Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 3:20:42 AM EDT

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude can lay down a hit.  Was never a great cover safety but damn he could hit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dude can lay down a hit.  Was never a great cover safety but damn he could hit.

hit Welker so hard, Wes was afraid to catch a ball the rest of the game.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
He played for the Texans for a while and while our safety's are pretty good, neither of them bring the wood like he did.  His main downside was not being good at covering in the open field and the personal foul calls he was likely to get.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Intentionally demolished Tom Brady's knee in 2008.

Fell on Wes Welker's knee after watching it buckle in 2010.

Intentionally made a helmet-to-helmet hit on Stevan Ridley that took Ridley out of the game last night.

I don't think Pollard like the Patriots much.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Brady '08
Welker '09
Gronkowski '12
Ridley '13

That's quite an antler collection.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't watch the game.  Was the guy he hit OK?  Looks like he had the classic stiff arm/lights are out/no one is home after taking that shot.

Screw the patriots!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it was "nightie night" after that hit. Ridley was laying there praising Jesus with his hands lifted high for about three or four minutes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
He hit pollard just as hard as pollard hit him when you see it in slo mo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Intentionally made a helmet-to-helmet hit on Stevan Ridley that took Ridley out of the game last night.

Might want to watch the replay. Pollard was in a good position to make a good form tackle. Ridley is the one who ducked his head and went helmet to helmet with Pollard.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:19:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually looks like the rb knocked himself out.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Meh, Ridley did most of the work there. Practically knocked himself out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:21:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might want to watch the replay. Pollard was in a good position to make a good form tackle. Ridley is the one who ducked his head and went helmet to helmet with Pollard.

I think that's part of the reason why there isn't a helmet to helmet penalty when tackling a runner.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just messin'.  Football is a dangerous sport, and yeah, helmets come together.

I'd like to see a return to leather helmets and no pads, personally.  You know, kind of like rugby...

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Brady '08
Welker '09
Gronkowski '12
Ridley '13

That's quite an antler collection.

Dude injures more patriots than the damn Redcoats did in the revolutionary war.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:34:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's part of the reason why there isn't a helmet to helmet penalty when tackling a runner.

WHAT?!?! You couldn't be more wrong. Any helmet to helmet hit is a 15 yard personal foul with a fine generally carried along with it. Pollard's hit above on Ridley was as dirty as dirty hits get. It wasn't a huge hit, it was just dirty. Not impressed at all. The hit on Pitta was WAYYYY harder and legal. That's how you make a tackle. BTW I'm neither a Ravens nor Pats fan.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT?!?! You couldn't be more wrong. Any helmet to helmet hit is a 15 yard personal foul with a fine generally carried along with it. Pollard's hit above on Ridley was as dirty as dirty hits get. It wasn't a huge hit, it was just dirty. Not impressed at all. The hit on Pitta was WAYYYY harder and legal. That's how you make a tackle. BTW I'm neither a Ravens nor Pats fan.

Not even close to accurate.  Look up the rule.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then next weekend should be just your kind of game.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top