Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2002 6:46:54 AM EDT
Thanks for any help- we have a user who is running "Rbase" old Dos database and would like to run on new PC.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Here at work I am running the District DOS based financial program on both XP Pro and Win2K workstations.

It's a pretty complex program, and neither OS chokes on it.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]
how do your installations go?  alot of manual config or pretty straight forward?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It took some tweaking of the memory settings for the progam before it would work. I also had to resetup the network (Novell) printers so they were mapped to an LPT port.

Otherwise it was pretty simple.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Rbase should run on either (Damn, that brings back memories, I made a lot of money writing code in the pseudo-SQL query language Rbase uses).

XP is better, though because the DOS compatability mode has been enhanced and can be configured in more detail than earlier NT operating systems.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top