Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2002 12:39:12 PM EDT
Because the National Forests in North Carolina are under the jurdisdiction of the game department and classified as game lands it's illegal to carry any gun outside the hunting seasons on NF land except for certain .22 rimfire handguns.

I think I might suggest a change in law at the wildlife meetings this winter to allow CCW holders to carry ANY handgun on their persons.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
 You may well draw attention to a non-existent 'problem'. Nobody hassles you 'looking for guns' on NF lands now.[Cruising a clear-cut at night with a spotlight from your SUV will elicit a different response!]
 I've never seen nor heard a ranger ask about guns where I kayak regularily in NC in a NF[And,yes, I'm basically always armed]. Never even felt an uncontrollable urge to poach a bambi eating by the tent!
 Further, those that keep their own counsel and accept individual responsibility are adhering to their dictates already-whatever the 'law' may read. Ghost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top