User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2002 10:42:41 AM EDT
Did you get booted from DU?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes he did.  A damn shame!
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
His >1800 posts on gun control must have been more truth than the DU could handle from one person.

He is a fine debator.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
His >1800 posts on gun control must have been more truth than the DU could handle from one person.

He is a fine debator.
View Quote

A masterdebator.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  Yes I did.  Thanks for asking.

("Masterdebator" - veeerrry funny.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
That IS a damn shame...main reason I ever went over there was to go to the Legal/Justice/Guns section and watch K(h)baker kick the living crap out of all comers. No real reason to go back again, I guess.

What did they ban you for? Or had they just had enough embarassment?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems they found a right to keep and bear arms written by a K.Baker. The writing contained comments made by the author about the election in Florida that DU did not care for.

They actually called him conservative, and for that reason banned him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to thank everybody who wrote good things about my DU posts.  I've even gotten some complimentary e-mails and not a single nastygram from the DU denizens.  I didn't realize that many of you went over there and read that stuff.

I am going to miss messing with them, but I was spending so much time over there it was affecting my work.  I was going to have to cut back drastically or quit entirely, and then I come in one morning and find out I've been booted by nothing less than the [i]ADMINISTRATOR[/i].  Not only that, but he had to [i]justify[/i] it to the audience by posting the op-ed so they could then pat themselves on the back for disregarding everything I wrote there.  I must've done more damage than I thought.  I've notice that the administrator is hanging around a lot in the Gun Dungeon lately, too.  That is amusing.

I find in fascinating that in 60 responses to that thread, only one or two posters have questioned the "who did you vote for" litmus test, and very, very few have responded.

Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top