Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2002 3:36:51 PM EDT
During Bush's weekly radio address he said the UN should "show some backbone"!
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,63078,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My respect for Bush is going up due to his recent words to the UN.  Looks like that puss Powel is at least keeping his rotten mout shut a little more.

IMHO Bush needs NO resolution from the UN due to fact they are not OUR masters.  I hope this mess destroys that rotten organization.  Soddom is in violation and the UN has doen nothing to change that.  If they continue to fail to do so, we will see the begginning of the end of that corrupt group.  Good!

He doesn't need any additional authority from congress either.

1.  Commander in Chief, under war powers act, can send troops pretty much where he pleases for 60 days.

2.  The resolution of congress right after 9/11 authorizing him to act seems to fit as well.  

It appears to me that it is going to happeen - and soon.  No matter what the cowards, traitors and other assorted whinners say, we are going to whack Iraq.  I just hope we do it right which means a total surrender and occupation.

If other shithole countries like Iran, Arabia, Syria or any others in the area want in, we got enough crap to whack them too!!  Russia wants no part of this mess nor does China.  Who else can oppose US?  Erope will flap their lips but they will tolerate it or even support it so what's the problem?  Lets roll!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Jarhead, I defer to your far better idea!!!!!

DO IT!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Then VMA-211 will napalm it. You been told, now get to it."

That would be a smackdown.
View Quote

Yea!  My father-in-law's old squadron.  The Diving Lions of Wake Island.  Course it was VMF-211 in those days.  Flyin' Corsairs over the South Pacific.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
We did an airshow a ew weeks ago  that had two of the original Black Sheep VMF 214 guys signing autographs.  Thos two looked like they could still climb in the Corsair that was in front of them and go kick ass.  Very fit old guys.  Impressed me!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We did an airshow a ew weeks ago  that had two of the original Black Sheep VMF 214 guys signing autographs.  Thos two looked like they could still climb in the Corsair that was in front of them and go kick ass.  Very fit old guys.  Impressed me!
View Quote

I know exactly what you mean.  Big John is 81 this year and tough as an old boot.  We're going to Colorado in two weeks to winterize his cabin in Creede.  A week in the mountains with him will wear my sorry ass out.  He flew his Turbo Bonanza up into the mountain airstrip till just a few years ago.  Those guys are true pieces of work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#11]
www.drudgereport.com/flashl.htm

Interesting with all this going on.

Darn, link didn't work, the story is about missing nukes from Russia. Trying again.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top