Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2002 8:38:47 AM EDT
[url]http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2002/sep/11/091101061.html[/url]

of course, we could just be profiling middle eastern men, using the can.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The TSA said the three men had been acting strangely on the plane, but gave no specifics beyond saying the three locked themselves in a bathroom.
==============================================

Hmmmm...
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Hannibal ad portas
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
CNN- Passengers helped subdue the three men Who were acting strangely and held them for the FBI.  Now being interrogated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Dave,

From the article, THREE of them were in ONE can.  Based on personal experience with the size of the can on most jets, this I find interesting to begin with.

And yes, on Sept 11, having 3 Arab men enter and lock themselves into a can on a jet, well, all I can say is I would be concerned.  Call it profiling if you want.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Another great job by the Memphis news outlet's. This is the first I've heard of it. Guess nobody want's to say anything against Northwest [about the only airline into Memphis]. [smoke]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#7]
They took off from here in Memphis. I have heard from LE friends that the bridge here over the Mississippi River is being guarded as it is a possible target. That bridge is about 2 blocks from my office. I will be the first to let you know if it isn't there anymore!

Don't know what airlines, but it was a A320 aerobus plane
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Step 1: Locate suspicious passenger
Step 2: Open door to aircraft
Step 3: Remove suspicious passenger
Step 4" "Suspicious passenger?? What suspicious passenger?"

No wasted time or taxpayer money.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#10]
The local reporter on the scene is saying,"The men in question" - were speaking in a middle eastern language very loudly,One then walked to the can with a small shaving bag........
IMHO The Capt. of the jet did the right thing.
Set the plane down find out what's up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure there is going to be hell to pay for this one from the A.C.L.U..[bounce] 3 Arab guys get together in a 2 x 2 can on a plane! Maybe the heat and passion generated from their staring into each others eyes got the best of them.[:X] Why would this look suspicious in these days and times? Geeees for crying out loud![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The TSA said the three men had been acting strangely on the plane, but gave no specifics beyond saying the three locked themselves in a bathroom.

Hmmmm...
View Quote

Maybe they just wanted to join [b]The Mile High Club[/b]  [shock]  [shock]  [shock]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hannibal ad portas
View Quote

That would be "Hannibal Ante Portas".
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe they just wanted to join [b]The Mile High Club[/b]  [shock]  [shock]  [shock]
View Quote

They just need to be thankful they met with Southern hospitality.  On my watch, they'd have joined the Six Feet Under Club; and quick!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hannibal ad portas
View Quote

That would be "Hannibal Ante Portas".
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#16]
On second thought, they're probably just some whacky funny type guys having a little fun...

Maybe it was an unannounced inspection by the ACLU!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#17]
although they [b]say[/b]it wasn't a terrorist event....
The local media reported that the rags were in the bathroom shaving their body hair. IIRC don't they do this so they can slip into the afterlife?

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmm...
View Quote

View Quote

Don't they already belong to the mile high club?  They do frequent the sheep bars in the Afghanistan mountains, don't they?

Baaaaaaaaa
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
although they [b]say[/b]it wasn't a terrorist event....
The local media reported that the rags were in the bathroom shaving their body hair. IIRC don't they do this so they can slip into the afterlife?
View Quote

I believe so...I was watching a program last night on what Mohammad Atta did in his last days, and one of the last things he did was to shave all the hair from his body.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#21]
So the question is, if this was really an aborted hijack, will they sweep it under the rug like FLT 587?

hmmmm?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#22]
The local reporter on the scene is saying,"The men in question" - were speaking in a middle eastern language very loudly,One then walked to the can with a small shaving bag........
IMHO The Capt. of the jet did the right thing.
Set the plane down find out what's up.

Damn straight.  While it may have been jumping the gun, (no pun intended)  it may have saved lives.  Thank God the passengers stood up and dealt with it.  You never know what could have happened, but look at the 9/11 flight in PA.

Maybe innocent, probably not, but atleast someone was on the ball.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Um, how do they shave w/o Razors ? And if they had 'em, how'd they get razors on an airplane ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top