Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2002 12:30:53 AM EDT
Is Carhart clothing anti-gun?
Just wondering, the wife wants to spend some money on me and I don't want to add to the anti-gunners pocketbook ala Levis.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the answer, definitively.  Since (at least here in Texas) 90% of their sales is to farmers, hunters and "hicks" they would be cutting thier own throats if they were anti.

TS [X]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think that they are because, until about a year ago, they sold camo hunting clothes.  Their website said something like "we decided to get out of camouflage clothes to concentrate on clothing for the American worker."  That's probably marketing-speak for "it's just too competitive."
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope they're not anti-gun. I wear their pants everyday to work. I wear their coats, jackets, overalls, and hooded sweatshirts. I even have some of their shorts. Comfortable and tough clothing. Plus, it's made in the USA. That's worth something right there. It would be nice to know, however.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hope they're not anti-gun. I wear their pants everyday to work. I wear their coats, jackets, overalls, and hooded sweatshirts. I even have some of their shorts. Comfortable and tough clothing. Plus, it's made in the USA. That's worth something right there. It would be nice to know, however.
View Quote

[b]Ditto[/b]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a Carhart.com??
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top