Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2002 12:29:29 PM EDT
In regards to my previous thread, "Why rich bastards and reloading don't mix", I now have about 700 rounds of resized primed brass. What would be the easiest way to remove the case lube? Tumbling would be out of the question due to the possibility of media getting stuck in the flash holes. I was thinking of maybe some type of spray cleaner followed by wiping down with paper towels, but most cleaners contain ammonia and I am not sure what sprays would be primer and powder friendly if it gets into the case.

What are your suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Geez man.  Use a towel.

Works for your girfriend problems too!  [;)]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if you're rich you can probably hire an illegal alien to wipe down the brass for you. [rolleyes]

Another thought, if you're a CEO just throw the brass away and use it as a tax write off against your options.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope your going to make that sucker pay,[;)],one way or the other.Hell,if you were making right my wrong the least I would do is let you borrow my gf.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Imbroglio,

I think you should just box up all that primed brass and send it off to Computerguy. It will give him something to do to take his mind off the rabbit, and possibly lend a little job security to the folks at ER.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Just finish loading them, and place loaded rounds in tumbler for about 20 minutes with some corncob.  Should remove any case lube and unless your tumbler is big and has the logo "Kenmore" stamped across it, should be perfectly safe.

This is how I remove the case lube from my freshly loaded rounds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just finish loading them, and place loaded rounds in tumbler for about 20 minutes with some corncob.  Should remove any case lube and unless your tumbler is big and has the logo "Kenmore" stamped across it, should be perfectly safe.

This is how I remove the case lube from my freshly loaded rounds.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Carve little corks to fit the case mouths. Install all the corks and fill your bathtub with isopropyl. Soak and drain....I would polish each one with Brasso before reloading so they will look real pretty for the JERK when you give them back to him.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top