Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2013 4:23:10 PM EDT
My daughter school is doing the jump rope for heart thing and one of the prizes is a ball pop gun. But due to the shootings its not eligible as a prize because it looks like a gun.
So i guess a toy that shoots plastic balls is banned now . My 8 year old come home and said "daddy your not gonna be happy or give me any money for this , because the ball gun can not be a prize due to the school shooting". I love my girls and usually support the fundraisers for them but AHA will not see a penny of my money due to their stance over a freaking toy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, take her out shooting and let her brag to her friends that she doesn't need a pop ball gun, she shoots real guns.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My daughtr had to make a valentine card box for school tomorrow.  She said one of the kids asked if he could use Star Wars wrapping paper to decorate.

The teacher told him he probably shouldn't - could be some sort of weapon on it    

Seriously, WTF has happened to this country?  We had far less problems with guns when everyone had them everywhere and kids played "war" with plastic guns.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I do take both of them shooting. The oldest one has a expensive habit she likes to see how fast she can empty the mag lol. i graduated in 2000 and my senior year we was still allowed to have our hunting rifle in our vehicles during deer season. I dont understand whats wrong with people now, i know the world is a dangerous place but kids need to be kids again.  the High school suspended a kid over having a paint ball gun in his back seat. oh well more money for ammo anyway
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
My daughter is doing the same thing (jump rope for American Heart). As a previous poster said....take her shooting. You won't have to do anything else. She will talk about it at school on her own. Don't play the PC bullshit game with these fuckers. My kids go to school and talk about the .22's and BB guns they receive for Christmas and b-days......I get a hard on thinking about how much it twists some of those liberal fuckwads panties.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That pop gun is still a prize for our kids, if they raise $500 or more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top