Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2013 11:58:42 PM EDT
I've seen lots of anti's saying nobody should be able to have horrible AR's for the same reason people can't own a bomb or a WMD. Instead of arguing with them, tell them to Google the word flamethrower and ask them how they feel that flamethrower's are legal in most places. Ask them if they think a flamethrower might be as deadly as a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've seen lots of anti's saying nobody should be able to have horrible AR's for the same reason people can't own a bomb or a WMD. Instead of arguing with them, tell them to Google the word flamethrower and ask them how they feel that flamethrower's are legal in most places. Ask them if they think a flamethrower might be a deadly as a rifle.

shall not be infringed.

why do we waste time debating anything less?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
What are the legalities of  a flamethrower anyway? I got a chance to play with one once. I remember it as being cool, but rather unpleasant.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What are the legalities of  a flamethrower anyway? I got a chance to play with one once. I remember it as being cool, but rather unpleasant.

Cpt. Redleg

Are you sure it wasn't a snowblower?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg

AFAIK, they are just pricey, but I don't remember any special licensing.
That being said, its been a few years since I was around one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
A flamethrower would be devastating in a movie theater or classroom.

Do they really want crazy people to resort to flamethrowers?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Just hold on, some Lib will read this and then no flamethrower.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And there is no way to completely rid the country of them because they are so easy to make, a hardware store like Lowes has all the parts you'd need to make a very effective flame thrower. A trip to a place that sells beer kegs would make it even better because you could pick up 3 CO2 cylinders and run even higher pressure than you could with just standard compressed air tanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#9]
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.  

arm 2  (ärm)
n.
1. A weapon, especially a firearm: troops bearing arms; ICBMs, bombs, and other nuclear arms.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't give the left any more ideas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#11]
The FLAMETHROWER:  evidence that someone once said "hey, I wish I had a way to set those guys way over there on fire".
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#12]
A better counter to the point, without noting the legality of oh-so-fun flamethrowers, is to start talking about the difference between arms and ordnance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The FLAMETHROWER:  evidence that someone once said "hey, I wish I had a way to set those guys way over there on fire".

But I'm way too far away to get the job done.....

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:20:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg

Federal law doesn't address them at all.  Individual state regs may vary.  In most places, they are considered agricultural tools.

I think it's amusing that flame throwers aren't firearms.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#15]
You know they troll this forum don't you? STOP giving them fucking ideas!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#16]

No…

The correct argument is that the 2A was intended to ensure the
citizenry would be on equal footing with government.

Private ownership of Military style small arms is exactly what
it was ratified to protect from federal infringement.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg

Federal law doesn't address them at all.  Individual state regs may vary.  In most places, they are considered agricultural tools.

I think it's amusing that flame throwers aren't firearms.

Agricultural tools?  Hmm,I do have some brush that I need to tackle this spring.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:27:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I want a flamethrower.

That would be cool until I set myself on fire.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:29:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want a flamethrower.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I want a flamethrower.

https://www.google.com/search?q=super+soaker+flamethrower

[made hot]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:06:12 AM EDT
[#22]
better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAdLJbVJ_0o

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there is no way to completely rid the country of them because they are so easy to make, a hardware store like Lowes has all the parts you'd need to make a very effective flame thrower. A trip to a place that sells beer kegs would make it even better because you could pick up 3 CO2 cylinders and run even higher pressure than you could with just standard compressed air tanks.

You can get CO2 tanks in varying sizes for paintball markers in any sporting goods store in the country, or even a Walmart. Walmart even has small (410gr) precharged tanks for SodaStream units. A creative person could even make one small enough to be concealed in a small backpack (you know, the kind people use for school.)  If people really want to make weapons, nothing the government can do will stop it...

Not advocating anti-social behavior, just pointing out the fallacy of the infantile liberal mindset that thinks "Hey, if we make something illegal - it won't be a problem anymore." The cognitive dissonance is truly stunning, since a good number of the liberals I have known have never had a problem getting their illegal marijuana...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No…

The correct argument is that the 2A was intended to ensure thecitizenry would be on equal footing with government.

Private ownership of Military style small arms is exactly whatit was ratified to protect from federal infringement.

There was a GA ruling on the 2A in the 1800s that said states cannot infringe either.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would pressurized CO2 be the best option for this endeavor? It seems the CO2 would drown out your flame rather quickly?? Perhaps a trip to the local welding supply for oxygen or something? I'm no chemist, just playing devils advocate hah.

Regardless, Don't build flamethrowers in your backyard. Seems to me this could have a high potential of something going seriously wrong. Erin Andrews wrong even.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a flamethrower.

I don't want some homemade rig. I want a mil spec flamethrower.

This.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg

O M G LOLOLOLO
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want a flamethrower.

Mil spec, shmil spec.

I thought this one went pretty well. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/871573_.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a flamethrower.

http://shanikarobinson.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/screen-shot-2012-03-27-at-1-11-53-am2.png

That funny shit right there.perfect.

ETA damnable andriod
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.  

arm 2  (ärm)
n.
1. A weapon, especially a firearm: troops bearing arms; ICBMs, bombs, and other nuclear arms.

Almost all of the Founding Fathers' writings at the time, personal and political, indicated they meant small arms.  Infantry and militia weapons.  I do not disagree that a flamethrower, M249, M2, M79, etc would be considered infantry or militia weapons, but ordnance like nuclear weapons might be an illogical stretch based on what we know about their intent.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg

I believe they may be DD's
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a flamethrower.

What they said.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#35]

I would like it if I was never on the receiving end.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#36]
There was a guy that rented a flamethrower at the Knob Creekshoot each year. You could torch one of the shot up cars. The wife bought me a rental one year. I think it was $45 or something like that.
It was pretty fun. One of my friends got it on video.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I can already hear it:
"YOU DON'T NEED A FLAME THROWER TO KILL A DEER!!!"
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You know they troll this forum don't you? STOP giving them fucking ideas!

You think a post about flamethrowers is worse than thousands of pages of photos of tricked out AR's that scare the fuck out of people that don't know any better. Right...

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a flamethrower.

The military ones are quite expensive.  Just a quick search reveals that good ones go for 10k+.

Check here for new stuffhttp://www.flamethrowerplans.com/#!flamethrower/c1sgh
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg

I believe they may be DD's

Nope, they aren't.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg

Might have been. I always got those two confused!

Cpt. Redleg

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No…

The correct argument is that the 2A was intended to ensure thecitizenry would be on equal footing with government.

Private ownership of Military style small arms is exactly whatit was ratified to protect from federal infringement.

Not just small arms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]
This site is amazing for first posts summing it up best.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Massive fail on nearly every point.  Hairspray is NOT self-oxidizing by any stretch.  Sure, it contains ethanol which has an oxygen but it cannot burn without external oxygen.  

Propane's UN number isn't the adiabatic combustion temperature.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#46]
"... because our Founding Fathers were smart enough to know that someday, some idiot like you might come along and try to take our right away.  This is why it is codified into LAW.  It is the LAW OF THE LAND.  The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would pressurized CO2 be the best option for this endeavor? It seems the CO2 would drown out your flame rather quickly?? Perhaps a trip to the local welding supply for oxygen or something? I'm no chemist, just playing devils advocate hah.

Regardless, Don't build flamethrowers in your backyard. Seems to me this could have a high potential of something going seriously wrong. Erin Andrews wrong even.

If you look at the link, the co2 pressurized the top of the cylinder. The liquid is forced out the bottom. The co2 couldn't go out the nozzle until all the liquid Is spent.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Quoted:

No…

There was a GA ruling on the 2A in the 1800s that said states cannot infringe either.

Bad decision… inconsistent with the powers granted by the constitution.

Incorporation doctrine is a false doctrine which was created
out of thin air some 70 or so years after the ratification of the 14th
Amendment.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using O2 means you explode.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a flamethrower.

You see refurbished M9A1-7s for sale from time to time at the Knob Creek MZg shoot. It would be a risky business to go through the trouble of reverse engineering and tooling up to build replicas only to get your product banned before you can recoup startup and R&D  costs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top