Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:34:21 PM EDT
... Locate a lost iPhone? I have an iPhone, and my gf lost hers.

How do I gps locate it? It might be turned off, because I called it and it went straight to voicemail.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried to going to www.icloud.com, signing in with her apple ID, and clicking on "find my iphone"?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Look under the couch.

In other words, get off your ass and physically look for it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You should have a find my iphone app on her phone. Go findmyiphone.com I think it is. Navigate your way to finding your phone bit and should ask for her apple id. I think it might show last known location.

ETA: that is the site I was thinking of.

Have you tried to going to www.icloud.com, signing in with her apple ID, and clicking on "find my iphone"?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If its off there's no way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Look under the couch.

We did. Then she realized what happened to it. Left it on the roof of the car...
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You should have a find my iphone app on her phone. Go findmyiphone.com I think it is. Navigate your way to finding your phone bit and should ask for her apple id. I think it might show last known location.

ETA: that is the site I was thinking of.

Tried the findmyiphone site but it loads go daddy hosting.

Tried iCloud, but it will not let me sign in... ?

Downloaded the Find My Phone app and entered her info to login. Says the phone is offline. No last known location.

Crap. All of our family pictures are on there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
This site says it should display a last known location. If she didn't have the find my iphone app configured it won't be able to work. Also make sure you get the right itunes account and password. My brothers info didn't work but then he entered mine, it worked, then his worked. Best of luck.

http://ipod.about.com/od/usingios4/ht/Use-Find-My-Iphone-To-Locate-Lost-Or-Stolen-Iphone.htm

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look under the couch.

We did. Then she realized what happened to it. Left it on the roof of the car...

Your best bet is to walk the path she took. It probably fell off in the first couple of miles. At or before her first sharp turn.

This happened to a buddy of mine a while back. His phone was toast
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Crap. All of our family pictures are on there.

The photos may be loaded on the cloud.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#10]

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

I'm not seeing pics of said g/f.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Install the find my iPhone app and restrict it so it can't be edited or deleted. Well, not on this phone cause this one is probably fucked  but you should definitely install it on the next one. Fuckin thing works wonders and the best part - my daughter is lo-jacked and she doesn't even know it
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
So she isn't answering your calls and you want to know where she is?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

I'm not seeing pics of said g/f.

They were on the phone too
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#14]
If the "find my phone" isn't working, it's probably turned off. Hopefully she has a lockscreen code so no one can use it. I keep telling my wife to lock her phone, but she says no one will take it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top