Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2002 1:01:56 PM EDT
I have a question about the the barrel lenght of a rifle. I understand that it must be 16" or longer to be legal. If a rifle is an antique, does this still apply? The rifle in question is a .22, that apears to be made for a child. It is a crack barrel sigle shot. The only date on it is, I believe, is a 1908 patten date. The barrel is 15.5" and seems to be original. Any help would be appreciated.
Milhouse
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Antique, by F-Troop defition, is PRE-(18)98. (GCA 68). I'm not sure when the minimum length of barrels was retroactive to.

You may want to (a) secure that oldie somewhere other than your residence, and (b) ask the F-troopies in the form of a "I saw this at an antique store..." question. It may qualify as a "Curio & Relic" and be eligible to be kept under that description.

Tango7
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Tango,
Let me make myself clear. I own no such rifle!!! This question is hypothetical in nature.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't mean to imply you did! [0:)]

Just offering a suggestion (or two)...

Some folks might buy first and post later.

No 'fense meant.

Tango7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top