Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2002 11:13:27 AM EDT
My webtv is down, and i'm forced to learn this damn computer...
All my contact info is stuck in the webtv...

Anyone have the phone number to BATF's NFA branch ?

I sent in my paperwork June 19th, and my check was cashed on June 24th.
The 90 days is about up, and my patience is running out...

I just wanna start calling to pester them.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#1]
202-927-8330

good luck

the last time I called the guy was a jerk.  Don't call betweek 10-11am.  I think that is the jerks slot to answer the phone.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No, he's answered me at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and just about any other time I've called.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys !

I knew it would be faster to ask here, than to dig through piles of paperwork here at home.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks guys !

I knew it would be faster to ask here, than to dig through piles of paperwork here at home.[:D]
View Quote

Ain't that the truth. Gotta' love this place. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Called BATF today...

Woman said Gun & Silencer are "Pending July 17th"

What the hell does that mean ?

I talked to my C3 dealer last night, and he said he's got about a dozen or so guys still waiting from that timeframe...

He also said he just got a form 4 back for a silencer and it only took 4 weeks start to finish...

Seems there's no method to ATF's madness...
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Pending means that they've started processing it.

Now, you're waiting for "Approved".

As you say, there is no method to ATF's madness.  My M16 was approved during the tail end of the Anthrax BS.  My buddy's MP5 was submitted a month before my M16 was and still isn't approved.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The standard response is 90 from when it went pending. I think they have been running a little sooner than that. Mine went pending June 20th and it was approved August 22nd and I picked it up 9/11. I'm not sure when it got to my dealer. The nitwits lost my number and didn't call.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, he's answered me at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and just about any other time I've called.
View Quote

You guys get a MAN to answer the phone?  Hell, I always get a woman.  And of course they always act like I'm a big 'bother,'  After all, who am I to make them move their flabby arm all the way over to the phone and do their job???

BTW, does BATF hire any white people?

Not a complaint, just an observation...
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You guys get a MAN to answer the phone?  Hell, I always get a woman.  And of course they always act like I'm a big 'bother,'  After all, who am I to make them move their flabby arm all the way over to the phone and do their job???

BTW, does BATF hire any white people?

Not a complaint, just an observation...
View Quote

I observed the same thing...
Sounded like I was talking to Aunt Jamima...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top