Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:27:00 PM EDT
I don't have time to bust out the fusion every day or in the evenings and I like to use an electric razor to supplement. I want a good one this time, no more crappy ones.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Braun 3 series that I really like.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to post the same question. My beard grows fast and it's very coarse. I have tried rotary heads, straight foils from Remington, Norelco and Braun. None of them shave as close as a blade.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Norelco Sensotouch 3D and I love it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The 3 series is what i was looking to get if it got good reviews.

I am kind of done with the rotary shavers. However $150 is a lot to pay for something so I wanted to make sure they are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was going to post the same question. My beard grows fast and it's very coarse. I have tried rotary heads, straight foils from Remington, Norelco and Braun. None of them shave as close as a blade.

Yeah, I am not sure any electric will work as good as a razor but I don't always want to bother with lathering up.

I have tried rotary and foils, I think I like the foils better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Electrics suck.

Just suck it up and use a blade.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I am not sure any electric will work as good as a razor but I don't always want to bother with lathering up.

I have tried rotary and foils, I think I like the foils better.

Well, I suppose it depends on how much you shave (I'm fairly young and bald on top, so I shave the whole head), but it takes me longer with an electric than a blade.

And it's not close.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a Braun 7 series that lasted me 10 years.  The LCD display gave status on battery charge state, low cleaner alarm, and time until clean.  The cleaner was heated, so when it was done, it was done and ready to go.  Pretty much sterilized.  About 7 years in, the plastic mustache trimmer broke, and the coating started peeling off.  I didn't use the mustache trimmer much, as I have one that's dedicated.  When it hit the 10 year mark, the battery finally gave out to where it had to be corded only.  Would only hold a charge for about 3 minutes, and you could tell how much power was missing when it was unplugged.  For the money I spent, I was really happy.

I replaced it with a Braun 5 series about a year or so ago.  Quality of the shave is identical, it just doesn't have the nice LCD display, nor the heated cleaning.

I will buy another 5 or 7 series when this one gives out... 8.5 years to go and counting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a Norelco Sensotouch 3D and I love it.

Same here. Not as fast as a razor shave but just as close. I was actually shocked. It works better wet w/ shaving cream. I spent my life shaving with dull blades out of being too cheap so this was a valuable investment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
My first, and current electric razor is a Braun Series 7000.  I've had it for 6 years, and have had absolutely no problems at all.  I replace the blade and screen every 18 months. (Walgreens sells them)  I get a shave that's closer than I've ever had with a razor, and no neck rash!!  It was expensive, but has been worth every penny.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Panasonic Vortex.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the Braun 5 Series for Christmas and love it...  I'd been toying with switching to electric due to the INSANE prices being asked for Fusion cartridges...  Did the math, researched rotary vs foil, showed the wife, and a Braun was under the tree.

It takes me about 3 minutes... VERY close shave once you get the hang of it.. (Took a bit adjusting to going against the grain after 25 years of blade shaving.)
I dare say it's closer than the Fusion, but not as close as my straight razors (which I still enjoy, but not for daily shaves.)

Mine also came with the AA powered mobile shaver, so I can beat down my 5:00 shadow if I'm meeting the family out for dinner after work.  It used to be a 1:00 shadow with the Fusion, but like I said, this Braun shaves closer.

The cleaner system works great. The shaver is SPOTLESS and lemony fresh after a cleaning cycle... The only downside is it takes 4 hours... 5 minutes to clean, 3:55 to dry...  Not really a problem if you shave, shower, touch up if needed, then start the cleaning cycle. (Besides, if I miss a spot, I have the MobileShave in the truck..)

There is an adjustment period... For me it was about 2 weeks... but this is why all electric shave manufacturers offer a money-back guarantee of varying length.. Braun is 60 days.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My first, and current electric razor is a Braun Series 7000.  I've had it for 6 years, and have had absolutely no problems at all.  I replace the blade and screen every 18 months. (Walgreens sells them)  I get a shave that's closer than I've ever had with a razor, and no neck rash!!  It was expensive, but has been worth every penny.

Yeah, my concern was that since those were so much money, I just wanted to make sure it was worth the price.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Braun FTW

7 series pulsonic with cleaning station
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top