Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2002 9:55:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Herr Commandant: To answer your question, the law varies, at least in Arizona. If there is NOT a "Draw Permit" hunt in process (i.e. elk, firearms deer, antelope) you can bang away anywhere (safe, hopefully) you want, as much as you want, in a National Forest. This occurred to us last year while we were bowhunting in Coconino National Forest (a "non draw permit hunt"). A warden came through our camp to check licenses and tags (all the hunters had them) and there was a guy that had started banging away about 300yds away from us at around noon. We asked the warden about it and he explained the law, and said that at that time of the year, there was NOTHING he could do about it, the guy was perfectly legal (although he certainly wasn't helping our deer hunting). IF, however, there is a "draw" hunt occurring (a hunt where you must apply for a permit, and you were issued a permit) then YOU and ANY OTHER HUNTERS that were issued permits are the only persons alowed to hunt and/or shoot in that particular zone. So, if you were issued an elk permit, and filled your tag, you are allowed to go ahead and squirrel hunt if you wish (and they're in season, of course), but Billybob and his two sons, Darryl and Darryl, CANNOT squirrel hunt in that zone, until the "draw permit" hunt is over. Confused yet? That's not all-although Arizona is an open carry and "shall issue" concealed carry state, any non permit draw person IS NOT supposed to carry a firearm while in a draw permit zone. So, this means that if I go up just to play cards and stand around the campfire scratching my ass and talking about pu$$y with my friends that DID get drawn for deer or elk, (which I will be doing this year) I'm NOT SUPPOSED to have a firearm in my possession while there, even though I have a concealed carry permit. This makes sense, doesn't it? I go up to an area that is WAY BACK in the boonies, it's bear and mountain lion country, and the Gov't. and the Game and Fish, in all their infinite wisdom, wishes me to be disarmed? (hint: I DON'T THINK SO!!) Best bet is, sit down, grab your favorite beverage, and carefully read the regulations, including all those references to "except for as outlined in sub-section 13A of hunt rule #1301C". Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Start here:
[url]http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/map/state_list.shtml#Washington[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top