User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2002 9:00:55 AM EDT
Bush's message to teh troops has been :Be ready."

Then this in reply, as seen aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln:

[img]http://www.mynra.com/modules/topnews/assets/ACF614A.jpg[/img]

Agre or disagree about the invasion of Iraq, you GOTTA LOVE our armed forces personnel. As I'm sure they gotta love having a REAL C in c.

God bless them, our armed forces!!!!!!!!!!1

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
salute!!!

good hunting!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#3]
We are at T minus 8 weeks and counting
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh please let the hounds loose! [devil]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]So are [u]you[/u] on board?[/b]

Eric The(Hopeful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[b]So are [u]you[/u] on board?[/b]

Eric The(Hopeful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Gettin' close.

Let's just say that when the fightin' man is in the field of battle, ALL other considerations end for me.

Let's get the job done, and get 'em home.

From me, they'll hear ONLY support.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Amen, Brother garandman, Amen![/b]

Eric The(Happy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let's finish this...[}:D]
View Quote

Yes, please.

I want to see some Muslim weeping and sorrow.  

Stack the bodies and if it moves, kill it!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Let's kick some ass.

Nuke their ass and take the gas.

Kill osamie for mommie.

To Bagdad and beyond.......

To Saddam with love.

rollin, rollin, rollin, keep those tanks a rollin....

have gun will travel
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Explain me to the "Kilo 11" reference.

Is this a call sign, unit designation, what???

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Somebody call for hounds? This may not be my choice of targets, but as long as it is in the list, let's get in over and move on......Can we go back and get the F-111 to fly over France again....and have troubles with the bomb clamps?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#19]
How many nukes would it take to make the desert into a mirror so big, you could see yourself from space?
[:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kilo 11 is Delta Sgt. Norm Hooten's (Hoot) call sign in BHD. One of my idols.
View Quote

I'll just go ahead and say it -

I'm like full on in love with our military. Call me a friggen hawk, seven days a week.

The best and the brightest of what America has to offer. I don't know if I can explain why.

Why ARE military folks so durn tootin' squared away individuals?

Is it that they joined up that way, or are the scummy people culled out , or does the military make them that way???

They are just head and shoulders above the general populace.

I love them. Love being around them. Hearing them talk, watching them work.

Dayam, they're good people.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Let Loose the DOGS of War.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[size=6][b]LETS ROLL!![/b][/size=6]
View Quote

So simple, yet so perfect.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Just curious, How many of you obviously Gung Ho members have ever been in the military? Let me be clear, I am not in any way being critical or judgemental of your comments, as I said I'm just curious. I'm 41, I was in the Army. A little math show's you that I'm too young to have been in Vietnam, and too old to have been in the Gulf. Lucky me, I was a member of the peacetime Army. I do however have 4 sons ages 21, 20, 15, and 12. I know we have to do this Iraq thing, and anything else that may/will become necessary. I just wish I could go instead of them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#25]
YOu gatta love our Armed Forces!

My favorite line from We Were Soldiers" applies to the war on terrorism-

[size=4] " And Lord, Ignore There Heathen Prayers And Help Us Blow The Little Bastards Back To Hell" [/size=4]

Lets blow those Iraqi little bastards back to hell were they came from, civilians included that are simpathetic to terrorism,Sudam Hussein, Palestinians, and are aiding and hideing Al Queda, and Taliban forces that ran from Afghanistan! I will cheer in the steets when I see civilians die in Iraq, anybody want to join me?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just curious, How many of you obviously Gung Ho members have ever been in the military? Let me be clear, I am not in any way being critical or judgemental of your comments, as I said I'm just curious. I'm 41, I was in the Army. A little math show's you that I'm too young to have been in Vietnam, and too old to have been in the Gulf. Lucky me, I was a member of the peacetime Army. I do however have 4 sons ages 21, 20, 15, and 12. I know we have to do this Iraq thing, and anything else that may/will become necessary. I just wish I could go instead of them.
View Quote

I've posted similarly before.

TOO often, its those who stand no chance of personal loss that wish to see others mens sons charge into battle.

Never more true than of politicians.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I will cheer in the steets when I see civilians die in Iraq, anybody want to join me?
View Quote

What a sick sentiment.

You are NO BETTER than the vermin we fight.

If you are an American, then I am ashamed to be one.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Gman, the us military is the way it is due to one thing.

NCO's

Period.

They exercise initiative.

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gman, the us military is the way it is due to one thing.

NCO's

Period.

They exercise initiative.

TXLEWIS
View Quote

That was Ambrose's sentiment (tho on a bit more limited discussion) in his book on D-Day.

He made the statement that D-Day worked ONLY becasue of the initiative of the NCO's.

And if your charachter doesn't show under fire, it never will.

Whadda ya think makes the NCO's so good???

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I am generally not one to underestimate an opponent, but in this case, I think it is very likely that as soon as it is clear that US forces are going to take out sadam and are able to physically protect Iraq's regular military from Sadam, they will lay down their arms in massive numbers.  They did the same in GW I (that's gulf war one) even though we never said we were going to take out sadam.

A dictatorship built on fear collapses when the element of fear is removed.  History has proven that the Iraq military is not willing to die for Sadam.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#33]
[b] Garandman Wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I will cheer in the steets when I see civilians die in Iraq, anybody want to join me?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a sick sentiment.

You are NO BETTER than the vermin we fight.

If you are an American, then I am ashamed to be one.[/b]

My response is Bla Bla Bla..............

I have stated many times that Osama Bin Laden was right in one of his video's stateting that American's have no stomach for war!

Well garandman I can see you have no stomach for war. So I see your complaints as treasonous!

Oh and by the way I served in our armed forces also! I was in the Air Force from 1989-1993. Stationed at Malmstrom AFB, Great Falls Montana. My job hence my on line name.... Was working on Minuteman 3 nuclear missle silos.

And I have two sons, one at the age of 4 and the age of 5. If my two boys had to go into the military, which I will most gladely help them to consider as they get older, and if they were to die in battle, I would be a most honored, and proud father, as to that my children served this great nation and sacrificed there lives so that we can have freedom!

My comments as to cheering the deaths of Iraqi's was based upon a most important impact of war that is not happening in todays society! There is not a phycological impact on these idiots as to make them start to think that we mean real business. Can you image the phycological impact it would have if americans were cheering in the streets when Iraq's are being killed?

Garandman  if you cannot stomach this new type of war that is to be faught then maybe you should just keep your trap shut!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Excellent. Good thread G-Man!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Garandman  if you cannot stomach this new type of war that is to be faught then maybe you should just keep your trap shut!
View Quote

And what EXACTLY is this "new type of war?"

One where we INTENTIONALLY target civilians? Like Usama does?

Must we become as sick as he is, to defeat him? Must we become like him, to beat him???

NEVER I say. I'm ready for war. What I am NOT ready to do is to kick to the curb American principles, American morals, American standards, American freedoms, in short everything that has made America the BEST nation the world has ever known, in order to "one up" Usama.

Yer sick. Sick.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Excellent. Good thread G-Man!
View Quote

I do love our Armed Forces. To my depths.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I agree.  Lets get it on.  Your either with us or against us.  Sound familar?

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#38]
That take aim on hussean bumper sticker I still have should  be back in style now.[:D]
[-=(_)=-]

There's a certain sense releif that I don't have to go, and little sense of guilt for not having to go, but most of all there's a sense of disappointment that I don't get to go.

I hate to sound like a HAWK, but this needs to be done, and we shoudn't stop until everyone over there gets at least half a shot at civilized society.

I pray that God will guide our rounds....
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#39]
And I have two sons, one at the age of 4 and the age of 5. If my two boys had to go into the military, which I will most gladely help them to consider as they get older, and if they were to die in battle, I would be a most honored, and proud father, as to that my children served this great nation and sacrificed there lives so that we can have freedom!

I agree with you but only to a point. I'd be just as proud and a shit load happier if they came back.  

Somebody on this board has s sig line that states that "the object of war is not to die for your country but too make a bunch of the other bastards die for theirs."

Now don't go gettin' all pissed off, but I bet when your boys are 20 and 21 two factors will be working on you. First you'll be a bit older with a different perspective, and second their going off to war will be a clear and present danger.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#40]
ok cmbmw, lets do some math.   Calculate the number of lives that would have been saved if the free world had annhililated Hitler as soon as he invaded the Sudetenland.   No D-Day, no Arnhem, no Bastogne.   No battle of Britain.  No holocaust.   The lesson of WWII is that capitulation and delay makes the job more difficult and brutal.

I can't imagine that any active duty personnel want to get gassed or shot.  But I believe they are ready to take the fight to the enemy, and God bless them in that endeavor.  And if they are going to fight, the time to do it is when the enemy is weak, not strong.  

Netanyahu had it right on 9/12/01.  A TV interviewer asked him, "Who do you think did it?"  He answered, "You KNOW who did it.  Iran, Iraq, Syria -- the usual suspects."

This is what the President was talking about when he said this war was not going to be over quickly.  We've ignored our enemies ever since Reagan went off shift, and they have multiplied and grown strong.  It's time to take care of business before it really gets ugly.  It won't end with Iraq any more than it ended with Afghanistan.  I'm not sure I would invest in real estate in Iran, Syria or the Sudan right about now.  

It's time to quit fartin around.  They said we would get our butts kicked in Afghanistan, and look what happened.  We have them off balance, it's time to press the advantage.  Knock those worthless pricks over like a bunch of bowling pins.  I don't want to explain another 9/11 to my kid ever again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#42]
War is not a thing to be desired, it is a thing that must be, for reasons that can be articulated. If it must be, then let it occur, but let us not forget that wars cost lives, fathers, mothers, sons and daughters. It is not a thing to rejoice, but rather a thing that must be done. I just hope all Americans support our Armed Forces if and when it occurs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'll just go ahead and say it -

I'm like full on in love with our military. Call me a friggen hawk, seven days a week.

The best and the brightest of what America has to offer. I don't know if I can explain why.

Why ARE military folks so durn tootin' squared away individuals?

Is it that they joined up that way, or are the scummy people culled out , or does the military make them that way???

They are just head and shoulders above the general populace.

I love them. Love being around them. Hearing them talk, watching them work.

Dayam, they're good people.

View Quote

Too bad people (state side) didn't feel this way when I was in the service ('80-'84).

I lost count of the number of times I got into scrapes or had people drive by and throw trash (or whatever) at me and my buds when we were in uniform walking the streets.

I never met a US civilian with a kind word back then (bar tenders included).

I guess Beirut and Grenada weren't a big enough threat to make civvies feel warm and fuzzy about our military boys.

I still had the best time of my life and I'll be my son's biggest supporter if he decides to enlist! He'll have to get through his next 15 birthdays first.[:D)

And yes it's true, the womenz over-seas (for the most part) love the men in uniform, or was it our money? "Me love you long time".
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Shotar, I agree totally.  This war is so not over.  More people are going to die, that is a certainty.  Better them than us, better there than here, better on our terms than theirs.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Tampa Dave

I'd be the first guy outta the plane or on the beach. You're preaching to the choir here.
The purpose of my original question in this thread was to find out who the people are that are making comments like:

Let's finish this...
We are at T minus 8 weeks and counting
Oh please let the hounds loose!

I share many of these sentiments, I have no objection whatsoever to our going into Iraq and elsewhere. Bush has balls, and it's a good thing too.  We know they're going to come after us, why not f*ck 'em up now instead of waiting until they strike first. OK  I hope you understand that I am not against the policies of this Administration!!!  Read H Normand Schwarzkopff's book "It doesn't take a hero" it describes in great detail how long it takes to prepare for battle. That said, I'm encouraged to see that we're taking our time to prepare, militarily and politically.

Anyways, back on topic. I'm just curious to see if these Gung Ho posts are from soldiers, ex-military, high school kids, retired Lt. Colonel's etc, or are they just a bunch of people like you see at a youth football game hollering "kill 'em" having never played the game themselves.  Flame away, but before you do at least try to understand where I'm coming from.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#46]
2 choices:

We go now, on our terms, with a bush / rumsfeld team

or

we go when we are forced into it by another heinous attack, possibly with a hillary / patsy defense secretary team.

Which is more likely to produce victory with the minimum amount of casualties??
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I received the call up today and that silly uncle is going to give me a track again! It is all painted up pretty like and a full tank of gas as well as a full mag! Now I have some unfinished business to take care of.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#49]
[b]Garandman Wrote:

And what EXACTLY is this "new type of war?"

One where we INTENTIONALLY target civilians? Like Usama does?

Must we become as sick as he is, to defeat him? Must we become like him, to beat him???

NEVER I say. I'm ready for war. What I am NOT ready to do is to kick to the curb American principles, American morals, American standards, American freedoms, in short everything that has made America the BEST nation the world has ever known, in order to "one up" Usama.

Yer sick. Sick. [/b]

To answer the first question:

[b]And what EXACTLY is this "new type of war?"[/b]

This new type of war is one were the enemy is not neccessarily a country so to speak but a host of countries that have military and non military members( hence the civilians that I had talked about in my post with this remark:"Lets blow those Iraqi little bastards back to hell were they came from,[b] civilians included that are simpathetic to terrorism,Sudam Hussein, Palestinians, and are aiding and hideing Al Queda, and Taliban forces that ran from Afghanistan!"[/b]

You see the issue of a new type of war is simple. We are fighting an idealogy that exists that encompasses a wide variety of individuals from all across the world. There are many countries that house individuals that are civilians so to speak that buy into the ideology of the Islamic beliefs of Jihad, and terrorism. Even countries that are our allies have individuals that reside in there borders that would stop at nothing as to strike against the United States! This is the new kind of war I am refering to.Civilians that do not belong to a certain type of army, and do not wear a uniform, but act either in small groups, or individually based upon there beliefs of Jihad, and acts of terrorism taught religiously through Islam!

Iraq is hiding terrorists in there nation. This is not being done merely by the government, it has to be done by civilian sympothizers to the terroristic causes also.

You see for many years in war there has been a line that has been drawn between the military and civilians. Terrorists dont draw this line, they dont even think like that. To an Islamic terrorist if you are not a person of Islamic faith, then you are the enemy, civilian or military, makes no difference. So to be effective in combating such a threat you have to engage the enemy differently, meaning that there are people out there that you and I and our government with the old way of thinking, will catagorize individuals as Civilian, but they are really not, but we look at them as civilian because they do not belong to a military, and do not wear a uniform!

So some of these poor people that will be killed that are talked up in the media as Civilian, will most likely be people who either

1. Are actually non combatent civilians that chose to stay in an area that is a legitimate military target!
2. Were people who were feeding,and hideing the terrorists in the villages or cities!
3. Were actual civilians that hate america and would do what ever they could to try to kill our armed forces.
4. Or were groups of terrorists that needed to be taken out, but the media will portray them as civilians!
5. Could be Scientists,lab technicions,or workers in a place were biological,chemical,or nuclear materal was being either made or stored, but the media will portray them as civilians because they were not part of the Iraqi military!
6. Oh and the poor little women and children that will get blown to pieces that would love to put a bullet through one of our GI's head if they could get ahold of a gun! But the media will portray them as innocent civilian casualties!

You see the media has a love hate relationship with our military! They love to hate our military and will only show things to the masses that our military does to only further the causes of the media, not our military! Another words the coverage we will see will only be that of to deflate the military.

So instead of seeing our military forces being successful, you will only see things like, our military has killed some poor old civilian boo hoo garbage. But what most dont realize is that those civilians are not so innocent all the time, but the media will not say that, because it does not fit there agenda.

So when I hear about civilians being killed in Iraq I will re-joice for these reasons and because if the civilians would stand up and kill Suddam Hussien themselves, our nation would not even need to go there in the first place! If these so called Iraq civilians would kill the terrorists that fled from Afghanistan instead of hide them, then our military would not need to go in and clean house.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So when I hear about civilians being killed in Iraq I will re-joice for these reasons and because if the civilians would stand up and kill Suddam Hussien themselves, our nation would not even need to go there in the first place! If these so called Iraq civilians would kill the terrorists that fled from Afghanistan instead of hide them, then our military would not need to go in and clean house.
View Quote

Then by logical extension, using YOUR logic, not mine, but YOURS....

...any Jew that refused to rise up and kill Hitler, or that allowed themselves to be hearded into Nazi deth camps, or surrendered thei firearms to Gestappo without a fight to the death, as they did....

then by your OWN logic....

...you would rejoice over them being killed, as their weakness and unwillingness to kill Hitler and the Nazis, necessitated the US going in and "cleaning house"

Your words. Your logic.

You ARE sick. I'm done with you, cuz any exposure to your sick, Sadddam-like mind may corrupt my own.

What a sick bastard.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top