Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2001 11:10:22 PM EDT
First, what is this I read about building an AR with and 80% lower? Can someone give me the specifics on this? Is this a viable option in CA or not? Where can one be purchased? Do the same laws apply to these as a normal lower?

Ok, any of you guys in Southern CA want to get a group together and buy that closed down range in Brea that I mentioned in an earlier post and re-open it?

Just a wild idea, but hey you never know.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I felt I had to reply if not so that you at least had one.  I know how hard it is to get info about this subject being in Ca. I've been trying to get info on building or buying my first AR with little success.  Of course can you blame anyone with the way things are going around here?  Wish I didn't live here myself, the country sounds nice, but I have family and friends tying me to So.Cal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey people in Cali. What about the Gogo gadgets lowers I have seen them on this board about a week ago. They said that the DOJ might give them a green light with them. They had a fixed 10 round mag and it was not considered an assault weapon. I forgot the web site but do a search on gogo gadgets. If you search the archives in the general discussion board for cali and ar's something like that you will find it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I head from someone that the sheepe hearders, when finding an AR without papers, will take the gun an let the courts decide.  If you build an 80% lower, which is legal since the name is not listed on their list, what are your plans when the sheepe hearders ask for your papers?

Recent CRPA Firing Line had a LEO state he will not enforce the law unless it's related to a criminal.  He also asked that all LEOs follow this plan.  So if you were following the rules shooting, they are suppose to ignore you.

Until the sheepe hearders show up[+]:d]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It would be well within your 2nd amendment rights to build and own whatever you want.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I head from someone that the sheepe hearders
View Quote

Sheep herders.  Shepherds.  If you must insist on using the same tired old insult, please get it right.  Unless thou didst attend Ye Olde Towne schoole at Centrepointe, or something else that I'm missing.

If you build an 80% lower, which is legal since the name is not listed on their list
View Quote

That is not quite right.  RR was expanded by ye olde AG to include all AR series weapons.  The above lowers will certainly fit into that description when they are finished.

Recent CRPA Firing Line had a LEO state he will not enforce the law unless it's related to a criminal.  He also asked that all LEOs follow this plan.  So if you were following the rules shooting, they are suppose to ignore you.
View Quote

I sure hope so.

Until the sheepe hearders show up[+]:d]
View Quote

Forsooth and verily hast thou spake well!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top