Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2002 12:46:17 AM EDT
I very well could have missed it - but I haven't seen any discussion on this board about "Comrade Moore's" latest movie.

Here is a link to give you a sense of the controversy involved here: [url]http://keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=3462[/url].

I guess I keep expecting to here something on this board - has anyone seen this yet?

The IMDB page for this movie: [url]http://us.imdb.com/Title?0310793[/url]

Adam
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The silence is deafening.

Has this thing even been released yet?
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Not commercially, but it is currently on the Film Festival circuit. I love the NYC, the bastion of liberals, is banning it because it blames America for the 9/11 tragedy.

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard a blurb on TV last night that Moore is 'taking to task' some national chain of movie theaters who have refused to show his 'anti-gun movie'. I didn't catch the name of the chain.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Notice the glowing reviews on the imdb are from a guy in Argentina and one from a guy in England?  They talk about the "gun culture" and America like they are fucking experts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Here in Toronto they premiered it at the film festival, some of the guy's at the range were throwing around the idea of picketeting the red carpet and booing moore himself when he got out of the limo.  But I have not been much of a protester, when I see all the anti's and commie types bitching and moaning and acting like babies on ritalin I just get sick to my stomach.  I considered going to see it, just to see what the deal is, but I would have ruined my weekend.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The silence is deafening.

Has this thing even been released yet?
View Quote

This is pretty funny!!  You post at 4 in the morning, then complain, "The silence is deafening"
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Michael Moore is a perfect example of an adult who as a child endured endless hours of "Fat
Fat the Water Rat".

One more bitter Limo Liberal....

[smoke]  
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
In the ony 5 minues I've EVER watched Phil Donohue (honest!), he was interviewing Michael Moore about this film. That alone should give you some idea of how desperate Moore is to publicize it.

[i]"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?" [/i]— from "Mike's Message for  09.22.2001" [url=http://michaelmoore.com/message/articles.php?Article=2001-09-22]http://michaelmoore.com/message/articles.php?Article=2001-09-22[/url]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Michael Moore is a piece of shit. Always was, always will be. Im not even going to read the article because whenever I hear that name, I throw-up whatever I have had to eat in the last 24 hours.

Oh man, that must've been the Yoplait...crap...I gotta go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top