Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2001 12:25:01 PM EDT
I just bought a Daewoo DR200.
I had been admiering them for awhile and found what I feel is a good price, so I bought it.

Any opinions or things I should look for?

Do the original Korean Daewoo's have an AR FS? I know that it borrows many parts from the AR, and pre ban Daewoo's accept the AR bayonet.
Also, any links or sources for parts and acceseries?

What is the difference b/t DR100 DR200 DR300, I have seen all these referenced and was wondering.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to [url]www.nccn.net/~b888/ [/url] for a folding stock for it. Be sure to discuss the "US parts requirement" with teh guy. He will help you keep it all legal.

Parts and acessories are NON EXISTANT. However, numerous fire control parts are intershangeable with teh AR.

The DR300 is the 7.62 x 39 Daewoo.

Opinions - very good firearm. The rifle twist 1 in 11" is more suited to 55 gr and lighter bullets.

recoil is SLIGHTLY harder than the AR. But we're only taking about .223 here.

Better gas system than the AR. keeps the junk out of the receiver.

Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
I am going to look this puppy over real good when it arrives and learn as much about it as I can before I shoot it too much. I know a gunsmith that says he can manufacture any gun part for any weapon. Hopefull I won't have to take him up on it.
It sounds to me that it is just as, if not more durable than an AR, so I don't think I will be haveing problems anyway.
Thanks for the link. I am definetly going to get one of those stocks.
Something else to spend money on.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have good things about the DR-200. Sounds like a sound rifle. Unfortunately spare parts and hard to come by. I have a problem with the grip the way it is designed my thumb is to short to move it all the way to the fire position: otherwise, I would probably have bought one.
Good Luck
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.riflestocks.com/html/ace_ltd__products_2.html
i love my daewoo, nice looks,shoots great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top