Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2013 12:07:40 AM EDT
So I have a M&P9 with a thumb safety and need a holster. I've decided I want the Safariland 6378 based on design, quality, and I can put my TLR-1 on it.

I have some questions for those who have had this combo.

First off, will my thumb safety get in the way of the holster? I noticed when trying to order one, the selections for a M&P45 had different options concerning thumb safeties. That same option was not offered for the M&P9. I just don't want to get it and discover the gun won't seat because the safety is in the way.

Secondly, can the gun lock into retention without the flashlight? I heard that it would not if using a Surefire. I intend to keep the light on it when using this holster anyways, but am curious. I have a Bianchi thumbreak holster for non-light-attached carry.

Figured I'd toss this in GD due to the higher traffic. Especially at this time of night.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Gonna bump for the morning crowd.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
bumppp for suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
any help?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this for open carry? Seems like it would be a bitch to conceal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this for open carry? Seems like it would be a bitch to conceal.

Its more for a range kit.

Plus plain clothes carry in law enforcement could be an option if my gun is on the approved carry list.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't answer about the safety, but it will retain retention without the light to a certain extent.  There is a nub that protrudes into the barrel.  I can't say how secure it is without the light, but mine passed the medium tug test.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
You need the ALS, not the SLS holster.  I carried it for years but now I prefer the Black Hawk serpa.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't answer about the safety, but it will retain retention without the light to a certain extent.  There is a nub that protrudes into the barrel.  I can't say how secure it is without the light, but mine passed the medium tug test.

Okay, cool. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You need the ALS, not the SLS holster.  I carried it for years but now I prefer the Black Hawk serpa.

I believe it is ALS only.

I've ran a Serpa for the past 5 years with my other gun. I tried a Safariland and really liked it.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top