Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2013 3:26:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Just one more reason I'm glad I don't live there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:46:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Global warming is soooo 1990s.

We have to stop climate change now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep.  I was talking with an Obama voter and asked him if he believed humans are causing global warming.

"Of course", he said.

"Do you know that there have been several ice ages in which glaciers came as far south as Ohio?", I asked.

"Yeah", he said.

"Well without humans to cause them to melt, what caused the global warming that led to the glaciers' melting?", I asked.

"Hmmmmm. I am not sure. I'll have to think about that", he said.

Confirmation once again: Liberals are idiots.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:05:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  I was talking with an Obama voter and asked him if he believed humans are causing global warming.

"Of course", he said.

"Do you know that there have been several ice ages in which glaciers came as far south as Ohio?", I asked.

"Yeah", he said.

"Well without humans to cause them to melt, what caused the global warming that led to the glaciers' melting?", I asked.

Many here believe in man made warming to.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Of course", he said.

"Yeah", he said.

It's funny how global warming is local.  The other side of the planet is inundated with snow and ice, but we have a mild winter here...  Global warming.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Looks like Buffalo in '77  !

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont believe in the whole global warming thing but the argument is that since there is global warming the air holds more moisture and when it collides with cold zones it creates more than normal snowfalls.
I cant say I believe it though, when I was a kid it used to snow all the time here and good fun snow too.
Now it just rains all winter and we deal with ice more than snow.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Of course", he said.

"Yeah", he said.

Many here believe in man made warming too.

As he stated, idiots. They are idiots to really think that humans are turning a 26,000 mile rock on it's ass and making everything change.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#9]
With windchills at 5 below zero I am having a hard time grasping global warming.

Oh wait............extreme cold temperatures means global warming.

How stupid of me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With windchills at 5 below zero I am having a hard time grasping global warming.

How stupid of me.

This is exactly the problem. No matter what it is; record snow fall or a glacier growing it'll always be chalked up to 'global warming'. Where's Mr Gore been these past 5 years anyhow?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How stupid of me.

This is exactly the problem. No matter what it is; record snow fall or a glacier growing it'll always be chalked up to 'global warming'. Where's Mr Gore been these past 5 years anyhow?
Of late, he's been counting his money from those terrible global warming oil barrons,  the Qatar-based Al Jazeera.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, where do you put it to get it out of the way
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember when it snowed more than a few inches a year here
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#15]
It's -6f here right now. Supposed to go to -14f tonight.

Warming?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's -6f here right now. Supposed to go to -14f tonight.

Warming?

You're in MN,that is warm for this time of year.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Of course", he said.

"Yeah", he said.

I know the earth goes through cycles, but the amount of garbage, pollutants, and toxins humans put into the air, water, and ground. Can't be good….I am all for recycling and a cleaner earth. (I collect range lead too ) The fact is we put a stress on the earth and one day everything will balance itself back out again…I support different forms of energy because there IS a finite amount of fossil fuels. It might not be something my generation has to worry about but maybe my kid, or their kids will. And the worlds population is growing every day…But I don't think there is the extreme urgency that this administration is porting. And I believe these technologies should come naturally though private development.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know the earth goes through cycles, but the amount of garbage, pollutants, and toxins humans put into the air, water, and ground. Can't be good….I am all for recycling and a cleaner earth. (I collect range lead too ) The fact is we put a stress on the earth and one day everything will balance itself back out again…

Actually things have gotten quite a bit cleaner in modern times. The issue is that CO2 isn't pollution, the left wants to define it as that, so it can wage war on carbon based energy.

Quoted:
I support different forms of energy because there IS a finite amount of fossil fuels. It might not be something my generation has to worry about but maybe my kid, or their kids will. And the worlds population is growing every day…But I don't think there is the extreme urgency that this administration is porting. And I believe these technologies should come naturally though private development.

In the US we have found HUGE quantities of oil and NG recently. We won't have to worry about other forms of energy in a very long time, and very likely wind and solar will never really work. We have hundreds of years of carbon based enery.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the earth goes through cycles, but the amount of garbage, pollutants, and toxins humans put into the air, water, and ground. Can't be good….I am all for recycling and a cleaner earth. (I collect range lead too ) The fact is we put a stress on the earth and one day everything will balance itself back out again…

Actually things have gotten quite a bit cleaner in modern times. The issue is that CO2 isn't pollution, the left wants to define it as that, so it can wage war on carbon based energy.

Quoted:
I support different forms of energy because there IS a finite amount of fossil fuels. It might not be something my generation has to worry about but maybe my kid, or their kids will. And the worlds population is growing every day…But I don't think there is the extreme urgency that this administration is porting. And I believe these technologies should come naturally though private development.

In the US we have found HUGE quantities of oil and NG recently. We won't have to worry about other forms of energy in a very long time, and very likely wind and solar will never really work. We have hundreds of years of carbon based enery.

Yes I know that, I was talking about lots of other shit too. Maybe not very relevant to this discussion

Yes I have taken seminars on fracking. I know Obama is very anti fracking. In these seminars they basically debunked the most common arguments against fracking. There have been a lot of tests done. As long as it is done correctly it is safe and very productive. I don't believe in wind power on a large scale. Maybe solar will improve some day, but I don't know too much about it. I have liked nuclear power, but that has its issues too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top