Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2002 3:42:21 PM EDT
Just in case you never knew, back in 1982, the Senate Judiciary Committee, which was controlled at the time by the Repblicans (Yay!), through its Subcommittee on the Constitution researched the foundations for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as found protected in our Constitution, and its foundations in prior laws.

The conclusions that they reached can be found here:[url]http://www.constitution.org/mil/rkba1982.htm[/url]

It makes for very good reading, I can assure you!

Eric The(Helpful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
"But if in blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both."

Does not seem to have worked.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Got it bookmarked.  Thanks Hun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Then if it is a right how come every so often they the gov. erodes it more and more, first by not allowing you to buy a shotgun from sears and roebuck catalog, then buy putting restrictions on possessions of full auto, then by the AWB,the hi cap mag ban, also the prohibited ownership of striker 12 shotguns, next it will be the 50 cal. mark my word, it WILL be a prohibited item soon, next it will be autos or handguns, just a matter of time. Rights can not be taken away, but they have been for some time now. The most important infringement of rights was Atty. Gen. Ashcroft saying this admin acknowledges the right of people to own firearms, this starts a dangerous president as it implies an administration has the right to make this type of determination, which I belive it does not, it is a right that exists and is not to be granted by one admin or the other.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Because we don't stop them.  What are you waiting for?

FFZ
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because we don't stop them.  What are you waiting for?

FFZ
View Quote
What can I do that I have not already done NRA, active voter, write elected officials, this is all just bull, it does not accomplish anything that prevents the bastards.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Feed the hogs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The only rights you people have are the right to obey the laws and whatever rules the govenment hands down for you to take notice of. So get with the program.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, you see you've got your soap box, which has been working okay thanks to the Internet, we are getting the pro-gun word around faster than ever before and it has helped...some.

And you've got your ballot box.  Pretty much useless now, thanks to the fact that the two major political parties are both in favor of big government and just seem to squabble over how to divvy up the ill-gotten gains.  I'm so disgusted with the ballot box, that I will likely never vote again.  Let the stupid people who think they make some kind of difference by voting live in their fairy tale world, who am I to try and mess with their stubborn reality?

Finally, you've got your cartridge box.  That one has yet to come into play, but I think we'll be getting around to it sooner or later.  Don't let the Bushites fool you, they are politicians, and politicians hate guns just as much as they hate anything that makes their existence less important to the world.  They also hate free markets (real ones, not the bullshit ones they talk about).  

By comparison, we had it damn good back in 1982, and that wasn't a banner year for gun owners by any means.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top