Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2002 11:14:59 AM EDT
We live about 15 miles south of MCB Quantico.  A couple of nights ago, I heard and felt some large explosions.  I went out on the porch and could hear and feel them even better.  Fairly regular, they went on for well over an hour.  They were the distinct BOOM-BA-BAH of outgoing mail.  Big stuff too...probably 155mm or maybe 8" howitzers.  Might have been A/C bombs…but I’m thinking big bore arty.  Whatever…it was a SWEET sound!

Made my heart swell with pride knowing those Jarheads were up there at Quantico training to whack Saddam and the rest of those ass-clowns.  My hat’s off to those mud Marines.

[marines]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#1]
whoooooo aaahhh!   GO MARINES!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
big guns are cool, assclowns aren't.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Related topic:  There was a segment on "Mail Call" on the History Channel that showed Marines firing artillery and how they aim, load, etc.  Very cool. Wish it was a one hour segment.  Great show and very entertaining.

[marines]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe a cool sound but them rounds gotta come in SOMEWHERE [shock]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe a cool sound but them rounds gotta come in SOMEWHERE [shock]
View Quote

Yea...but as long as it's THERE and not HERE, I'm not worried.  [;D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Wasn't "Boom ba ba boom! Boom ba ba boom!" also the sounds that the Elk club were saying in the movie Stand By Me? The scene where lardass was walking up to the stage. Anyone remember that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top