Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/16/2013 2:16:34 PM EDT
Midway just announced the following:

Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition.  Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.

On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,
Eric Ellingson
Contact Center Supervisor
MidwayUSA
NRA Endowment Member

Just curious, how many believe that major manufacturers of firearms and magazines like Glock will follow suit and block sales to LEO customers in anti-2A states?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought Glock was a foreign company.. doubt they really care as long as sales are up
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock makes tons of money off of selling to police. It's their advertising.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought Glock was a foreign company.. doubt they really care as long as sales are up

GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
U.S.A.
Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

"It's important for us at GLOCK, Inc. to recognize the commitment the millions of NRA members and thousands of certified NRA firearms instructors who are continually protecting our Second Amendment rights and freedoms," stated GLOCK Vice President, Josh Dorsey.

But cash talks and the 2A walks?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
U.S.A.
Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

"It's important for us at GLOCK, Inc. to recognize the commitment the millions of NRA members and thousands of certified NRA firearms instructors who are continually protecting our Second Amendment rights and freedoms," stated GLOCK Vice President, Josh Dorsey.

Glock
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the pistol. For other uses, see Glock (disambiguation).
Glock

The Glock pistol, sometimes referred to by the manufacturer as Glock "Safe Action" Pistol, is a series of semi-automatic pistols designed and produced by Glock Ges.m.b.H., located in Deutsch-Wagram, Austria.

ETA hmm on your quote though.. lets see if they walk the talk
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Barrett
Larue

Cheaper Than Dirt

Midway

Who's next?

It would be fucking stellar if this trend caught on industry wide.

The political elite getting pressure from LE agencies unable to easily resupply based on their irresponsible legislating would be a clusterfuck of tremendous proportions and soooo fun to watch.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
No. They are an Austrian company. They don't care. They will sell to LE and military overseas if anything happens here.
And they will find a distributor to sell to LE stateside if they need to. A distributor will do it to make money. Bet your bottom dollar on it. Some of the companies that say they won't sell to a certain state? If the LE in that state want that particular firearm, they will go to a distributor to get it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
The big companies like Sig, Glock, and S&W all lack the testicular fortitude to follow suit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
All the big boys in the industry probably don't have the balls.Way too much money to be made anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be nice if they did.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Absolutely not
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Absolutely not

What reason? Money? or What's your opinion?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Too many dollars involved for the really big boys to jump on the band wagon. We can wish, but it's not gonna happen.

Glock in particular sells to the LE/Mil of countries who have much stricter gun-control than anything our individual states could muster.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#15]
No way in hell. I don't know what percentage of their firearm sales are to LEO but I am sure it is too significant to throw away.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Glock makes tons of money off of selling to police. It's their advertising.

This

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#17]
i highly doubt it.  glock seems to be one of those companies that cares a lot more about mil and leo contracts than they do civy sales.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Then its time for a campaign to the major manufacturers, and a boycott by the ahem, "Civilians" in this country.

Seems to me we far outnumber the popo, and probably buy a hell of alot more guns.......
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Not a snowball's chance in hell.  It's all about $$.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Now if only companies were like this with the military and LE in regards to select fire and can as well then there'd be no more tax stamps or anything
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely not

Millions and millions of dollars in losses. They do way too much business with the LEO community.

Much respect to companies like Midway and LaRue that are taking a stand though. I as a normal, lowly citizen appreciate it more than I could ever express.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is they have contracts with gov and LEO agencies and they cannot just break them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No. They are an Austrian company. They don't care. They will sell to LE and military overseas if anything happens here.
And they will find a distributor to sell to LE stateside if they need to. A distributor will do it to make money. Bet your bottom dollar on it. Some of the companies that say they won't sell to a certain state? If the LE in that state want that particular firearm, they will go to a distributor to get it.

True.

BUT, if distributors started doing this a lot, the remaining distributors that were willing to sell would realize their competition was slimming, and could start charging higher prices.  Raise the cost of doing business on the New York PDs and the message will still be delivered by the basic laws of economics.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Do they generate more sales from civilians or LEO and state contracts ?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope they all do.

It would serve them right.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Glock, S&W, and the other large firearm manufacturers will not stop sales.

They may engineer new mags for the ban states to comply with round limits.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Guns Save Life is joining with Grass Roots North Carolina in calling for all American gun owners to pressure Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson and Glock to shut off sales to government agencies in New York State.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Good on Midway.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Glock, S&W, and the other large firearm manufacturers will not stop sales.

They may engineer new mags for the ban states to comply with round limits.

They absolutely will. New market to generate revenue from.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Should start a letter writing and e-mail campaign tonight. Tell them to show your colors, the line has been drawn. If they will, I will buy two of the damn things and I personally don't care for them at all at present. They have a lot to lose with us too, 2 sides to this coin.
I am gonna send e-mails to Remington, Sig, and S&W also..
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely not

Money, pure and simple.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Gaston aint from around here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Glock would be stupid to think that they rely on law enforcement sales to make a living. I hope glock and others follow the lead.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#34]

NO-NO-NO and NO.

They will probably start right around the time HK does...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Guns Save Life is joining with Grass Roots North Carolina in calling for all American gun owners to pressure Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson and Glock to shut off sales to government agencies in New York State.

No rifle contracts from Colt? Hmm.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely not
Money, pure and simple.  
And would appear to be taking sides in American politics. The Euro's will want to appear neutral.

Plus, money talks & BS walks.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am somewhat conflicted about firearms companies shutting down sales to LEOs. Not all police are bad people. They need and deserve quality gear. If they can't get a quality firearm they'll wind up with some POS and it won't be reliable. It could cost good men their lives. What's happening in our country right now is reprehensible, but we can't blame the LEOs out there right now just doing their job or hold them accountable or responsible. We'd all like to think shutting them out like this could make politicians rethink their assault on our rights, but it won't. They don't give a shit. And these firearms manufacturers don't either. They're in business to make money, they have contracts with these agencies. Obviously they don't want to lose their civilian customer base but if a day ever comes that guns can no longer be sold to civilians then LEO will be the only market they have left. They won't burn their last bridge, and I don't think any of them will go all in like that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#38]
They won't.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Unfortunately they won't.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Would be nice, but you know they can give two shits about us.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am somewhat conflicted about firearms companies shutting down sales to LEOs. Not all police are bad people. They need and deserve quality gear. If they can't get a quality firearm they'll wind up with some POS and it won't be reliable. It could cost good men their lives. What's happening in our country right now is reprehensible, but we can't blame the LEOs out there right now just doing their job or hold them accountable or responsible. We'd all like to think shutting them out like this could make politicians rethink their assault on our rights, but it won't. They don't give a shit. And these firearms manufacturers don't either. They're in business to make money, they have contracts with these agencies. Obviously they don't want to lose their civilian customer base but if a day ever comes that guns can no longer be sold to civilians then LEO will be the only market they have left. They won't burn their last bridge, and I don't think any of them will go all in like that.

What about civilians?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I sure hope so, switching to a new department soon that issues them and I dont want to carry one
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No domestic government agent deserves to be better armed than the people who pay his salary. When they all agree never to enforce disarmament laws, the problem will disappear.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am somewhat conflicted about firearms companies shutting down sales to LEOs. Not all police are bad people. They need and deserve quality gear.

I'm not conflicted at all, not one bit. Those LE agencies eventually become the tool of that opressive Gov.   ETA: History has proven this.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope so but I doubt it.

This

That

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't think any publicly traded company will join.  Mutual funds are doing well with gun companies.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Why not ask the ammo manufacturers with multi-million .gov contracts the same question?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#48]
No way.  Too much money to be made.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No domestic government agent deserves to be better armed than the people who pay his salary. When they all agree never to enforce disarmament laws, the problem will disappear.

I agree. But Glock 17s for example aren't banned from civilian ownership anywhere in America, they just can't hold as many rounds everywhere. How many agencies out there use this same firearm? I'm not trying to stir up a GD shitstorm with that comment or be controversial, but if you were a LEO or one of your family members were, you wouldn't want them out there dealing with the scum of the universe with a POS handgun while the criminals they were up against who don't give a shit about gun laws are probably using something better. Like a Glock for example.

It's all moot anyhow, they're never going to suspend sales to LEOs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top