Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2013 11:44:29 AM EDT
Here' an email I got today:

Dear Mr. X:

I appreciate you taking the time to write my office regarding your concerns about Second Amendment rights. This issue is very important to me and I am equally concerned about the impact increased gun control measures could have on citizens who legally possess a firearm.

I believe the answer to decreasing gun violence is to make sure felons never acquire guns. My discussions with law enforcement officers suggest that most gun crimes are committed by those who are not legally allowed to possess one. In light of that, I support an increase in penalties for felons who are found to be illegally in possession of a firearm. My position specifically targets criminals and can reduce gun violence without infringing upon lawful citizens’ constitutional rights.

Thank you for making me aware of your position on this matter. I hope my response proves useful to you. Please feel free to contact me with additional questions or concerns.
Sincerely,

Representative Manweller  

Sounds pretty encouraging on the state level.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Good!  Better than my State reps...sad!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top