Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 1:56:44 PM EDT
I live on post. I got off of work early today so I told my wife that I'd pick up my 2nd grade daughter from school.

On the way home we pass by the Sam Houston National Cemetery (the 2nd largest military cemetery). While looking at the dress right dress stones, my daughter says " there's so many, it's so sad". I replied "Yes, there are".  She then says " But they all fought for our freedom, right"?

Got dusty in my truck all of a sudden.

I reply "Yes sweetie, that the price of freedom".

Sure am proud of my little girl.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
As  are  a  bunch  of  us .
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I live on post. I got off of work early today so I told my wife that I'd pick up my 2nd grade daughter from school.

On the way home we pass by the Sam Houston National Cemetery (the 2nd largest military cemetery). While looking at the dress right dress stones, my daughter says " there's so many, it's so sad". I replied "Yes, there are".  She then says " But they all fought for our freedom, right"?

Big (Internet) hug for your girl from me OP

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have you bought your little girl a .22 yet?  What about a Cricket?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Good girl!

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you bought your little girl a .22 yet?  What about a Cricket?

Not her own yet, but she does shoot her big brothers .22 from time to time. She's still content with her Red Ryder BB gun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Great girl, you have taught her well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great girl, you have taught her well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top