Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2002 7:48:32 AM EDT
Cynthia McKinney for President?  

AP  
Outgoing Georgia Rep. Cynthia McKinney  
Thursday, September 12, 2002

WASHINGTON — Green Party activists who worked on the Democratic Georgia congresswoman's unsuccessful re-election campaign say Rep. Cynthia McKinney is strongly considering seeking the Green Party's presidential nomination in 2004.

McKinney, who couldn't be reached for comment Wednesday, hasn't revealed her plans. But Green Party officials said many of her views make her a perfect fit either to lead the ticket or serve as 2000 nominee Ralph Nader's vice presidential choice, should he decide to run again.

More than 50 Green Party activists from across the nation traveled to Georgia to help McKinney in the final days of her primary campaign against Denise Majette.

Adam Eidinger, who is the Green Party's nominee for ''shadow representative'' in Washington, D.C. --- which doesn't have a voting member of Congress --- said the odds are ''50/50'' that McKinney would switch parties before she leaves office in January.

''She's very interested,'' Eidinger said. ''I've asked her to her face twice if she would run. I told her, 'You are on the very short list of people in this country the Green Party would like to draft to run for president. Would you do it?' Her exact words were: 'Sure.' ''

''She, to me, expressed that was something she would consider,'' said Jason Kafoury, who took a leave of absence from his job as national coordinator for Democracy Rising, a group Nader founded, to campaign for McKinney. ''She said she was mulling over a variety of options for 2004.''

Another possibility McKinney was considering, Kafoury said, was to seek the 4th District nomination again two years from now, perhaps as an independent.

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope she runs...

...as a green or an independent.

hell I'll even vote for her in the primary if she runs as a dem.

F over the democRATs then.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool. That would be the death rattle of the greens here in America for the next 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope she runs.
She will bleed votes from the libs.

ARH
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
YES...YES...YES!!!

Pray for it guys and gals!  Every ass-clown that wastes a vote for Cynthia doesn't vote for the usual liberal Democrat.

Run Cynthia!  Don't you let those White Boys and J-E-W-S tell YOU what to do!  

[;D]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
YES...YES...YES!!!

Pray for it guys and gals!  Every ass-clown that wastes a vote for Cynthia doesn't vote for the usual liberal Democrat.

[;D]
View Quote

That should be:

Don't you let those [b]Klansmen[/b] and J-E-W-S tell YOU what to do!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

More than 50 Green Party activists from across the nation traveled to Georgia to help McKinney in the final days of her primary campaign against Denise Majette.
View Quote

Wow....their whole voting block. I'm impressed. Was Eddie Vetter of Pearl Jam fame there to serenade them as they trudged from door (SLAM) to door (SLAM) to door (SLAM)?

Or is it that att 1500 who voted in 2000 started on their way there, but
a) The extension cords on their electric tricycles weren't long enough,

b) Mom wouldn't let 'em go out on a school night,

c) They can't leave the state until their probation for getting stoned at "Weedfest" is up,

d) their export license for fruits and nuts from the state of Kalifornia was expired?

Just a thought.

Tango7 - "economic redistribution", anybody?
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]
That girl is a menace. They should ban her from any civic duty and/or position.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
YES...YES...YES!!!

[;D]
View Quote

That should be:

Don't you let those [b]Klansmen[/b] and J-E-W-S tell YOU what to do!
View Quote
View Quote

Yea...your right.  I just didn't want to disturb anybody's sensibilities on this fine Saturday night.
[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top