Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2013 5:13:16 PM EDT
While I like it, there is a large amount of DERP... a couple things that totally have me baffled...

1. At the CDC there were soldiers dead EVERYWHERE... where were the weapons... I find it hard to believe they wouldn't all be armed to the teeth with FA weapons with TONS of ammo and at minimum squad type weapons... M249's and M60's....

2. Why in the fuck are they traveling in the vehicles they have... there appear to be tons much better vehicles just sitting around.

3. Food... all those houses are empty now... why are they having problems finding shit to eat.

4. Where in the fuck are the explosives... like I said... lots of dead military... there should be claymores aplenty.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
i know.

i wonder why no one has found a few  ruger 10/22's and a couple of bricks of ammo.

sounds like a good zombie combo to me

GR
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If you watch the current season you will see that they do have those weapons now. They also have home made silencers. The cars they have this season seem to be gas efficient cars, which makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

2. Why in the fuck are they traveling in the vehicles they have... there appear to be tons much better vehicles just sitting around.

I'm pretty sure #2 is because most of the cars they drive are product placements by paid sponsors.

-Deke

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Who's been cutting the grass at the prison too?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I pointed out the same thing about the weapons at the CDC. The fanboys shot me down fast with "all ammo was expended and then the troops were overrun". Being on the run, making dumb mistakes, being perpetually low on everything,  etc is mostly to add tension/conflict. With the speed of which the zombie apocolypse occurred there should be plenty of canned food, ammo and gas for survivors.

If it makes you feel better they acquire full auto EBRs later in the series.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Yet in Falling Skies every other person has an FA AK.

And their from Massachusetts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Maggies hot & a badass. That's all that matters
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yet in Falling Skies every other person has an FA AK.

And their from Massachusetts.

Well it IS Science Fiction.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i was quite partial to Lori.

Not her character, but i am quite partial to tall, dark haired womenz.

GR
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

TV crew
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure #2 is because most of the cars they drive are product placements by paid sponsors.  

-Deke

You beat me to it, bravo sir,.. bravo.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was quite partial to Lori.

Not her character, but i am quite partial to tall, dark haired womenz.

GR

She does clean up real nice in real life.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The trustees
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Wait till you get to see the episode with an AR with no rear sight But yet the guy manages to make a 100 something yard head shot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#17]
AMC reran the first two episodes earlier tonight.  Hell, the bolt that Rick handcuffed Merle to looked like a 3/8" or 1/2", I'd think a properly motivated guy could cut through that with a hacksaw quicker than to saw off his own hand.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#18]
the CDC was probably guarded by the National Guard, and i'll be the first to tell you.. we are not regular army and unless you are in a dedicated infantry unit, the "door kicking gun running COD type shit" takes a deeeecent backseat to powerpoint sessions, paperwork, required briefings, inspection equipiment showdown and random visits from various reps from online degree mills, hocking their "advanced education ponzi scams"
in all likely, the sodiers at the CDC were either  EOD, CBRN or a medical unit and maybe a Sec detail of MP.

depending on the nature of the virus, incubation period to outbreak, the SOP for the particular mission at the CDC could have been as simple as "maintain the peace, assist local authorities.."  not "REDCON1, shoot to kill" thus explaining the lack of ammo, CSW, heavy artillery.

When we activated for relief help after an f5 tornado ripped through Alabama in april 2011, we ran ECP and security with local police calling the shots. we didn't even have weapons.

too many variables.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wait till you get to see the episode with an AR with no rear sight But yet the guy manages to make a 100 something yard head shot.

Yeah, wtf - maybe they shouldjoin up on here and we can consult for them

I'd love to be a zombie on an episode!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
AMC reran the first two episodes earlier tonight.  Hell, the bolt that Rick handcuffed Merle to looked like a 3/8" or 1/2", I'd think a properly motivated guy could cut through that with a hacksaw quicker than to saw off his own hand.

That would have made for boring tv. I almost quit watching the show after that btw. I've learned to look past productions "lack of insight"
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Read the comic book..its much better than the tv show
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You don't like the 130 page thread on the show?  

Haha!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#23]
they survived by not changing routine

Billy grabbed an ar15 and got bit

Suzie hopped in a humvee and there were 3 zeds in the back.

The entire Army batalion in Atlanta was overrun.

All the soldiers that were bit, died and turned and bit more.

6 million people did not survive atlanta,

this is the story of a dozen that lived when the majority did not.

sure, a massively expensive, cgi undead firefight slaughter scene would be awesome,

but it would not advance the plot.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Como agente secreta de México, no puedo decirte.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
the CDC was probably guarded by the National Guard, and i'll be the first to tell you.. we are not regular army and unless you are in a dedicated infantry unit, the "door kicking gun running COD type shit" takes a deeeecent backseat to powerpoint sessions, paperwork, required briefings, inspection equipiment showdown and random visits from various reps from online degree mills, hocking their "advanced education ponzi scams"
in all likely, the sodiers at the CDC were either  EOD, CBRN or a medical unit and maybe a Sec detail of MP.

depending on the nature of the virus, incubation period to outbreak, the SOP for the particular mission at the CDC could have been as simple as "maintain the peace, assist local authorities.."  not "REDCON1, shoot to kill" thus explaining the lack of ammo, CSW, heavy artillery.

When we activated for relief help after an f5 tornado ripped through Alabama in april 2011, we ran ECP and security with local police calling the shots. we didn't even have weapons.

too many variables.

true but if they're napalming the cities like in the first couple of episodes id imagine they'd have some ammo on the ground

GR
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The walkers stomped it all down of course.  Sheesh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top