[#3]

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Do I think we are heading down a path that is going to end very very badly? Yes

Do I think everything is going to collapse and we are past the point of no return RIGHT NOW?  No

In 4 years Zero will be out and hopefully we will have someone with common sense running things and can get this ship going back in the right direction.  Furthermore, i'm betting in 2 years the house stays red and the senate swings back red and Zero can't do anything meaningful.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet like so many others here....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do I think everything is going to collapse and we are past the point of no return RIGHT NOW?  No

In 4 years Zero will be out and hopefully we will have someone with common sense running things and can get this ship going back in the right direction.

Unfortunately, that will not happen.  The last election marked the turning point were the welfare class decides the presidency,

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#8]
No, it won't collapse a la Zimbabwe or Argentina.  China and Europe have too much skin in the game to let it happen.

What will happen is a continuation of the slow decline that started in 2007.  The poor will become destitute, the middle class will become poor, the professional class will become middle class, and the rich will get richer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 4 years Zero will be out and hopefully we will have someone with common sense running things and can get this ship going back in the right direction.

Unfortunately, that will not happen.  The last election marked the turning point were the welfare class decides the presidency,

Can't compete with Santa Claus. 10-15 million amnestied folks from Mexico and central/south America will slam that door shut for good.

See Greece for reference. On the verge of default, they attempt to put austerity measures in place and the FSA hits the streets protesting for moar free stuffs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:25:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

No, it won't collapse a la Zimbabwe or Argentina. China and Europe have too much skin in the game to let it happen.

What will happen is a continuation of the slow decline that started in 2007. The poor will become destitute, the middle class will become poor, the professional class will become middle class, and the rich will get richer.

Seems about right.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

In 4 years Zero will be out and hopefully we will have someone with common sense running things and can get this ship going back in the right direction.  Furthermore, i'm betting in 2 years the house stays red and the senate swings back red and Zero can't do anything meaningful.

Very optimistic, but the current path we're taking isn't looking very well.

The Republicans and Democrats continue to spend like drunken sailors, so the people form the Tea Party to slow things down. Unfortunately, they're labeled as racists and homophobes for wanting to cut spending which includes entitlements for minorities.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Bill on Monday: People need to wake up and get the govt under control................

Bill on Tuesday: You have no right to those weapons, fed should ban this, ban that.......

Fuck that gun grabbing piece of statist shit.  He loves big govt, just not this kind of big govt. Again FUCK HIM
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No, it won't collapse a la Zimbabwe or Argentina.  China and Europe have too much skin in the game to let it happen.

What will happen is a continuation of the slow decline that started in 2007.  The poor will become destitute, the middle class will become poor, the professional class will become middle class, and the rich will get richer.

yep

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:27:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Spot on.

Which is a  rarity for  Oreilly these  days.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very optimistic, but the current path we're taking isn't looking very well.

The Republicans and Democrats continue to spend like drunken sailors, so the people form the Tea Party to slow things down. Unfortunately, they're labeled as racists and homophobes for wanting to cut spending which includes entitlements for minorities.

I'm confident that the working class is a gaint sleeping bear  about to be woken up.  America hasn't hit the bottom yet, but when it does, sweeping changes are going to be on the horizon.  Hopefully for the better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I agree that the overall American lifestyle will take a hit, but people will continue to move up and down the economic strata like they always have.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Spot on. And I still get a lil surprised to hear O'reilly talk straight up about things like that.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bill on Monday: People need to wake up and get the govt under control................

Bill on Tuesday: You have no right to those weapons, fed should ban this, ban that.......

Fuck that gun grabbing piece of statist shit.  He loves big govt, just not this kind of big govt. Again FUCK HIM

That's what confuses me sometimes about him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What will happen is a continuation of the slow decline that started in 2007.  The poor will become destitute, the middle class will become poor, the professional class will become middle class poor, and the rich will get richer.

Almost spot on.  According to the books I've read (Ferguson's The Death of Money, Eisenmenger's Blockade, Roth's Depression Diary) the demand for professionals like scientists, professors (universities will shrink with student decline), grade school teachers (expect a hugh haircut), lawyers, architects, won't be there.  It's producers like farmers who will survive (if the city folk don't steal all their crops or livestock), people with technical skills who can barter (plumbers, machinists, mechanics, electricians, medical professionals) who will survive.  Of course, the rich who aren't destroyed by the collapse  (no shortage of them who lost millions today and there will be more) will be less impacted by the depression because they'll have something most of us wont:  disposable capital.  

Those with liquidity can position themselves to earn great wealth in the future.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#21]
He's still a dick
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#22]
The "fiscal cliff deal" has proven to me that DC is incapable of meaningfully addressing the issues facing this country.

For every $1 of spending cuts, $43 dollars of new taxes were passed.  They simply are unwilling to curb spending like a spoiled child.
DC realizes that what needs to be done results in THEIR losing their jobs, and are unwilling to make that sacrifice-- to they kick the can down the road, hopefully until they are ready to retire.  In other words, it is business as usual in DC.

Because of this, collapse WILL come.  The million dollar question is how long can we keep it moving along before the inevitable happens.

Granted, collapse is a very relative term.  Because of the interdependency that exist, the "collapse" will be practically universal.  In the brokerage industry, we used to have a saying that "A Rising Tide Floats All Boats."  I suppose that it could also be said that "A Falling Tide Grounds All Boats."

It will be interesting what it looks like.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the presidency...those types don't tend to vote in congressional elections.

I have a feeling that will change soon, though. Our only hope is that not happening and getting both houses.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#24]
News to be about  bill being a grabber.   Everytime ive heard him since obamas executive orders hes been defending all gun owners.  Even ar15s and ak47 ownership to the point of yelling at the grabbers
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Really Bill? This is a shocking revelation, shocking I dare say, shocking. Welcome to 2010 you frickin moron.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Just hearing the name "O'Reilly"............I can't get the louffa sponge out of my mind.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Spot on. And I still get a lil surprised to hear O'reilly talk straight up about things like that.

He's pandering to popular sentiment by stating the obvious.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what confuses me sometimes about him.

He panders to big government Republicans and Democrats, then every once in awhile drops a conservative rap to keep the right tuning in.

SOP.

Keep in mind, the man's an entertainer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter who's in the House and Senate, the debt will continue to be piled on, spending won't be significantally cut, and the debt ceiling will continue to be raised.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#30]
He is just figuring this out now?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that the overall American lifestyle will take a hit, but people will continue to move up and down the economic strata like they always have.

What you say is true.  However, whereas before 100 went down and 5 went up, now it will be 10,000 go down and 2 go up.
After all, the lottery is as popular as ever
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

In 4 years Zero will be out and hopefully we will have someone with common sense running things

On what do you base your hope for an improvement after Obama is done?  The nation was in very bad shape in November and Obama won convincingly.  I see no reason to expect a different result next time.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How many people do you know who've moved up the ladder since ~ 2004? I'll tell you this,I was driving a Mercedes and a Land Rover in 2004.I went looking for a "new" car yesterday and was tire kicking used Mazda 3s. I ain't the only one and I'm lucky at that.Sure,some have but a hell of a lot more of us have tumbled down a few rungs.In actual monetary terms,my household income is about $50k per year less.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#36]
He's right, those that care are now outnumbered by those that could care less, the uneducated and the lazy.  The liberal politicians know whats coming which is why they so desperately want our guns.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They told him to do a little " Beck " to get the magic back.  

Yeah, I know, wrong Beck.  

Have you guys been inhaling too much Dillo dust, lately?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Both sides have overpromised to their campaign contributors.  Neither side is willing to cut.  Thus we will see $1T+ deficits until................the "market" corrects itself.

As long as we stay in this somewhat weakened economic condition, economic events both here and abroad will continue to be amplified, causing minor and major ripples here.  

Is there a single event or series of events that can take the whole thing down?  I think so.  Is it likely to happen.  We're going to find out, one way or the other.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Both sides have overpromised to their campaign contributors.  Neither side is willing to cut.  Thus we will see $1T+ deficits until................the "market" corrects itself.

Yup.

One of the reasons the wife and I are looking at moving west is to not be near DC when the shit sandwich needs biting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

In 4 years.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

As long as we stay in this somewhat weakened economic condition, economic events both here and abroad will continue to be amplified, causing minor and major ripples here.  

Is there a single event or series of events that can take the whole thing down?  I think so.  Is it likely to happen.  We're going to find out, one way or the other.

BOL!

My wife recently inherited a good bit of gold from her father's estate.

Should we sell it and invest the proceeds?

I suggest you keep it. There may come a time when we wish we had more of the same.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#42]
I think a large part of America sees what is coming and that is the reason for the gun buying panic going on for the last 4 years.  When the FSA checks quit arriving it will be very ugly in this country.  Status quo cannot continue and we are already past the point of no return.  No Idea how long we have through considering Japan has pulled this off for over twenty years now and they are still devaluing on a near weekly basis now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No, he just stirred up a little drama languishing in the archives to bump his ratings

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think a large part of America sees what is coming and that is the reason for the gun buying panic going on for the last 4 years.  When the FSA checks quit arriving it will be very ugly in this country. Status quo cannot continue and we are already past the point of no return.  No Idea how long we have through considering Japan has pulled this off for over twenty years now and they are still devaluing on a near weekly basis now.

The checks will NEVER stop going out.
Even if the currency behind them is worthless.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In 4 years Zero will be out and hopefully we will have someone with common sense running things

On what do you base your hope for an improvement after Obama is done?  The nation was in very bad shape in November and Obama won convincingly.  I see no reason to expect a different result next time.  

I cannot imagine how a Repub will EVER be elected again.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think a large part of America sees what is coming and that is the reason for the gun buying panic going on for the last 4 years.  When the FSA checks quit arriving it will be very ugly in this country. Status quo cannot continue and we are already past the point of no return.  No Idea how long we have through considering Japan has pulled this off for over twenty years now and they are still devaluing on a near weekly basis now.

The checks will NEVER stop going out.
Even if the currency behind them is worthless.

When that check will only buy them a one or two day supply of Crack, TSWHTF!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he just stirred up a little drama languishing in the archives to bump his ratings

This is what ALL the broadcast media is doing - 24/7.  Note that Piers Morgan and O-"Really?" are doing almost the same thing.  So, at least for me, all credibility for broadcast media (and signifiant portions of print media) is gone.  Watching/listening to them to gain an understanding of something is a total waste of time.  IMHO, and YMMV, and FIFY.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Whether he's right or wrong, he's still a media whore, a lackey........just like most of the MSM and Hollyweird types.

Fuck Dill O'Reilly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Then you simply do not understand the magnitude of our nation's financial problems. It's just math at this point...our last chance to _maybe_ stave off the inevitable was in 2007/2008, and our politicians opted to continue kicking the can down the road a few more years. You should read old posts from Karl Denninger's blog, and Zerohedge.com, to get a better understanding of our problems, and why big changes are unavoidable at this point.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top