Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 6:48:19 PM EDT
Yesterday Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said he was "all in" concerning gun control and is fully behind Obama.  I responded by emailing the Mayor, and posting this on his facebook page.  

(in case you don't know, Mike Rawlings was Pizza Hut's CEO before he was elected Mayor)

Mayor's speach for reference

In light of Mayor Mike Rawlings most current comments regarding his anti 2nd amendment stance I will spend every extra penny that I have supporting any future candidate that opposes Mayor Rawlings. I would like to remind the Mayor that he has taken an oath to defend the Constitution, and his current actions are in direct opposition to his oath. In case Mayor Rawlings has forgotten his oath, I have copied it here for his benefit.

“I, Mike Rawlings, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of Mayor of the City of Dallas, of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God.”

If you do not like the 2nd amendment there is a process for changing it, it is the 5th article of the constitution. It explains that if you wish to alter an amendment, revoke an amendment, or add an amendment you need the following:

Super Majority of Congress (66%)
Super Majority of the Senate (66%)
And 3/4ths of the states must ratify the amendment (38 states)

I guess being a Pizza Hut employee really doesn't teach you constitutional law, or even basic government.

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings won his last election by a slim margin in a run-off election where he didn't even have an opposing candidate from the opposite party. Perhaps he should remember that, because a real opponent could be lurking in the shadows for the re-election.

I included this video:

Edited to fix my video embed
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Yesterday Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said he was "all in" concerning gun control and is fully behind Obama.  I responded by emailing the Mayor, and posting this on his facebook page.  
(in case you don't know, Mike Rawlings was Pizza Hut's CEO before he was elected Mayor)
In light of Mayor Mike Rawlings most current comments regarding his anti 2nd amendment stance I will spend every extra penny that I have supporting any future candidate that opposes Mayor Rawlings. I would like to remind the Mayor that he has taken an oath to defend the Constitution, and his current actions are in direct opposition to his oath. In case Mayor Rawlings has forgotten his oath, I have copied it here for his benefit.
"I, Mike Rawlings, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of Mayor of the City of Dallas, of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God.”
If you do not like the 2nd amendment there is a process for changing it, it is the 5th article of the constitution. It explains that if you wish to alter an amendment, revoke an amendment, or add an amendment you need the following:

I guess being a Pizza Hut employee really doesn't teach you constitutional law, or even basic government.
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings won his last election by a slim margin in a run-off election where he didn't even have an opposing candidate from the opposite party. Perhaps he should remember that, because a real opponent could be lurking in the shadows for the re-election.

I included this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TxHnCei4wzg

I see a big white box.

Here use this linky for your vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHnCei4wzg

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the fix.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's boycott Pizza Hut for good measure.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"I, Mike Rawlings, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of Mayor of the City of Dallas, of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God.”

I included this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TxHnCei4wzg

I see a big white box.

that guy is a absolute douche bag

Fuck him

I should mention the guy that got up and ask for this motion
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Meh, I haven't eaten Pizza Hut in like 12y.  When I look back to when I stopped eating there it coincides with Mike Rawlings taking over as CEO of Pizza Hut.  Correlation not causation and all, but interesting none the less.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The good news for people of Dallas is that Texas has pre-eminence of all state laws over city laws.  can't end up with a Chicago or DC or NYC here in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
California, figures.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Pizza Hut =

Papa Johns =

Papa Murphy's =
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a few years head start then.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The good news for people of Dallas is that Texas has pre-eminence of all state laws over city laws.  can't end up with a Chicago or DC or NYC here in Texas.

Damn right!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Et tu Dallas Mayer?

It doesn't surprise me when these fucks do this shit in NY, but in TX.  I hope you throw that bum out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Our man downtown will soon be our man in prison if the FBI pins him with the shit they are trying too.

Screw him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin are all shit heaps of liberal "gimmie gimmie gimmie" fookers all wanting free sh!t.  Those big cities are just as lost as detroit or chicago.  fortunately more Texas voters exist OUTSIDE those cities.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the comment

The bigger the city is the stupider the mayor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Dallas is really hit and miss on good mayors. I see his run as mayor a short one. A few weeks ago he came out saying the city will no longer allow gun shows in city buildings. Now this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Ann Richards went that route too, how did that work out?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#17]
FUCK EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE about Dallas politics!

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm just surprised that we have a mayor not currently residing in club fed.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Dallas is really hit and miss on good mayors. I see his run as mayor a short one. A few weeks ago he came out saying the city will no longer allow gun shows in city buildings. Now this.

When have we had a good one?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut =

Papa Johns =

Papa Murphy's =

Worked at a P-Murphs for 3 years in high school... the fact that I still eat it at least once a month should tell you all you need to know
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know where this cocksucker is from? I have been looking and can't find anything. Fucker is probably a yankee.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When have we had a good one?

Valid. I think every time a mayor is about to do some iffy. J Wiley does some thing outlandish, and distracts the media, so the mayor goes unnoticed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Our man downtown will soon be our man in prison if the FBI pins him with the shit they are trying too.

Screw him.

jwprice?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top