Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2002 4:53:01 PM EDT
[url]http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-sfc.html?2002-08/20/11.00.sfc[/url]

Gross Joins Tremors Series

Michael Gross, who has appeared in all three Tremors movies, has signed on to reprise his character in the SCI FI Channel's upcoming original series based on the film franchise. In the show, which is also called Tremors, Gross (Family Ties) will again play Burt Gummer, a survivalist and monster hunter.

The series, which is set to debut in January 2003, takes place in Perfection Valley, home of giant, worm-like Graboids and other mutant monsters. David Israel, Brent Maddock, Nancy Roberts and Steve Wilson will executive produce, with Edward Ledding serving as producer.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 9/6/2002 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
FANTASTIC!!!   What fun...
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Tits [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's.  He could have guest appearances as Burt's republican yuppie son.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully the show is better than Tremors III which I found to be very disappointing.  I mean come on, how many gun nuts only carry 1 gun?  How many gun nuts have zero guns in their secure room?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't Michael Gross a huge anti-gun zealot in real life?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's all show for the Hollywood crowd.  When he plays Burt, you get to see the side of him he wouldn't dare show in real life. [:D] [url=www.dvdangle.com/fun_stuff/interviews/michael_gross/]"I have a twisted side to me that is largely untapped except by playing a character like Burt. It's great to get it out of my system from time to time."[/url]

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's all show for the Hollywood crowd.  When he plays Burt, you get to see the side of him he wouldn't dare show in real life. [:D] [url=www.dvdangle.com/fun_stuff/interviews/michael_gross/]"I have a twisted side to me that is largely untapped except by playing a character like Burt. It's great to get it out of my system from time to time."[/url]

Now how many of us have said those exact words right before our first gun purchase! the rest is history!

okay seriously, I bet he likes working with the guns on the set and stuff, he's probably slightly secretly becomming addicted like the reest of us, but he doesnt know it yet cuz he doesnt OWN them :)  Besides 90% of the people who have never held or fired a gun and talk a badly about them change their mind after they've actually shot one and realize its NOT so dangerous if treated/handled correctly..

NEver saw tremors 3, but i think they should have stopped after 1 :) 1 was fine.. 2 got campy and i'm betting 3 is like a tent in a city.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The best part of Tremors was watching little tiny Reba with all that heavy hardware.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#11]
It's about damn time. They make a series outa alot of BS movies. Finaly a good one. As long as Burt is the same it'll be worth watchin'.
[50] [heavy][pistol][shotgun][sniper][uzi]
[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I loved the name they gave the creatures in Tremors3.  ASS BLASTERS.  When the girl blew one up in the trailer, that line was funny as hell.

Hah, blast your own damn ass, ass blaster!
View Quote

I really wish we could find out the straight scoop on Michael Gross.  No one seems to know for sure.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Both Tremors 2 and Tremors 3 were on heavy rotation today on the SciFi channel.

Played both of them 2 times.

Tremors 3 is freaking hillarious if you manage to get a decent buzz.    Tremors 1 had a fair amount of Burt, Tremors 2 seemed to cut back on the Burt a little bit, then in Tremors 3 they gave ya about all the Burt you could stand and then tossed in a little more for good measure.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://flymeaway.net/images/burtand50.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I loved the name they gave the creatures in Tremors3.  ASS BLASTERS.  When the girl blew one up in the trailer, that line was funny as hell.

Hah, blast your own damn ass, ass blaster!
View Quote

View Quote
I thought that part was freaking hilarious.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw the same BS on the SCi/Fi channel also. Tremors 1 was pretty good, and 2 & 3 kinda okay, nothing to write home about. In the entertainment world, the actor's/actress' personal philosophy & beliefs may or may not reflect to their own personal opinion in real life; for them, it is like us who work for anti-gun company....well its a living.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Now how many of us have said those exact words right before our first gun purchase! the rest is history!

okay seriously, I bet he likes working with the guns on the set and stuff, he's probably slightly secretly becomming addicted like the reest of us, but he doesnt know it yet cuz he doesnt OWN them :)  Besides 90% of the people who have never held or fired a gun and talk a badly about them change their mind after they've actually shot one and realize its NOT so dangerous if treated/handled correctly..

NEver saw tremors 3, but i think they should have stopped after 1 :) 1 was fine.. 2 got campy and i'm betting 3 is like a tent in a city.
View Quote

Michael Gross [b]GREATLY[/b] enjoyed firing the Quad Fitty in Tremors III, from what he said on the DVD.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/30/2002 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#18]
From Tremors III:

Bert: And people call me paranoid.
Miguel: I don't...(whispers) anymore.

This is right after the Feds move in to "protect" the Graboids because they are an endangered species.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#19]
When they had tremors 2 on the scifi channel, why did they edit out burt saying: "I knew she wasn't coming back when she told me to send the HK91."? It is in the scene when he drives up in the truck and right before he shows the double rifle.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:19:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I love the tremors movies, mainly because of the Burt character.  Without him they would just be another lameass b-grade horror movie.  As it is they are b-grade horror movies with soul.

Can't wait for the series, during the 2nd and 3rd movies the other night they ran a couple adds for the series.  One has Burt blasting away with what looks like a M4gery (didn't get a good look, obviously an AR of some kind) and someone else handling a nice looking AK.  And that shot above with the Barrett is from the series, certainly has the ingredients to be sweet....

Hopefully they won't screw it up, I will be really disappointed if so...

Here's the official site for the series: [url]http://www.scifi.com/tremors/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#21]
In tremorsIII my favorate part was in the beginning with Burt on the DUAL 50. If you look close it is only a dual not a quad.

Without that character it isn't worth watching

"I feel that I was not given urgent need to know information"

"for the first time in my life...I am out of ammo"

SorryOciffer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top