Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 2:41:19 AM EDT
Saw this a few minutes ago.

http://cumberlink.com/news/world/in-mexico-self-defense-squads-battle-violence/image_782ba763-b378-587e-8c17-098229e9a2cd.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, that just what I want to do.....

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:51:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Waiiiiit a sec here.........

I thought all the guns in mexico came from the US??? How cna they have the autos if they do!?!?!?!?!?!

I feel sorry for those honest people that have to suffer though Gov't makes the Law Abiding suffer while the cartels run rampant with whatever the hell they want.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I thought all the guns in mexico came from the US??? How cna they have the autos if they do!?!?!?!?!?!

I feel sorry for those honest people that have to suffer though Gov't makes the Law Abiding suffer while the cartels run rampant with whatever the hell they want.

All the guns the cartels have come from the US.
The peasants don't have a connection to Holder & Zero.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The gun ban in Mexico has nothing to do with safety. Restricting arms ownership came about to prevent Mexican people from rising up against it's government again.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:24:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, if they were properly armed maybe they could do something about the tyranny of their government and be in a position to protect life limb and property. Wait, they don't have a 2nd, never mind.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The best way to stay alive when only armed with hunting rifles is to be preemptive and go hunting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:29:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The best way to stay alive when only armed with hunting rifles is to be preemptive and go hunting.

Was thinking that too.... Lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:30:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Unpossible.  New York City and England effectively banned guns, and since then their murder rate has dropped to 0.

Shenanigans!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:31:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Looking across the border lets you know where we will be heading if the govt suceeds in getting our guns....
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if they were properly armed maybe they could do something about the tyranny of their government and be in a position to protect life limb and property. Wait, they don't have a 2nd, never mind.

The existence or not of a 2nd Amendment type piece of law, does not, or has it ever, stopped people from rising up against tyrannical governments.

Illegally taking government weapons, and outside nations support is what normally makes it viable.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#11]
They used to have this:

Artículo 10: Todo hombre tiene derecho de poseer y portar armas para su seguridad y legítima defensa. La ley señalará cuáles son las prohibidas y la pena en que incurren los que las portaren

English - Article 10: Every man has the right to keep and to bear arms for his security and legitimate defense. The law will indicate which arms are prohibited and the penalty that will be incurred for those who would carry such
http://www.juridicas.unam.mx/infjur/leg/conshist/pdf/1857.pdf

It morphed to this after the last revolution:

Artículo 10: Los habitantes de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos tienen libertad de poseer armas de cualquiera clase, para su seguridad y legítima defensa, hecha excepción de las prohibidas expresamente por la ley y de las que la nación reserve para el uso exclusivo del Ejército, Armada y Guardia Nacional; pero no podrán portarlas en las poblaciones sin sujetarse a los reglamentos de policía.

English - Article 10: Residents of the United Mexican States are free to possess weapons of any type, for their security and legitimate defense, with the exception of those expressly prohibited by law and that the nation reserves for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy and National Guard; however they are not to be carried within populations without being subject to police regulations.

http://www.diputados.gob.mx/LeyesBiblio/ref/cpeum/CPEUM_orig_05feb1917_ima.pdf

Now they have this, after amendments:

Artículo 10: Los habitantes de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos tienen derecho a poseer armas en su domicilio, para seguridad y legítima defensa, con excepción de las prohibidas por la ley federal y de las reservadas para el uso exclusivo del Ejército, Armada, Fuerza Aérea y Guardia Nacional. La ley federal determinará los casos, condiciones, requisitos y lugares en que se podrá autorizar a los habitantes la portación de armas.

English - Article 10: Residents of the United Mexican States have the right to keep arms in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, with the exception of those prohibited by federal law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National Guard. Federal law will determine the cases, conditions, requirements, and locations in which the carrying of arms will be authorized to residents.

http://www.diputados.gob.mx/LeyesBiblio/pdf/1.pdf

Let this be a lesson for some of the "reset" crowd.

EDITED to add translations.

Notice, the "right" is now an absolute joke.  It is not a right at all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The existence or not of a 2nd Amendment type piece of law, does not, or has it ever, stopped people from rising up against tyrannical governments.

Illegally taking government weapons, and outside nations support is what normally makes it viable.

The irony here is, of course, that Mexico has had armed revolutions since its founding - with each leading to less gun rights for the average citizen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]
i thought all gun ownership by citizens was recently made illegal
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The irony here is, of course, that Mexico has had armed revolutions since its founding - with each leading to less gun rights for the average citizen.

I know, just sayin', most revolutions, especially successful ones, are carried out with illegal weapons.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They used to have this:

<snip>

For those of you who don't know espanol:

Original:

Article 10: Everyone has the right to keep and bear arms for their security and self-defense. The law shall specify what the prohibited and the penalty incurred by the portaren

Post revoloution:

Article 10: The people of the United Mexican States are free to possess weapons of any kind, for their security and legitimate defense, except those made &#8203;&#8203;expressly prohibited by law and that the nation reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy and National Guard, but can not carry them in populations not subject to police regulations

Most recent:

Article 10: The people of the United Mexican States have the right to own guns in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, except those prohibited by federal law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National guard. Federal law shall determine the cases, conditions, requirements and locations where residents may authorize the carrying of weapons.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:52:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Another lesson is that the Left in Mexico was happy to support firearms ownership when it suited their purposes (mainly arming mobs to destroy churches, loot businesses and expropriate property) but, as soon as they metastasized into the PRI/establishment left, completely changed their tune.

Very similar in the US, in the sense that gun possession in the Black community, despite being more prevalent and violent, gets a pass by the Left, while restricting gun possession among middle class White people seems a Holy Mission among the Left.

Very definitely a lesson there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
They used to have this:
<snip>

For those of you who don't know espanol:

Original:
Article 10: Everyone has the right to keep and bear arms for their security and self-defense. The law shall specify what the prohibited and the penalty incurred by the portaren

Post revoloution:
Article 10: The people of the United Mexican States are free to possess weapons of any kind, for their security and legitimate defense, except those made ​​expressly prohibited by law and that the nation reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy and National Guard, but can not carry them in populations not subject to police regulations

Most recent:
Article 10: The people of the United Mexican States have the right to own guns in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, except those prohibited by federal law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National guard. Federal law shall determine the cases, conditions, requirements and locations where residents may authorize the carrying of weapons.

Sorry, I meant to get back and provide an English translation then work got crazy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#18]
If I understand correctly there is only one gun store in all of Mexico, it's in Mexico City and run by the Army.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, just sayin', most revolutions, especially successful ones, are carried out with illegal weapons.

Interestingly, countries that have allowed a widespread and no shit legitimate right to bear arms never seem to get bad enough to provoke a revolution.

There may also be a lesson there, as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I understand correctly there is only one gun store in all of Mexico, it's in Mexico City and run by the Army.

I've seen that on Wikipedia, have not been able to confirm.  Nobody I know down there knows of any, period.  

FWIW, Mexico is chock full of illegal guns - and not just those in the hands of cartels.  Most, though, most date back to the first half of the 20th century, are in the hands of the descendants of the original owners, are in disrepair, and lack ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Chairman Mao said it best:  "Kill your enemy, take his gun."  Pretty soon the citizens of Meico would be carrying formerly cartel-owned assault weapons and the hunting rifles would be hanging on the wall above the fireplace.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

snip

Interestingly, countries that have allowed a widespread and no shit legitimate right to bear arms never seem to get bad enough to provoke a revolution.

There may also be a lesson there, as well.

Funny how that works!

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top