Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2013 2:43:13 AM EDT
So NY goes full retard and bans a bunch of guns and anything over seven rounds the CA goes a step further and goes anything over six rounds and now NJ is trying to ban anything over five. This shit won't stand to constitutional scrutiny. All theses bans are gonna blow gun control wide open and result in a restoration of the full intent of the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
One round is all you need.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Shirt pocket.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:47:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to go with yes
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So NY goes full retard and bans a bunch of guns and anything over seven rounds the CA goes a step further and goes anything over six rounds and now NJ is trying to ban anything over five. This shit won't stand to constitutional scrutiny. All theses bans are gonna blow gun control wide open and result in a restoration of the full intent of the Second Amendment.

And in CT there is a bill that bans anything that is not single shot............

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122-R00-SB.htm

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Every day there's a new derpy statement from some gun grabber that out derps all prior gun grabby statements.  It's unreal.

I just can't figure out why they are so against their own constitution.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll live with any law they pass... so long as it applies to local, state, and Federal Law enforcement personnel equally.

I think that is very reasonable.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They're not stupid.

They're asking for the moon so they can negogiate it down to what they wanted in the first place.

And it will never result in the restoration of the full intent of the Second Amendment. The Government never gives you more rights. They never loosen restrictions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, that would be freaking great if they did push to hard and the kickback blew them on their ass.

I am worried though. After seeing Obamacare get the rubber seal of approval from SCOTUS it feels like anything is possible. And I you really delve into it, SCOTUS has made plenty of crappy decisions that clearly go against the constitution.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Every day there's a new derpy statement from some gun grabber that out derps all prior gun grabby statements.  It's unreal.

I just can't figure out why they are so against their own constitution.

Because they don't believe in it. After all, it limits what government can do rather than spell out what it SHOULD do...
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:07:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll live with any law they pass... so long as it applies to local, state, and Federal Law enforcement personnel equally.

I think that is very reasonable.

What's the phrase about equal protection under the law?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess Connecticut will go for a four round maximum.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are the gun grabbers idiots?.

Yes, Yes they are.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One round is all you need.

The shot heard around the world.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:13:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Counting on the SCOTUS to save us and indeed rule out all this bullshit and restore the Constitution is like counting on your defense to force a turnover when the other team is on the two yard line with four downs to play, and then return the turnover for a touchdown.  

I don't even want to speculate on how the court will rule under its current composition.  I really find it unlikely that Justice Scalia is going to step forth and start passing out PMAGs and SAWs because they are the most appropriate weapons for militia usage.  We do know that almost every appeals court has upheld nearly every regulation/infringement under at least intermediate scrutiny with the exception of Maryland and Illinois CCW.

If one of the Heller 5 gets replaced by Pres Obama I feel confident in saying that even the framework in Heller (2A is an individual right that protects weapons in common use) is subject to being thrown out entirely, and the 2A eviscerated.  The Dissent in McDonald said:
"In sum, the Framers did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self defense. There has been, and is, no consensus that the right is, or was, 'fundamental.'"

The libs have nothing to lose by overreaching.  They can either negotiate down, or if they get lucky and it all passes, they can see what SCOTUS does.  If SCOTUS throws it out or waters it down they then just try another way to subvert the Constitution.  It isn't like they'll go to jail, be personally liable/sued, or get thrown out of office for pushing something that turns out to be unconstitutional.  In fact they'll likely be able to get PR value out of it, "send me back to office to fight the evil conservative justices!  Only I will stand in the face of dangerous judges who oppose common sense safety regulations!"
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:14:15 AM EDT
[#15]
No, they're dishonest and often very clever.  The idiots are the people who believe their lies.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:15:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Most are stupid, and some are evil.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think your right and I sure hope you are.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Personally, I view ALL the anti-gun legislation as a good thing -- It requires politicians to attach their names to unconstitutional acts.

It has also allowed them to reveal their real agenda. Which IS confiscation and control.

They are emboldened.

They have become the faces of gun control. Post their faces in all public places that every patriot should recognize them and remember their acts.

We know the faces of Obama, Pelose, Reid and Holder ...let us now recognize the faces of those who are carrying out this political vendetta and working feverishly to deny honest Americans of their individual rights guaranteed by our Constitution and upheld by precedent in our nations highest court.

Their acts are clearly unconstitutional and tyrannical. Legislation being used to deny due process ...desperation in the face on national defiance!

They have self-identified as TYRANTS who are willing to ignore the Constitution and commit high crimes to benefit their political party and force their social agenda upon Americans who want nothing to do with it and done nothing to deserve such disrespect, derision, humiliation, scorn and injustice.

They have become the clearest picture yet of TYRANTS, OPPRESSORS, LIARS and ENEMIES of FREEDOM to have ever governed in America.

May they be forever banned from public office, relieved of all associated privileges, denied compensation and ostracized from freedom loving American society.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top