Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2002 4:09:28 AM EDT
Got this alert this morning...

LA City Proposal to ban .50 BMG

Fifty Caliber Shooters Policy Institute working for you!  

Dear Duncan,

FCSPI wants to notify everyone who live in CA that the city of Los
Angeles is moving ahead to ban the .50 BMG in the city of Los Angeles by ordinance. A proposal (motion) has already been sent to the city
attorney asking him to draft an ordinance within 15 days to meet these
needs. The proposal was signed by 7 members of the Los Angeles city
council and was submitted by councilman Mark Ridley-Thomas.

The motion was a draft from right out of the latest diatribe by the
Violence Policy Center (VPC) in Washington, DC. This is the same group we had to fight in Sacramento, CA earlier this year on the same issue.

My assessment of the situation in Los Angeles is that it has the
earmarks of a "done deal" and that it was 'slammed' through the council
without the benefit of a hearing or discussion. More of the same kind of
cheap politics we continue to see from the anti-gun politicians in CA.

FCSPI is working closely with NRA and CRPA on the issue, but we are now behind the power curve to stop this thing. As usual we were not given any kind of opportunity to bring this up in a forum for a legitimate discussion.

At this time, this information is just to make you all aware of what is happening. The long term significance cannot be underestimated. What we are seeing here are the liberal Democrats who are already predicting a landslide election in CA in November starting to gear up to accomplish their agenda next year. I cannot tell you in strong enough terms how concerned we should be if we don't make an effort to win in November.

We will post more info when we have it. We thank everyone for the support they have shown.

John Burtt
FCSPI

Email Alert

Check The FCSPI Web Page For More Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 FCSPI
PO Box 8499
Moreno Valley, CA 92552-8499
  Phone: (909) 653-5447
Fax: (909) 653-8807
Web site: [url]http://www.fcspi.org[/url]
E-mail: [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
it's gonna suck the big one if .50 cal gets banned.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
What's wrong with that? Everyone knows that every crip and blood has a Barrett B82A1! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#3]
And you sound surprised..All the hype about 50's lately we know what the next target is. I hope to have one before it reaches me. Then I hope they allow me to keep it. I have a funny feeling the NRA is not going to do squat about this. Armalite and Barret here I come.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a funny feeling the NRA is not going to do squat about this.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a bunch of crazed ignorant monkey shit pack of no good hypocritacal mutha fvckers.  How many gaddamed crimes are they going to prevent by banning .50s, gimme a freaking break!!![50]  I cannot [b]EVER[/B] remember hearing about a crime in which a .50 was used.  This will have zero impact on anything but yanking the rug out from under us and turning law abiding citizens into common criminals.  Why don't they go back to doing something usefull over there like chipping that whole state off of the rest of the continent and letting it fall into the Pacific![soapbox]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top