Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 3:28:11 PM EDT
So it seems the LAPD may not pay the reward afterall. The wording for the reward states something like "information leading to the capture and conviction". Obviously he was neither captured or convicted. Maybe burning him was the cheapest way to go?

Tinfoil hat time
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They didnt want him alive after they surrounded him the house was on the ground within 2 hours. Looked like Waco.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
They should give it to the owners of the house they burned down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I would disagree and say he was ID'd - by the Dental forensics.  He was apprehended and placed in a body bag.  He was convicted - just as if he got a lethal injection.

That hostage called LE and gave them Dorner's location - how the LE ID'd/apprehended/convicted was their choice.  Frankly, I think they used the "easy" button - but it accomplished the goal.

The hostage who risked her life should receive the promised reward.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It should be this easy. But we're talking about the LAPD. Not sure, but is the city of LA financially strapped? If so, I could see them looking for any excuse to not pay the reward.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh it will get paid....2 women who got shot, One guy who was rammed and shot at
and one cabin owner who lost his cabin    
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Like they have the budget....it's California. Come on.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Will not get paid. They never intended to pay. All a show for the masses.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
If they don't pay it don't look for anyone to help them in the future when the next nut goes on a shooting spree
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#10]
If they don't pay out, they'll just screw themselves when the next Dorner that turns up. The citizens will know they're full of shit and wont give a rats ass about a reward.

ETA Beat me to it ^
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Man I just barely got in :)
Yeah I don't think they really want to play that word game otherwise people may actually start helping the next shooter who targets actual LEO and not their families.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought Dorner's reward was the barbecue they held in his honor?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So it seems the LAPD may not pay the reward afterall. The wording for the reward states something like "information leading to the capture and conviction". Obviously he was neither captured or convicted. Maybe burning him was the cheapest way to go?

Tinfoil hat time

That's bullshit  

^
Truth!
Attempting to save money is NOT the reason they deliberately burned him to cinders!

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuckem they didn't do shit to earn a reward. Fukin snitches.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They didnt want him alive after they surrounded him the house was on the ground within 2 hours. Looked like Waco.

Waco 2.0: Electric Boogaloo.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#16]
A broke city from a broke state welching on a reward??

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Considering what they did to the two trucks before they even offered the reward.
How could any sane person think they could collect for "information leading to the arrest and conviction"
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Did you see the list of organizations pooling the money?  I don't remember exactly but LA was not the main source - it added up with several places showing support for the PD.

BUT - like you say, anything coming from a bankrupt city is more than they can afford.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought I read the money was pooled from private funds and donations
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#20]
From the beginning I figured that they would try to renege, it's in the nature of governments.

It's what they do.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#21]
http://news.yahoo.com/legal-loophole-could-hold-1m-dorner-reward-230004148--abc-news-topstories.html
A legal loophole could prevent good Samaritans, instrumental in ending the manhunt for a fugitive ex-cop accused of killing four people, from claiming more than $1 million in reward money because Christopher Dorner died and was not captured.
Last weekend, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa pledged $1 million, sourced from private individuals, companies and unions, "for information that will lead to Mr. Dorner's capture."

That's Bull if that person doesn't get paid
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh now that's fucked up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#23]
with the financial situation of CA. this should come as a surprise to exactly anyone
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.  I'm glad LA is welching out.  Next time this happens, no cooperation.

LA is so stupid and short sighted.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]
"hey Sargent, I think throwing this tear gas canister with a pyrotechnic charge into a house that looks like a tinderbox is probably a bad idea"

"Shut up mitch, we can't use a drop gun with all these cameras watching"
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Tinfoil hat time

Police cant collect the reward anyway...if it was a citizen tip that led them to him..they probably have a case to get at least a part of the reward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top