Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2002 2:51:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
you helped me with the Ham, so i'll help you with the computer. ;-)

IT's kind of like telling someone how to program an odd offset for a repeater in their Kenwood. you just kind of poke around till you get it. But i'll try my best...

When you first start the computer, there should be a prompt that says "press F? to enter setup". it usually F2, but some computers are different. From there, there will be a series of screens. You'll want to nose around and go to the one that says Bios or Chipset configuration. there should be a menu that says USB and it will either say Enabled or Disabled. Kick it to Enabled. Follow the instructions to Save and Exit(usually F11). And you should be good to go. IF you'd like, i could even give you a phone call and walk you through it. BIOS's can be tricky sometimes.  Gimme a holler if you need more help!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello,

When the machine boots you immediately press "Delete" or "F2" (whichever it says on the screen to enter setup.  Once in the BIOS or setup screen look for Peripherals and it will have some USB features.  Usually safe to go through all of the screens to see if there is any more USB stuff like mouse keyboard support etc.  If you don't plan on using any USB devices you do not have to turn on the USB functionality.

What OS did you put on?

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
some systems have you press "delete" to get into the bios

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top