Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 10:19:30 AM EDT
Just read an interesting interview. Sounds like he is at least done with California.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/21589838/phil-mickelson-says-changes-coming-because-of-taxes

Can't hotlink due to mobile impaired.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#2]
"But if you add up, if you add up all the federal and you look at the
disability and the unemployment and the Social Security and the state,
my tax rate's 62, 63 percent
.  So I've got to make some decisions on
what I'm going to do."

-Phil Mickelson

Holy Fuck! I'd probably move too

Speed

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Sorry Phil, but you have to pay your fair share.

We're all in this together.

FORWARD.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The PGA is where professional sports money meets education.  Most of those guys will likely follow suit and move to Arizona and Florida and Texas to shield themselves from oppressive regimes who target their assets.  Unlike the average baseball, basketball, football player that loves the weather and attention they can get in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The PGA is where professional sports money meets education.  Most of those guys will likely follow suit and move to Arizona and Florida and Texas to shield themselves from oppressive regimes who target their assets.  Unlike the average baseball, basketball, football player that loves the weather and attention they can get in Kalifornia.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What makes in interesting is Phil is a longtime CA resident with roots there and and one of the most prominent pro golfers right now.

Phil leaving his home over taxes sends a political message to the state. Just like these famous actors who leave Hollywood.

A business leaving would cost the state a lot more in lost tax revenue, but a celebrity leaving makes more headlines

Speed

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like think to some  degree pro tennis would also qualify.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Phil is a good guy and it would not surprise me one bit if he lurks/posts here.

Very softspoken dude, generous and has none of the attitude/ego that many other pro athletes have.
Ultimately, he will probably keep his home(s) in southern California and become a primary resident of a state like AZ/TX or similar.
Just like most of my clients have.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#9]
He will labeled a racists by the liberal sports media...mark my word.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Good
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Taxing someone at 62 percent will make people not want to try anymore.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes in interesting is Phil is a longtime CA resident with roots there and and one of the most prominent pro golfers right now.
Phil leaving his home over taxes sends a political message to the state. Just like these famous actors who leave Hollywood.

A business leaving would cost the state a lot more in lost tax revenue, but a celebrity leaving makes more headlines

Speed

He was born, and lives in, San Diego.

The difference between him and actors, I believe, is even if actors do not live in California, the fact that their income comes from that state makes them subject to their taxes. I may be wrong about that, but I thought I read something along those lines.

Phil, however, travels the world, and probably only plays 2-4 of his yearly tourneys in California.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He will labeled a racists by the liberal sports media...mark my word.

Maybe. It'd be pretty hard to make that charge stick, though - at least, with anyone who follows golf.

Good for Phil, I say! GTFO of that shit-hole and tell the world - loudly - why! They'll be forced to listen, sooner or later.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
And just who does Phil think will pay to feed, educate and provide health care for all of the illegal immigrants in California if he runs off to another tax home?   What's the matter?  Doesn't Phil want to SHARE like Barry Soetoro wants him to?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top