BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2013 5:05:38 PM EDT
Left intentionally cold:

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

Every person that signs that, sends an email to congress.  What do you think the message they're getting right now is?

The left absolutely has the market cornered on social media.  More people get their info from social media than anywhere else today.

Nobody is going to local gun shops with flyers to ensure that older, non-tech oriented people are being informed.  We're all depending on messes of facebook events, a couple of 'contact your reps' forms that only go to your specific representatives, and hoping and praying that the NRA is working for us.

We need to change the game.  Either drag the older people in kicking and screaming and get them up to speed on social media, or get the street teams out there with foot soldiers getting the word to them the old fashioned way.

I don't know what the answer is, but we are losing the war.  We already lost the battle of NY, and the war isn't looking good.  I don't know how loud you have to beg in order to have sufficient information sharing and a direction for action from above.

Point blank -- The 'contact your reps' links are NOT enough.

Thanks for listening.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Needs MOAR fire mission!

Email to friends who aren't Arfcomers!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have put Firemission there but it's pointless.  This goes beyond one poll and one contact form.  This goes to a refusal of our leaders to share the information they have with us, and put it into circulation in ways that will get everywhere.

Obama has a campaign apparatus at his disposal for things like this.  We can't even get a list of heavy hitters in Washington to pester.  It's sheer insanity.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly do you think Popvox is?  It's one big contact your rep link. Ruger's call to action has generated 900,000 letters to your reps.  We're not totally out of the game.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
call a couple friends every day. there is another rally coming up in feb (pretty sure the 8th). contact your local newspapers and let them know about the rally so they have a story to cover (also will get printed in their paper, which older folks read)
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Those "in favor" numbers have changed by only a couple thousand in the past 2 weeks there Sport.

Take your bullshit attitude and shove it. Write letters, donate to the NRA and punch yourself in the fucking throat when you feel like posting defeatist horseshit again.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Some people just dont understand the internet...
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They have gay-assed tweets.  We had the guns lost in boating accidents.

Hmm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I disagree...............we are going to win this one..............people are starting to wake up
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hmm.

You know, that's all reassuring but I kinda like the whole "fix it before we have to start shooting" approach.  I like life with infrastructure.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The opposite of the poll you linked to is also available. There are at a least a half dozen others on that site with similar wording where a AWB and or mag ban is overwhelmingly opposed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#11]

I was going to go to the link and post against it but I had already done so earlier tonight when Qweevox posted a link to Popvox.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Those "in favor" numbers have changed by only a couple thousand in the past 2 weeks there Sport.

Take your bullshit attitude and shove it. Write letters, donate to the NRA and punch yourself in the fucking throat when you feel like posting defeatist horseshit again.

What I was thinking............
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The opposite of the poll you linked to is also available. There are at a least a half dozen others on that site with similar wording where a AWB and or mag ban is overwhelmingly opposed.

+1

Here is Queevox's thread link to the Popvox site:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1415496_Get_off_the_bench__sign_up__join_us__and_get_IN_the_fight_______ARFCOM_FIGHT_CLUB_join_now.html

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#14]
A national ban is all but an afterthought now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#15]
oh course we are.. its just a mater of time. but we can slow the progression. what matters in the end what you can do for you family and we all stick together and draw the line in the sand. if we can do that, no matter what they try to do will not matter. most of us are law abiding citizen but when push comes to shove we must not let the unconstitional law corrupt of principle beliefs and morals and must do what is necessary no matter what cost. it will happen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What exactly do you think Popvox is?  It's one big contact your rep link. Ruger's call to action has generated 900,000 letters to your reps.  We're not totally out of the game.

this

just 'cuz the media isn't covering it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm.

You know, that's all reassuring but I kinda like the whole "fix it before we have to start shooting" approach.  I like life with infrastructure.

I wasn't advocating shooting anything.  Just pointing out that stupid Internet babble is just that.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#18]
My father is 73, and he's on popvox.com

Now I'm not saying that ALL you should do is use popvox.com, and social media.  But I think it's the LEAST you can do.  Consider it wiping your ass with at least ONE SWIPE, instead of just pulling up your briefs.

Absolutely DO MORE!

But at least take advantage of all the tools available

MY LINK IS HOT

Sign-up and DO MORE...by all means.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Nuts.   The HELL we've lost NY - we're fired up more than before!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Every other bill related to firearms is the other way on there the last time I checked, including similar ones about bans.

I think there are just a bunch of retards out there reading the title and not the actual description.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Committee is where this needs to die. All these petitions will mean little in the end IMO. It's all about dollars and numbers in the House.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

QFT.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Done.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Already hit that one a week or so ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Looking closely, it isn't even an enrolled bill yet (no HR or S. number assigned).  As much as Mikey Bloomberg would like, his organization of felons don't get to introduce bills on their own - although I'm sure they can find a useful idiot to help them out with that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Left intentionally cold:

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

Every person that signs that, sends an email to congress.  What do you think the message they're getting right now is?

The left absolutely has the market cornered on social media.  More people get their info from social media than anywhere else today.

Nobody is going to local gun shops with flyers to ensure that older, non-tech oriented people are being informed.  We're all depending on messes of facebook events, a couple of 'contact your reps' forms that only go to your specific representatives, and hoping and praying that the NRA is working for us.

We need to change the game.  Either drag the older people in kicking and screaming and get them up to speed on social media, or get the street teams out there with foot soldiers getting the word to them the old fashioned way.

I don't know what the answer is, but we are losing the war.  We already lost the battle of NY, and the war isn't looking good.  I don't know how loud you have to beg in order to have sufficient information sharing and a direction for action from above.

Thanks for listening.

I was at my LGS just recently. I put a few customers onto popvox. Also showed them the ruger link and the NRA-ILA link. Even the old guy wrote down the website.

My one neighbor who has never touched a computer just calls our rep. He's also been known to pay a visit to bitch about something old people bitch about.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I believe this, they are letting the states try to ban shit.  I attended a NRA rally in my state this weekend.  We had over 1500 people there.  This fight is just beginning BUT WE WILL WIN!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Committee is where this needs to die. All these petitions will mean little in the end IMO. It's all about dollars and numbers in the House.

Online petitions don't put commercials on TV during election season.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hehe..well said.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#31]
If this gets passed, a gun ban will be much easier to pass.

Call you Senators.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1427320__FIREMISSION__FILIBUSTER_REFORM_BILL_COULD_GET_VOTE_EARLY_AS_TOMMOROW___.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't think y'all realize that these piece of shit politicians don't give a flying fuck about what the people want.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I honestly don't think we are going to lose this one.

However, I do believe people need to wake the fuck up and watch their elected sociopaths like a hawk.  Learn from the leftist, their tactics work.  Use ALL the tools to educate yourself, and fight to win.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm constantly posting facts, statistics, sources, etc on my facebook.  I also constantly supply links to popvox bills, NRA membership deals, ways to contact your reps(usually places that even supply the letter for you).  My wall for the last few months has been nothing but shit like that.  I've also been hitting twitter every so often, and other places where this debate is taking place, making corrections and posting links.  I've been burning most of my free time on spreading real information to counter all the disinformation and while it is exhausting having to often type the same shit over and over, I have changed minds.

Social media is the new battleground.  I know some of you feel FB and twitter are fucking stupid, and they are, but the left is using the shit out of them right now to spread their bullshit on a massive scale.  We're being attacked on that front and you can't ignore that no matter what you think of the location.  Writing your reps and sending the NRA $25 every year is not enough.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I don't think y'all realize that these piece of shit politicians don't give a flying fuck about what the people want.

I know they like their jobs, salaries, benefits and power.

I know they want to keep what they have.

I will do EVERYTHING I can to let them know I'm watching what they do.  IF IT EVER goes HOT I can say what our founding father's could say, "I DID EVERYTHING I COULD BEFORE IT RESORTED TO VIOLENCE"

You do what you want, but I'm in this fight, right the fuck now.    

Sign-up, and join us brother, get off the bench, and fight

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I disagree...............we are going to win this one..............people are starting to wake up

Really ? I tried but the people are still sleeping. We just had the Pro 2nd rally this past Saturday and what maybe 30 to 50 Arfcomers showed around the country.
Look at the pic threads from Sat.and count the number of people that went from ARF.Supposedly there are 300,000 members registered on this site and at any given time there are 10 to 20 thousand people on AR15.COM ,and we get 30 people ?

I started another thread about the up coming rally's on Feb 8th,nobody cares, we are fucked.

Edit - I see another poster above this saying how we have to do this before resorting to violence ,yeah good luck on that, people wont get off the fucking couch to go to a rally but they will fight?  I don't think so.
They are going to cram this in our ass and we will bitch and moan and then go back to watching TV. Were are the riots in NY ?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I just joined, I'm seeing massive amounts of "opposition" to gun control legislation.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The biggest mistake you can make is underestimating them, dont do it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks for listening.

New York has been lost for a long time.
CA and the entire north east are next.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Added my comment to the petition because it pops up with the message:  "I oppose common sense legislation to end gun violence..."

I added this:

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because...

...this is not "common sense" legislation.  If you follow the same "common sense" you must also ban:  automobiles, airplanes, hammers, baseball bats, knives, sharp sticks, blunt objects, ropes, chains, bricks, rocks, and bows as well as arrows.

Don't give up because you don't think they listen.  They are taking notice and you sound like a defeatist puswah when you break out the mating call of the sheeple.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know they like their jobs, salaries, benefits and power.  

I know they want to keep what they have.

I will do EVERYTHING I can to let them know I'm watching what they do.  IF IT EVER goes HOT I can say what our founding father's could say, "I DID EVERYTHING I COULD BEFORE IT RESORTED TO VIOLENCE"

You do what you want, but I'm in this fight, right the fuck now.    

Sign-up, and join us brother, get off the bench, and fight

This is very important right here. We need to use all the tools available to us right now. There are people in Washington with our same beliefs. They need our help. We have to be able to say we tried to do it the right way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#43]
That's all well and good, but the older people I know who aren't into social media actually vote.
The younger ones? Eh, not so much. It's hit or miss.
It's votes that count in th end.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Funny--I'd say that the pro RKBA side owns the internet and the debate. It's the traditional media we are getting owned in.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I put the links on a simple page called dogonhunt.com.

People don't remember popvox, the NRA link, and the Ruger link - I printed out cards with www.dogonhunt.com on them and pass them out.

I gave out over 50 at the 2A rally this weekend, I hand one to everyone who will take one - feel free to spread the word to do the same.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#46]
The ones around me are definitely taking notice..............I have seen quite a few former Libs have an epiphany

Quoted:
Quoted:

Really ? I tried but the people are still sleeping. We just had the Pro 2nd rally this past Saturday and what maybe 30 to 50 Arfcomers showed around the country.
Look at the pic threads from Sat.and count the number of people that went from ARF.Supposedly there are 300,000 members registered on this site and at any given time there are 10 to 20 thousand people on AR15.COM ,and we get 30 people ?

I started another thread about the up coming rally's on Feb 8th,nobody cares, we are fucked.

Edit - I see another poster above this saying how we have to do this before resorting to violence ,yeah good luck on that, people wont get off the fucking couch to go to a rally but they will fight?  I don't think so.
They are going to cram this in our ass and we will bitch and moan and then go back to watching TV. Were are the riots in NY ?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#47]
But seriously, you guys make it sound like we are losing on popvox, and from what I can tell, every gun bill is going our way with 90%+ numbers on our side. I just did my part, but where is this "we suck at social media" defeatist attitude coming from?

ETA: We are winning against individual bills, but losing against the gun control agenda. Shows how lazy liberals are.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm constantly posting facts, statistics, sources, etc on my facebook.  I also constantly supply links to popvox bills, NRA membership deals, ways to contact your reps(usually places that even supply the letter for you).  My wall for the last few months has been nothing but shit like that.  I've also been hitting twitter every so often, and other places where this debate is taking place, making corrections and posting links.  I've been burning most of my free time on spreading real information to counter all the disinformation and while it is exhausting having to often type the same shit over and over, I have changed minds.

Social media is the new battleground.  I know some of you feel FB and twitter are fucking stupid, and they are, but the left is using the shit out of them right now to spread their bullshit on a massive scale.  We're being attacked on that front and you can't ignore that no matter what you think of the location.  Writing your reps and sending the NRA $25 every year is not enough.  

You're the kind if FB friend I block the shit out of.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Agreed.

So, here's the big dollar question:  How come we're not posting links to contact Bob Goodlatte or Mitch McConnell?

Why are we still just using the NRA's 'contact your reps' or this thing, which just contacts YOUR reps?

I said this a while ago, there's pertinent information that is not being promoted effectively by the alphabet organizations that we send money to.  They know every name of every person that can affect that change, they're not sharing it with us and they're sure not putting it into paper letters for LGS and older people.

I honestly think it's time to reorganize gun owners and elect our own president, establish our own heirarchy of information flow, from president to state reps to local reps to foot soldiers hitting stores with flyers.

Our opposition has all of this.  We've got the same contact your reps link from 6 people and the luxury of waiting for the NRA to give us morsels of direction.  Fuck. That (Read that in Yeager's voice for effect).

Props to Qweevox for finding this first.  This wasn't a firemission, this was a reality check.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The biggest mistake you can make is underestimating them, dont do it.

It's like people have forgotten what went down in NY.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top