Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2013 5:40:04 PM EDT
So I filled out one of those websites that contacts all your representatives about the gun control issue.

Living in California as I do, that means it falls on the deaf ears of Diane Feinstein, poster woman for term limits.
She did however reply w/ a form letter of her very own. Here is her reply.

Dear Mr. [Redacted]:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation.  I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.  

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life.  From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings.  I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available.  These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.  

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings.  Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms, District of Columbia v. Heller, the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited.  That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision.   I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.  

Once again, thank you for your letter.  Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues.  If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Any everybody here said that Heller was the greatest thing to happen in about two millenia.

Now that witch is beating us over the head with it.  And who wants to guess how Roberts will vote this time?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't the 1966 shooting rampage done with a bolt action deer rifle?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Any everybody here said that Heller was the greatest thing to happen in about two millenia.

Now that witch is beating us over the head with it.  And who wants to guess how Roberts will vote this time?

I'm not a legal beagle but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of language in Heller that we can use to beat her over the head as well.

No matter, it's a "landmark" decision that DC has been damn near ignoring since it happened.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tell that bitch to go to hell.

+100000000
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope that CoC and CoCs all over her CoC
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I got the exact same email yesterday. I'm guessing they did a mass one
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

None of you dumbasses know?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
FUCK YOU Fienswine
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, It's not about fucking guns.

It's about fucking control.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Stroke out already you stupid fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

STFU!!!!! You and your miserable facts and truth and.........

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whitman carried a duffle bag full of guns up to the observation deck of the tower. A couple of bolt actions, a Garand, an M-1 carbine amongst others. He'd been rated an expert marksman in the Marines.

He made most of the kill shots in the first few minutes. Watch the footage for the amount of return fire that pretty much kept his head down after that. 90% of it was from guys that grabbed their deer rifles from their cars and trucks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#16]
That letter could have been reduced to "Fuck you" and they wouldn't have wasted so many words.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, but one preceeds the other
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Dear Mr. [Redacted]:
Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country.....

No they are not. Gun violence has been steadily been dropping over the last 30-40 years.

Just flop over and die already you evil manipulative cunt.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Basically it seems she is saying We Disagree so F*** you in the most polite political way she can...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not me.
Heller is just more incorporation - the road to ruin.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do believe he was looking for

"Sir, from pretty far sir. He was in that book depository building"

FMJ ftmfw

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do believe he was looking for

"Sir, from pretty far sir. He was in that book depository building"

FMJ ftmfw

You mean:
Sir, he was that guy who shot all of those people from the tower in Austin, Texas, sir!

I've seen it a couple times
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

His first shots were with semi-auto shotgun he had cut down the barrel to 16inches and also cut off the stock so that it was probably around 8-10in LOP, just prior to positioning himself in the tower.
Other weapons were Remington 700 6mm bolt-action hunting rifle, a .35 caliber pump rifle, a .30 caliber carbine, a 9mm Luger pistol, a Galesi-Brescia .25-caliber pistol and a Smith & Wesson M19 .357.
Considering both the bolt and pump rifles had scopes I suspect the carbine was only for use when the others were out of ammo or if rushed by large number of cops.  This is still a terrible scenario for cops to face. Now consider all the cops across the country who only have their service pistols and whatever access to their own weapons purchased without Dept. aid.  Most of the Sheriff's depts all the way through the 90's only supplied their squads with shotguns.  The local one only supplied shotguns with shot, no slugs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep. Got the same letter.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Well she is supposed to represent you her opinion doesnt mater.Only what the people in your district want. VOTE THE CUNT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top