up our collective asses. My 2 cents, take it as you will.

Yes, I am new to this site, but certainly not new to the fight or the subject matter. The OP posted a dramatic headline, a rookie move in order to increase his post count or to become infamous amongst those that are regarded highly here. I don't share his love of sparkles and shiny things.

I have over 20,000 posts. Did you bother to read the rest of the thread? You ever think for a minute why the words "assault rifle" is in quotes? They were never my words. Do you understand what quotation marks are for?

ETA: Shootings are very rare in this area. Rolling up on that situation in a car full up with my family would have been very bad. You can't related to that, newb?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Yep, I'm sure you all would have jumped out of the van armed with Mosin's equipped with red dot sights and a compensator.

20,000 posts don't mean much in the realm of common sense, it just means you spend a large portion of time on the computer.

This is not an affront to those that spend a lot of time on a computer, or those that contribute, or in the course of ones voluntary duties.

A title change would have been suitable so it doesn't trigger happy spasms to any left wing gun grabber every time they find it on their search engine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yep, I'm sure you all would have jumped out of the van armed with Mosin's equipped with red dot sights and a compensator.

20,000 posts don't mean much in the realm of common sense, it just means you spend a large portion of time on the computer.

This is not an affront to those that spend a lot of time on a computer, or those that contribute, or in the course of ones voluntary duties.

A title change would have been suitable so it doesn't trigger happy spasms to any left wing gun grabber every time they find it on their search engine.

Happy spasms that the guy holding the EBR got killed by cops with pistols? He should have been able to kill hundreds of cops with that death machine. Doesn't fit the narrative. Google quotation marks...
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

story

Crap....we drove through there 30 mins before that.

WOW dude, you were like almost in the blast radius. Like totally, we could have caught some frag or somethin.

Want to see pics of my assault rifle? I recently built this assault rifle. Grow the fuck up. Who cares what someone links back to? I see nothing wrong with the posts made by the op. You on the other hand...
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Police referred to the gun as a semi-automatic rifle"

Thats is what they wrote
But what is mistaken is police never referred to it as an assault rifle in that story

OP is misleading

I'm actually surprised that the artice said that, and not something like super assault high capacity baby killing death machine-o-matical gun
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:42:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Here is hope for a fast recovery for the leo's
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Police referred to the gun as a semi-automatic rifle"

Thats is what they wrote
But what is mistaken is police never referred to it as an assault rifle in that story

OP is misleading

The news outfit edited the article pretty quickly. It did say assault rifle when the link was first posted. When I read it I was thinking - here we go!
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I just saw a letter from the Sheriff. An SKS was used. The female officer got hit in the hand and leg. Details later.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#31]
God damn Lake county assholes. Stay out of my AO. We don't take kindly to panda bears, 'round here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
God damn Lake county assholes. Stay out of my AO. We don't take kindly to panda bears, 'round here.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oops.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Going to need more info on this one.  I don't know a lot of people that drive around with a loaded rifle in the front seat obviously looking for trouble.

lmao, wow attitudes are different only a few states away.

we call that "normal"
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oops.  

http://youtu.be/Rn07B15U1gk

This is the kind of Lake County panda bear shit I'm talking about.

Fuckin' Panda Bears.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Does the Amish Mafia use assault rifles?

Speedy recovery for the LEO's....
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Per Cleveland Plain Dealer:  The man was identified late Monday morning as James L. Gilkerson, 42, of Andrews Road in Mentor-on-the-Lake

Mentor on the Lake...figures.

Cleveland Plain Dealer Article

Mmm hmm.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Going to need more info on this one.  I don't know a lot of people that drive around with a loaded rifle in the front seat obviously looking for trouble.

lmao, wow attitudes are different only a few states away.

we call that "normal"

Would not say I'm looking for trouble, but there is always a rifle on the seat.  Lately, it's been a .44 mag Marlin.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I agree that the OP should take "assault rifle" out of the title.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"assault rifle" was on the Facebook post of the tv station.

WKYC in Cleveland.

WKYC is short for We Keep You Confused, so no surprise there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Does this mean Geauga county is now only the second best county in the nation to raise a family?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Per Cleveland Plain Dealer:  The man was identified late Monday morning as James L. Gilkerson, 42, of Andrews Road in Mentor-on-the-Lake

Mentor on the Lake...figures.

Cleveland Plain Dealer Article

Mmm hmm.  

I'm surprised they weren't bringing the pain....sville.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#47]
This happened right around the corner from my house.I'd just been thru the intersection near where it happened maybe 30mins before.Went down to get a gal of milk and had been back maybe 15mins when we heard the gunshots.Some were definitely rifle shots.

Been following this pretty closely since it happened and the media has mentioned "semi-auto gun" and "semi-auto rifle"

The female ofcr was the one shot in the hand and was lifelited,I understand her hand was pretty mangled.The other ofcr was described as having been hit with either bullet "fragments" or "glass fragments".

Routine traffic stop.Before the LE had even exited the vehicle the suspect exited his vehicle and opened fire.The ofcrs did a great job coming from behind the curve and leaving that pos DRT.

Next time you're just running out for a minute to grab a gal. of milk or a pack of cigs.and think Aw,I'll just leave my firearm at home.Don't!!!!!!!!!!
Really hit home for me how shit hits the fan quick.I keep thinking if I'd left home just a few minutes later I'd have been right there and this would have been happening right in front of me.    CY6
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What's going on in Geauga Co.?  I lived in Montville for a while in the '90's and worked in Middlefield.  It was a great quintessential small farming community.  In the past year you have had T.J. Lane, a cop shot and killed a guy with a knife in Chardon and now this?  I hope it's not Ashtabula County folks flowing into your area.  I always liked it there, just have deeper roots next door.

We like to party.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blah blah blah.. Go wash the sand out....
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top