Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 7:23:26 AM EDT
I am writing a 2500 word essay on why "assault rifles" and standard capacity magazines should not be banned.

Does anyone have any favorite sites with facts or statistics? The sites I have are sucking in the facts and statistics department, and I need to reference a dozen sites.

I am not asking anyone to write the paper, I am just looking for some good site recommendations.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
you mean you can't get that info on this site?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am writing a 2500 word essay on why "assault rifles" and standard capacity magazines should not be banned.

Does anyone have any favorite sites with facts or statistics? The sites I have are sucking in the facts and statistics department, and I need to reference a dozen sites.

I am not asking anyone to write the paper, I am just looking for some good site recommendations.

Thanks!

IM on the way with the one and only argument we should be using against the anti-gun politicians.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
www.google.com
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Not purely statistical, but see if these might help:

40% Background Check Myth
Cop Killer Bullet Myth
Military "Style" Weapon Myth

Also - I have always found it strange (because it's  mostly unreported) that no one ever discusses HOW MANY LIVES ARE SAVED BECAUSE OF FIREARMS.

And by that I mean, how many times scum bag criminals have been deterred at gun point from someone defending themselves...and in many occasions that meant no one was harmed?

You never hear THAT statistic...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
this
http://www.assaultweapon.info/

and this

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

complete with citations... go kick some ass
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you! I googled, but I really wasn't satisfied with what I came up with. This essay has to focus on a narrow aspect of a controversial issue, which is why I have chosen "assault weapons" and magazines. Arguing the entire 2nd Amendment is off limits.

Going back to school in my 40s is interesting. I can see how kids these days could get their heads pretty well twisted up. In the majority of classes that I have taken thus far, the liberal point of view has been heavily preached. Last semester, I was tasked with writing papers on gun control for composition, geography, history and government.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top