Should we try to set something up?

Is anyone interested in this?

Matt
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll join you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, so we'll mark a time, I think that the time of the first plane into the WTC may be a good one. IIRC, that was 0902 hrs. EST.

If that is the correct time, let us all make the desicion to gather on the board and each will observe a moment of silence then a commemorative toast at 0902hrs. Maybe we should have Goatboy or one of the senior staff members administer this.

Other ideas?

Matt
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Where I work, we will be flying the flag at half mast, and gathering on the shop floor for a moment of silence at 7:46 (CST). We will be wearing black ribbons as well.

I am pleased that our HR dept is screwing PC and doing this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
btt for Mods to see...hey, that rhymes!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in like Flynn! [:D]

I shall tack this til the 'morrow morn.

Quick, someone compose an appropriate toast!

Eric The(Memorial)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be here, count me in.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be out on the job site, but I'll be here in spirit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in.

We should all fire a shot at 9:02AM... my boss will love that!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Unfortunately I'll be at work, but I'll definately be with you all in spirit.

Dirk

[USA]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#13]
ETH,

I am not near the wordsmitth that yourself or Llamadong are, but I was thinking of something along these lines;

Today, on the anniversary of the attacks on America, I raise my glass to honor our dead, to honor the heros of Flight 93,
to decry the cowardice of our attackers,
to praise our rescuers,
to honor our servicemen and women protecting us
and to ask God for His guidance in sending our enemies to Hell.

"Let's Roll"
Todd Beamer, Flight 93
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Memorial Toast? what kind? wheat or white? toppings?

Personally, i think a nice Toasted wheat with some raspberry jam would be good.

sorry.... i couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Have we agreed on a time yet? I'll be on my way to Manhattan for a small gathering to honor the heroes and victims. Depending on the time, I may be on the road but once I get there I have access to a puter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ETH,

I am not near the wordsmitth that yourself or Llamadong are, but I was thinking of something along these lines;

Today, on the anniversary of the attacks on America, I raise my glass to honor our dead, to honor the heros of Flight 93,
to praise our rescuers,
and to ask God for His [red]divine[/red]guidance in sending our enemies to Hell.

"Let's Roll"
Todd Beamer, Flight 93
View Quote

[b]wiggy![/b] That was an excellent toast, and bigosh, the one we should use tomorrow!

I added the word 'divine' to the 'guidance' part, if you don't mind.

What do you think of that?

Eric The(Poetic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ETH,

to praise our rescuers,
and to ask God for His guidance in sending our enemies to Hell.

"Let's Roll"
Todd Beamer, Flight 93
View Quote
wiggy762, that's a great toast, you completely underestimated your wordsmithnessaryismeth.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I will have to leave for my Gran's wake at 0930....

but yeah, I will raise a shot, and make a shot for them.......

sad day
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETH,

to praise our rescuers,
and to ask God for His [red]divine[/red]guidance in sending our enemies to Hell.

"Let's Roll"
Todd Beamer, Flight 93
View Quote

[b]wiggy![/b] That was an excellent toast, and bigosh, the one we should use tomorrow!

I added the word 'divine' to the 'guidance' part, if you don't mind.

What do you think of that?

Eric The(Poetic)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

ETH,

I love the addition!

Should we take the advice of Helldog 40 and have the toast at 0848hrs EDT?

For those, like me, that are time zone challenged, here goes;

Eastern Time Zone 0848 hrs
Central Time Zone 0748 hrs
Mountain Time Zone 0648 hrs
Pacific Time Zone 0548 hrs
Arizona Time Zone (Depends on a bunch of stuff)

I propose that we meet in the chat room a bit early with our respective libation and prepare to honor and mourn our fallen at precisely 0848 hrs EDT. We should observe a moment of silence and then toast the memories of our departed.

ETH, could you prepare a special prayer for the occaision? I always enjoy your talks with God and I am sure that others would too on this solenm occasion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]wiggy[/b], I would be delighted to work on a prayer for tomorrow morning.

You others, do not worry, I will keep it short and sweet, and to the point!

Thanks!

Eric The(Humble)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, the wife might not like the alarm going off at 0515, but what the heck, after what I managed to accomplish this evening, I'll be there.

After recently having purchased a new home (our first), we discovered much to our dismay that there was no flag pole holders anywhere on the house.  Searching the hardware stores, Rite-Aids, and even rummage sales and thrift shopes there are none to be found!

Finally, on the eve of this anniversary, I got feed up, drilled a 3/4 inch hole halfway through the 2x8 on the out side of the fascia (the thick way) at an angle, and viola!  Flag pole holder.

Since the wife wanted the fountain lighted up, I got an extra flood lamp at Home Depot and lit the Flag up properly.

Then I stood back, and sang the National Anthem, and burst into tears (probably a little too much news watching for me).

I'll be there, and personally, I think the toast is fine - unless you want to make it a toasted bin Laden - at about 350 degrees....
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be at work, but I'm with ya, fellas. I still remember watching it all on live TV, staring in total disbelief, sorrow, and [b]ANGER[/b] (which has not yet abated-not by a long f*cking shot)

I'm glad you guys were all here that day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]
what kind of a toast were we talking about?

I am under 21 but I could toss back a glass of water or soy milk?

Im in just not sure what I will drink.

oz
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I am busy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Of course, [b]Ozmodiar[/b], there is no reason that te drink you, or anyone else, selects for this event be should be alcoholic.

It's the thought and act that counts!

Eric The(NonTeetotaling)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:26:21 AM EDT
[#28]
[b]Imbroglio[/b], we don't need to hear of your plans. If you are too busy, then there is no need to inform us.

I've never before heard of trolling a memorial thread before. Now I have.

Eric The()Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:34:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I am in and [>Q]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:45:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I am in with all my family.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Today I work alone at Summit Ammo.  I will rip a mag through an M-16 in their memory.

Balming
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#32]
I will be here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:42:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Our most gracious and loving Heavenly Father, we are gathered today to thank You for the many blessings that You have bestowed upon our Nation and our People. You have raised us up to be Your Nation and Your People, although we may have forgotten this at times.

You have stood by our nation many, many times and have always been faithful to see us through until the very end. Continue to be with our nation and stand beside it in the coming years, leading it with Your gentle touch, in the direction You would have us go.

We ask for Your divine guidance for our leaders and for those who struggle in the war that is to come, and that even now touches our beautiful land.

Father, be with those who have lost family and loved ones as the result of the evil things done by others in the false name of religion.

Be with those who suffer and grieve for their lost loved ones, and wipe all of the tears from their eyes. Strengthen their hearts, and give them the certain knowledge that they may see their loved ones again, in Your house, in Your Kingdom, by Your will.

Be with those who are injured in body or in spirit from that attack upon our nation.

Be with those who rescued and attempted to rescue those who died and were dying in the crime that was committed one year ago. Relieve their minds of any doubts, remove the scenes of desperation from their minds, and comfort them as only You can.

And, finally, Lord, we know that vengeance for such evil is Thine, and Thine alone. We ask only that You make our nation the instrument of Thy righteous vengeance.

All this we ask in Jesus' Name, Amen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:44:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Today I work alone at Summit Ammo.  I will rip a mag through an M-16 in their memory.

Balming
View Quote

I wish I could join you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:55:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Amen.  Well said Eric
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:58:47 AM EDT
[#36]
I raise my glass in memory of those who died a year ago today, the brave men of the NYPD and NYFD who raced up those towers, and to Todd Beamer and the rest who bravely fought back.

I will never forget what those bastards did to us one year ago.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Three thousand fallen
A year passes so quickly
Farewell, countrymen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#38]
It was a beautiful thing this morning!

Y'all missed out on something special!

Eric The(Teary-Eyed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I didn't miss it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#40]
9/11/02
Washington DC

I attended the 9/11 ceremony this morning with a moment of silence.

Made my pledge of allegiance to the flag, sang the National Anthem and listened to speeches.

I didn't miss anything....Fighter jets also flew overhead.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[b]Imbroglio[/b], we don't need to hear of your plans. If you are too busy, then there is no need to inform us.

I've never before heard of trolling a memorial thread before. Now I have.

Eric The()Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Geez! I was busy because I went to see a memorial.

Why are you being so hostile?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top